Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

Eh? There is, my oldsters have stumbled into third place, overtaking DDT's altogether more daring selections.

No, they're in second place, the same place they were after Bertrand's death.

Oh aye, sorry, I'd given the scoreboard such a fleeting glance I've only just realised how you've split it left and right.

Looking at the surviving ex-presidents and the shuffling wrecks on my theme team, and the two point gap....hmmm

Site updated to reflect the death of Sidney Sheldon, which puts DDT in first place in the Ordinary Team category.

Site gleefully updated for death of Maurice Papon

Damn you people with your morals.

Gleefully...

Site gleefully updated for death of Maurice Papon

Damn you people with your morals.

Gleefully...

Morals? How do you know that it wasn't gleeful because beautiful Thai models give me sensual massages every time I update the site? ;)

Now who's judgmental? (Me, I'm just mental :blink:)

Morals? How do you know that it wasn't gleeful because beautiful Thai models give me sensual massages every time I update the site? :blink:

Just a guess.

Now who's judgmental?

I'm still going with my original punt on you. I'd also stick with my first accusation of backstabbing.

More bad news for MPFC I'm afraid. It seems that John Bowman died way back in December 2006 and didn't cause a stir:

Proof 1

Proof 2

Not to mention that the fellow doesn't have a Wikipedia either. Looks like MPFC's 0 for 2 this time.

More bad news for MPFC I'm afraid. It seems that John Bowman died way back in December 2006 and didn't cause a stir. Looks like MPFC's 0 for 2 this time.

Bad luck MPFC, but that's what you get for picking nobodies & "topical" picks. That's (Bowman's coverage) why I stay clear of all the J. Grove, J. Hogan, W.Ainscow, L.Hughes malarkey.

Hopefully you'll learn from this for next year.

It was a damn fool idea to think that John Bowman would ever get a UK obit. Whoever suggested him is clearly an idiot.

Ah. :(

Aye, living and learning with this, consoled only by cashing in my 24 point joker on the DDP today.

Well after all that effort that TF put into fixing the site to include John Inman, the poor chap has rewarded the hard work by dying. A unique hit for CarolAnn puts her in joint third place in the Ordinary Team category.

Could be a hit for MPFC in the CPDP with Hughes if the obit comes.. the first since Inman, I believe? Somewhat surprised we all missed Yeltsin on this DP...

Could be a hit for MPFC in the CPDP with Hughes if the obit comes.. the first since Inman, I believe? Somewhat surprised we all missed Yeltsin on this DP...

Hughes has obit enough for a theme team, but I haven't seen her pop up on the BBC, CNN or a Canadian news site yet, so before MPFC can get his points, we'll have to wait for one of those.

It was the best of luck, it was the worst of luck. :)

If I rename my CPDP team The sh*t Pickers.....whaddya think?

Hughes has obit enough for a theme team, but I haven't seen her pop up on the BBC, CNN or a Canadian news site yet, so before MPFC can get his points, we'll have to wait for one of those.

MPFC, did you really think Hughes would get a BBC obit??? :)

Well, I can't fault your optimism, even if I doubt your rational DP thought. <_<

I updated the site, as it appears that she's not going to get an proper team obit, but I'm not going to bother to send out an email until someone who actually scores points dies. Sending a note that says "Hey everyone, someone died but it changes nothing" is tantamount to spam really.

Can't say I'm unhappy about removing that gigantic John Inman picture from the front page though.

Updated to reflect the death of Bernard Manning, which bumps Windsor the Troll up a couple places.

Updated to reflect the death of George Melly, the most notable effect being that f**k f**k Fuckety f**k f**k is now back in the ordinary team lead.

Updated to reflect the death of Lady Bird Johnson. Nothing too exciting really, Football Fan and I shuffle up the middle of the board a bit.

Updated to reflect the death of Tammy Faye Messner, the biggest news being Fuckety solidifying his lead more.

First of all, I wanted to mention that I haven't forgot about the Theme Team bonus points, and I will be consulting a small group of people who will decide which teams get the points. Other than me, none of them will be people with theme teams in the game and I won't be eligible.

Secondly, the new game is coming up in just over a month and I'll be instating some changes. Here's some of the things I've been thinking about, but please make any suggestions that you think of:

1. No picks already on death row - pretty self explanatory.

2. No picks that are both famous for being famous AND under 25. I figure 15,16,18,21 all random numbers if you think about it. There shouldn't be too much conflict if it is set at 25. The penalty for young un's will still be set at 15 or younger.

3. Handrejka's Transsexual Bonus - I was thinking a +1 bonus for any transsexual, transgenered, hermaphrodite etc. in addition to the +1 bonus for females - thus effectively giving a +2 bonus to anyone who falls into this category.

4. Only one candidate can be on both teams - I purposely left out a "mutual candidate" rule this year to see how it would play out. Only one person - Windsor - decided to take advantage, having Bobby Robson on both of his teams. So, the players have decided this one it seems, and next year the rule will be that you are allowed one candidate who can appear on both teams.

I think that about covers it then.

Updated to reflect the death of Tammy Faye Messner, the biggest news being Fuckety solidifying his lead more.

First of all, I wanted to mention that I haven't forgot about the Theme Team bonus points, and I will be consulting a small group of people who will decide which teams get the points. Other than me, none of them will be people with theme teams in the game and I won't be eligible.

Secondly, the new game is coming up in just over a month and I'll be instating some changes. Here's some of the things I've been thinking about, but please make any suggestions that you think of:

1. No picks already on death row - pretty self explanatory.

2. No picks that are both famous for being famous AND under 25. I figure 15,16,18,21 all random numbers if you think about it. There shouldn't be too much conflict if it is set at 25. The penalty for young un's will still be set at 15 or younger.

3. Handrejka's Transsexual Bonus - I was thinking a +1 bonus for any transsexual, transgenered, hermaphrodite etc. in addition to the +1 bonus for females - thus effectively giving a +2 bonus to anyone who falls into this category.

4. Only one candidate can be on both teams - I purposely left out a "mutual candidate" rule this year to see how it would play out. Only one person - Windsor - decided to take advantage, having Bobby Robson on both of his teams. So, the players have decided this one it seems, and next year the rule will be that you are allowed one candidate who can appear on both teams.

I think that about covers it then.

Can we have a dead drummer bonus for this year's competition?

Shock, horror etc.

Another one down on my main team and she HAS got an obit! I've crawled up from crap to merely mediocre!

Can we have a dead drummer bonus for this year's competition?

I certainly wouldn't object, but I'd hate to be accused of ripping off NAP. If he graced it with his blessing, I could certainly do that.

Am I getting a whiff of someone's theme team FF? :rip:

When is the entry deadline, CP?

I have my theme team ready but I'm going on holiday late August & don't want to miss the cut off point.(Sad, I know, putting CPDP deadlines in front of holiday fun ;) )