Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

Hmmmm... Between this and the Weatherkid, I'm wondering if the DL forum isn't being exploited just a touch here. /urge to wreak havok rising

Well I wouldn't have had the urge to start a Deadpool if it hadn't been for DL. It's not like I came here looking for participants. I'd been reading a lot about how Deadpools seemed to lacked style, and I thought it might be an interesting idea to create one that was (somewhat) based around the concept. No one had to join, and it's not like I'm really gaining anything from having a larger base to work from except for like... more work...

True, I really can't put my finger on what bugs me about it so it's probably nothing, but at the end of the day this board is about improving our own performance in the DDP. If your pool contributes to this, then great, if it becomes contrary to said goal, there could be a problem. So far, so good, just wanted to put my "Hmm..." into the mix, publicly.

... at the end of the day this board is about improving our own performance in the DDP. If your pool contributes to this, then great, if it becomes contrary to said goal, there could be a problem. So far, so good, just wanted to put my "Hmm..." into the mix, publicly.

It could also be argued that individual DLers entering DDP could be to the detriment of DL's own chances. Would you suggest a ban on such activity from DL members?

... at the end of the day this board is about improving our own performance in the DDP. If your pool contributes to this, then great, if it becomes contrary to said goal, there could be a problem. So far, so good, just wanted to put my "Hmm..." into the mix, publicly.

It could also be argued that individual DLers entering DDP could be to the detriment of DL's own chances. Would you suggest a ban on such activity from DL members?

That's been discussed and dismissed, but I had my doubts then, too. I'm a team player. /shrug

DL has changed rather a lot in the year and a half that I've been around. Whilst some changes are for the better in that there is a more diverse input, we are at the same time liable to stray from the main purpose of the place. Possibly the original idea could be further developed as it approaches it's 20th year?

A tentative suggestion might be for DL itself to submit entries to these other DPs. Hours of fun could be had discussing how the teams would be drawn up and by whom - but we would be getting back to basics, if in an new way.

I don't claim any special influence but I think CP's deadpool design was responding partly to a comment I made about a lack of style in some picks that were becoming increasingly scientific etc. As for team play, really OoO and Rotten Ali's contributions have done all the hard work for everybody. But at the end of the year when it comes to the DDP - still the big one - it's up to the DL committee and part of the fun is other members like our famous Football Fan doing their own pics to beat the system. The DL works very well because it's the sum of its bizarre parts. I didn't get my act together for CPs pool as I was doing other things and it was all too horribly complicated for me. But I think he's done a good job, seems to have the patience of Job too.

Hmmmm... Between this and the Weatherkid, I'm wondering if the DL forum isn't being exploited just a touch here. /urge to wreak havok rising

Well I wouldn't have had the urge to start a Deadpool if it hadn't been for DL. It's not like I came here looking for participants. I'd been reading a lot about how Deadpools seemed to lacked style, and I thought it might be an interesting idea to create one that was (somewhat) based around the concept. No one had to join, and it's not like I'm really gaining anything from having a larger base to work from except for like... more work...

True, I really can't put my finger on what bugs me about it so it's probably nothing, but at the end of the day this board is about improving our own performance in the DDP. If your pool contributes to this, then great, if it becomes contrary to said goal, there could be a problem. So far, so good, just wanted to put my "Hmm..." into the mix, publicly.

If the Deathlist wants to improve its DDP chances then it needs to change the way it selects its team. The DDP has different criteria from DL so why use DL candidates in its DDP team.

Let those of us with our finger on the deadpool pulse select the DL DDP team.

If the Deathlist wants to improve its DDP chances then it needs to change the way it selects its team. The DDP has different criteria from DL so why use DL candidates in its DDP team.

Almost like a senate speech in old Rome. Beware the Ides of October Tempus.

May I remind the honourable gentleman of the fact that Dl won DDP two years ago?

regards,

Hein

May I remind the honourable gentleman of the fact that Dl won DDP two years ago?

regards,

Hein

These days though the competition is a lot stiffer.

That's true. There's also more of it.

Oh well, I suppose that DLCC will have a look at the Ideas and Possibilities before they perform their uneviable task.

regards,

Hein

Very surprised CP that no-one picked Barbara Kelly, Canadian actress who is Bernard Braden's widow. At 82 still a bit young I suppose.

I think Nick Du Toit should be on next years DL. And the President Of Slovenia. And Sidney Sheldon. :banghead:

Crooked like a branch, arthritis of this must be killing some people. Dead Pools can't always be a walk in the park.

Freddy Fender dies.

Canadian obit

Congratulations to the following teams:

Canadian Paul

CarolAnn

DevonDeathTrip

F**k F**k Fuckety F**k F**k

Slave to the Grave

The Judean People's Front

The Tim O'Tays

Freddy Fender dies.

Canadian obit

Canadian Paul

CarolAnn

DevonDeathTrip

Slave to the Grave

The Tim O'Tays

This is the very first time I've ever been in the lead in a deadpool! I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. :huh:

Freddy Fender dies.

Canadian obit

Canadian Paul

CarolAnn

DevonDeathTrip

Slave to the Grave

The Tim O'Tays

And to STAB_in_the_DARK as well, who for some reason wasn't listed on the original roster.

Site updated shortly.

Hello CP,

Just something I noticed in the "Hall of Candidates" profiles.

1. For Tammy Faye Messner's profile, you have her listed as a Canadian, but she is not.
  2. For Saddam Hussein's profile. His name is incorrectly spelt as "Sadaam" and the unique pick bonus option is selected, despite him being chosen by 3 teams.

Regards,

ff

Hello CP,

Just something I noticed in the "Hall of Candidates" profiles.

1. For Tammy Faye Messner's profile, you have her listed as a Canadian, but she is not.
  2. For Saddam Hussein's profile. It is incorrectly spelt as "Sadaam" and the unique pick bonus option is selected, despite him being chosen by 3 teams.

Regards,

ff

Thanks FF! The more of those I can fix, the better. Couldn't find who the third team who chose Sadaam was though... and I spell it Sadaam because I'm used to transliterating it from Arabic that way.

Anyhow, site updated and email sent out.

On the Hall of Teams page I'm missing a F*ck, it says F*ck F*ck Fuckety F*ck instead of F*cK F*ck Fuckety F*ck F*ck.

Ditto the score page.

YAY!! finally I get some points :huh:

On the Hall of Teams page I'm missing a F*ck, it says F*ck F*ck Fuckety F*ck instead of F*cK F*ck Fuckety F*ck F*ck.

Ditto the score page.

Whereas it should be F**k Fuckety F**k F**k F**k.

I'm a bit confused to the qualification for earning points for Ross Davidson.

Doesn't a BBC announcement count ?

It does, but it was only announced on the BBC at 10.30 GMT today.

I'm sure when our friend across the Atlantic wakes up, the scoreboard will be amended accordingly and four teams will be in joint first place. :pop:

Two hits in four days, it took me nine months to get that far on the DDP!

I'm sure when out friend across the Atlantic wakes up, the scoreboard will be amended accordingly and four teams will be in joint first place. :pop:

I have to say this is the most success I've had on any dead pool all year, I also score my first point on the WDP :skull:

I'm sure when out friend across the Atlantic wakes up, the scoreboard will be amended accordingly and four teams will be in joint first place. :)

I have to say this is the most success I've had on any dead pool all year, I also score my first point on the WDP :)

Drat, I've underestimated how much people in the UK give a damn about Ross Davidson... Teodoro Obiang Nguema better be damn prepared to cark it in the coming year. :banghead:

Anyhow, still a hit for me in the WDP and, more importantly for four of you, points in the CPDP. I'll do the full update and email once I get back from my afternoon class.