Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

Anyone seen the Paddy Considine directed 'Tyrannosaur'?

A brilliant film but by god it's a tough watch and not one you'd want to go back to in a hurry.

Coming on a forum and reading about celebrities who will possibly die, actually cheered me up.

Yes saw it when it came out, wasn't bad, wouldn't go so far as to say it was brilliant but a promising debut for Considine. Very Shane Meadows-esque

Watched the 2008 Chilean laugh-a-minute flick "Tony Manero" at the weekend, which uses a string of murders committed by a man obsessed with "Saturday Night Fever" as an allegory for Pinochet-era Fascism. One of the most unnerving films I've seen in a long time.

When it comes to movies that feature elements parodying Saturday Night Fever, I prefer the disco scene in Airplane!, or the almost-unheard-of and surely unbroadcastable 1984 movie "Night Patrol", in which "Tony Baloney" (IIRC) is played in an early appearance by Andrew Dice Clay.

I suppose I might watch that Tony Manero thing if it ever comes up on Film4. Definitely sounds a bit gimmicky though.

When it comes to movies that feature elements parodying Saturday Night Fever, I prefer the disco scene in Airplane!, or the almost-unheard-of and surely unbroadcastable 1984 movie "Night Patrol", in which "Tony Baloney" (IIRC) is played in an early appearance by Andrew Dice Clay.

I suppose I might watch that Tony Manero thing if it ever comes up on Film4. Definitely sounds a bit gimmicky though.

It is excellent, very matter of fact. The first in Pablo Lerrain's 'Chile' trilogy, the second and third are respectively Post Mortem and the oscar-nominated No, starring Gael Garcia Bernal. Both are also very good

Just watched a great Norwegian movie called 'the bothersome man' . Excellent if you like dark comedy but also a movie that makes you think during and after it.

The remake of ''Oldboy''.

Fucking superb.........just watch it...

the one with Laurence Fishburne, right?
  • Like 1

Nope, Samuel L........... not saying owt as it would detract from it, but pleasantly surprised that it ain't no Hollywood ending.

Never got round to watching the original but I'm downloading it as I type.

Normally I detest remakes (The Bad Luitenant etc etc) but this is the best film I have seen in the last few years in that sorta 'action' genre.

Nope, Samuel L........... not saying owt as it would detract from it, but pleasantly surprised that it ain't no Hollywood ending.

Never got round to watching the original but I'm downloading it as I type.

Normally I detest remakes (The Bad Luitenant etc etc) but this is the best film I have seen in the last few years in that sorta 'action' genre.

Whoosh!

• Like 1

yep :), still not getting it though...................it is late for me ...

A newsreader mistook Jackson for Lawrence Fishburne and he went ballistic over it

Talking of remakes, I saw the new version of Robocop and it actually isn't half bad, not on a par with the original but it could certainly have been a lot worse. There's a lot of threads that don't ultimately go anywhere but it's got enough to hold the attention

A newsreader mistook Jackson for Lawrence Fishburne and he went ballistic over it

lol.......Larry probably was the earlier actor (Apocolypse Now?) but there has gotta be 20 years between them .

Guest Jens Lehmann

Blue Is The Warmest Colour9 out of 10 stars

We went to see Legend last night and I thought it was very good. Of course it's hard to tell how much artistic licence they have used, but Tom Hardy was very convincing and you really did believe it was two different people playing the brothers. Some violence obviously but not as much as I'd thought, but lots of use of the word 'cunt'. And Ronnie was portrayed as much more completely fucking MENTAL than in the Kemp brothers film. If the portrayal in this film was true to life, then he really was totally fucking hatstand. His young male 'friend' was played by the same lad that starred in Kingsman, and he was very good too I thought. All in all a good watch.

Lol'ed at the Guardian ** star rating made to look like **** on the poster, but that's it.

Hardy meant to be good, but, they both were mental. Not scotch mental, but 'close'.

Won't watch as it is glorifying a nutjob. I'll stick to Narcos.....

Went to see Bill this afternoon.

We were the only three people in the cinema. Very funny, very clever & very silly.

Pushes the PG boundary I think but considering baby Biblo is 19 that isn't really an issue.

I am about to Watch Spy with Melissa Macarthy...I hear it is funny...hope so

I love the awards season , the illegal downloads appear in double quick time because of the screeners :)

The Hateful Eight, almost 3 hours Tarintino'd out my nut, excellent as usual.

We watched The Hateful Eight tonight. Three fucking hours! It was predictably full of gore and violence, a few laughs, it must have been quite a good story because it held my attention and I didn't fall asleep in the cinema, so if you've got the patience, give it a whirl.

Finally saw Star Wars the Force Awakens. It is amazing that I managed to avoid spoilers. I was pleasantly surprised. We had tried to sooner but my son had to be in the right mood and the "stars" aligned for tonight. Yay!

Just got back from seeing Grimsby. It's a bit stupid, and Sacha Baron Cohen is a bit of a shit actor, but we LAUGHED OUR FUCKING TITS OFF the whole way through. This probably says more about us than the quality of the film. If you have a juvenile sense of humour, watch it.

Just got back from seeing Grimsby. It's a bit stupid, and Sacha Baron Cohen is a bit of a shit actor, but we LAUGHED OUR FUCKING TITS OFF the whole way through. This probably says more about us than the quality of the film. If you have a juvenile sense of humour, watch it.

Aye, myself and the Voice of Young Maryport are planning to go. No amount of education and professional employment has dimmed our love of a fart gag or enjoyment of the musical efforts of acts like Kunt and the Gang.

• Like 1

I'd be interested to hear what you think Mary, it appears that some are up in arms because rich and famous Cohen is 'taking the piss' out of Northerners. I think they're missing the point of the film (although I can't really tell you what I think the point is until you've seen it). I'd welcome intelligent conversation with you once you've seen it.

I'd be interested to hear what you think Mary, it appears that some are up in arms because rich and famous Cohen is 'taking the piss' out of Northerners. I think they're missing the point of the film (although I can't really tell you what I think the point is until you've seen it). I'd welcome intelligent conversation with you once you've seen it.

Hmm, that might have to wait. Young Maryport put the date of his visit back a week, which might do for our chances of seeing it at the cinema. Contented myself by catching up with Bad Grandpa last night; some agreeable scatalogical humour to be had there.

• Like 1