Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

Sorry to be a pain in the neck, CP, but could you possibly arrange to have one of these lovely little icons which appear next to your url, please? It may seem like a small thing but it will provide that very important easy-to-find access from bookmark toolbar to your wonderful web-site! :rolleyes:

Sorry to be a pain in the neck, CP, but could you possibly arrange to have one of these lovely little icons which appear next to your url, please? It may seem like a small thing but it will provide that very important easy-to-find access from bookmark toolbar to your wonderful web-site! :rolleyes:

Hmmm... there used to be one up there, I hadn't noticed that it had disappeared.

Anyhow, there's a shiny new one up there now. Thanks for noticing!

Robert Altman's death gives Slave to the Grave her second hit on her Theme Team, bringing her into first place in the Theme Team category. Site now updated.

Also, I toyed around with removing the "Famous for being Famous" penalty from Barzan al-Tikriti, but decided against it. If anyone wants to stick up for DDT though, feel free to let me know. :D

EDIT: Turns out Altman died of leukemia, which means one less point for SttG. Still retains her lead though.

I knew my two hits early on would jinx things for me, oh well I can handle joint 4th place :D

I knew my two hits early on would jinx things for me, oh well I can handle joint 4th place :D

I consider it joint 3rd place, if it makes you feel any better. :P

Site updated to reflect the death of Allen Carr. Unexpected, but not as much so as Robert Altman.

I knew my two hits early on would jinx things for me, oh well I can handle joint 4th place :P

I consider it joint 3rd place, if it makes you feel any better. :P

well it doesn't matter now, I've dropped to joint 5th place :P

I'm not sure.. because I could've SWORN I put Carr and Puskas on my CPDP (I appreciate I obviously didn't, dementia creeping in I fear) but I am also pretty certain I put Pinochet on my Theme Team list?

If not I really will be :):party:

I'm not sure.. because I could've SWORN I put Carr and Puskas on my CPDP (I appreciate I obviously didn't, dementia creeping in I fear) but I am also pretty certain I put Pinochet on my Theme Team list?

If not I really will be :):party:

Third time's a charm eh OoO? :party:

Yes, the site has been updated to reflect points going toward's Football Fan's and The Judean People's Front's Theme Teams, putting them in first and second place in that category respectively.

By the way, I've noticed that I got hits on November 5, 17 and 29 (Ecevit, Puskas, Carr) in my deadpools... if it's happening every 12 days, then I'll be due for another one tomorrow. :party:

By the way, I've noticed that I got hits on November 5, 17 and 29 (Ecevit, Puskas, Carr) in my deadpools... if it's happening every 12 days, then I'll be due for another one tomorrow. :)

I hate to be BS, but Elizabeth Bolden was on my "I don't acknowledge its existence" HDP entry for this year. B)

See you the day before Christmas Eve then? :(

Edit: Oh yeah, site updated to reflect Bolden's death, while we're at it.

Ms Lizzie

No longer old and in the way. Ah, a few points at long last!

So young, so youing why was she taken so young,

it's all too harrowing when a tragedy* like this occurs.

*The tragedy being I didn't have her in any deadpool as far as I remember.

Ms Lizzie

No longer old and in the way. Ah, a few points at long last!

A Bolden Oldie :huh:

Not having a lot of luck here. Henry Beachell's been dead over half a week, one of my old and in the way team, still struggling to find an obit. I'm figuring some serious minded newspaper in Canada might've done one, but I don't know which are Canada's top papers.

Not having a lot of luck here. Henry Beachell's been dead over half a week, one of my old and in the way team, still struggling to find an obit. I'm figuring some serious minded newspaper in Canada might've done one, but I don't know which are Canada's top papers.

That's what happens when you pick nobodies, MPFC.

But in this case, you win.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/1...9c667771673.txt

Another hit for MPFC's very controversial theme team.

Very controversial nowt. If it's okay with CP it's okay, since he had the list well ahead of time. What I gain in liklihood of death I'm losing on low points per death. I only got five for Beachell because he was a unique pick. He was out there, old and infirm and available for anyone else to spot.

According to the CPDP rules "All that is required is an English-language obituary from an online news source."

Not an online newspaper, so any website reporting Beachell's death qualifies as an online news source.

You should get the points.

An "online news source" is one that comes up on Google News Search. Not blog search, not a personal site, so any website reporting Beachell's death does NOT qualify.

This one will do fine. OoO's doesn't show up on Google News Search. I'll update the site when I get back.

I only allowed your team MPFC to see how it would fare against, you know, creative teams. Next year it will certainly be disallowed.

According to the CPDP rules "All that is required is an English-language obituary from an online news source."

Not an online newspaper, so any website reporting Beachell's death qualifies as an online news source.

You should get the points.

I thought that the online news source had to be Canadian if it was not from the BBC or CNN.

Anyway, points have already been awarded, so congrats to MPFC for his unique selection.

Regards,

ff

CP: I only allowed your team MPFC to see how it would fare against, you know, creative teams. Next year it will certainly be disallowed.

Next year I'm considering a team of famous animals, you know retired race horses, alcoholic chimps owned by Michael Jackson, stuff like that. Is that okay? Incidentally, the points system and the rest, plus the fact that my team clearly have some damn good genes, don't give it the advantage some people seem to think. Lara -double anal; rip, oh sh*t there goes my career and maybe my life, I guess I'll move back to CANADA where I came from - Roxx would be worth a double death against some members of my oldsters.

It's not the advantage, per se, MPFC, it's more the fact that it goes against what the CPDP was set up for - especially for a theme team. Otherwise I think a few more of us would've gone for Lizzie Bolden, at least.

But CP has allowed it, and accept it we must.

I already know the theme team I going to pick next: People With Very Fine Names. I did pick an Ecclesiastical All Stars theme team for the HDP, but I lost it and I damned if I can remember who I picked , I'm going to replace that one with: Men With Beards.

I thought that the online news source had to be Canadian if it was not from the BBC or CNN.

Only for the ordinary team. For the Theme Team, I'm more lax to allow for more interesting teams.

Next year I'm considering a team of famous animals, you know retired race horses, alcoholic chimps owned by Michael Jackson, stuff like that. Is that okay? Incidentally, the points system and the rest, plus the fact that my team clearly have some damn good genes, don't give it the advantage some people seem to think. Lara -double anal; rip, oh sh*t there goes my career and maybe my life, I guess I'll move back to CANADA where I came from - Roxx would be worth a double death against some members of my oldsters.

Famous animals would be most certainly allowed. I think it'd make for a damn fine team. I knew people would get upset when I allowed it, but it's one of the only fun parts about being el jefe. I want to see exactly the "good genes" things and how that plays out. Next year, however, my curiosity will be satisfied.

it's more the fact that it goes against what the CPDP was set up for - especially for a theme team. Otherwise I think a few more of us would've gone for Lizzie Bolden, at least.

OoO has always been good at expressing what I feel, this is no different.

I already know the theme team I going to pick next: People With Very Fine Names. I did pick an Ecclesiastical All Stars theme team for the HDP, but I lost it and I damned if I can remember who I picked , I'm going to replace that one with: Men With Beards.

Very fine names might be a bit subjective, but the elasticity of the rules is related more to the actual people chosen. Men with beards would be a bit broad, especially since you could argue what a "beard" is and whether they need to have it at the time of picking etc.

Anyhow, I was surprised to see that no one picked Barbera for the CPDP, but a Beachell update will be forthcoming tonight. I'm going to take a (very) rare opportunity to gloat, since I picked Barbera for the RDP and the DDP. :D:):ph34r:

OK, I'm done now.

Re theme teams

How would a theme team of totally fictional characters go? I.e. characters in on-going dramas. A skilful pick could probably snag ten who could - like Pauline Fowler - be killed off by the writers, gaining national publicity as they go. They probably wouldn't have Wiki pages, assuming CP's 'friends' include many of us these characters would have been heard of. They'd probably average higher accident, assassination and infarction bonuses. Age could be a problem mind, since many soap characters never reveal the age they're supposed to be.

Worth thinking about if the point of theme teams is to be creative and skilful.

You know every time I see the title of this thread I think it has to do with Paulie being in a dead pool......though I don't know how he'd swim around in there.

Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown Drake!

Site updated to reflect The Judean People's Front unique hit!