Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

Do links work? I want to see this film.

if you replace that old man with a handsome young man with chiseled ads and this movie is exactly like the time me and spade Cooley met.

The last chiselled ad I saw was Labour's Ed stone at the last election.

• Like 2

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - I'm not really a Goth type person and as such can take or leave Tim Burton (Batman was OK but feels a bit 80s now). Miss Peregrine is a very Tim Burtony film - the 'Dark' things butting up against our reality schtick. But the plot is laboured and the settings bizarre. I mean, Blackpool! I know it doesn't have to be authentic, but they visit the central pier in two time zones and there are no posters advertising Ken Dodd in either of them - come on! The film is at least 30 mins too long. The twins turn out to have the best power and if they'd utilised them earlier it could all have been over in a hour. Oh and Samuel L Jackson puts in a good performance as Samuel L Jackson.

• Like 1

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - I'm not really a Goth type person and as such can take or leave Tim Burton (Batman was OK but feels a bit 80s now). Miss Peregrine is a very Tim Burtony film - the 'Dark' things butting up against our reality schtick. But the plot is laboured and the settings bizarre. I mean, Blackpool! I know it doesn't have to be authentic, but they visit the central pier in two time zones and there are no posters advertising Ken Dodd in either of them - come on! The film is at least 30 mins too long. The twins turn out to have the best power and if they'd utilised them earlier it could all have been over in a hour. Oh and Samuel L Jackson puts in a good performance as Samuel L Jackson.

I started reading the book (charity shop buy) but soon lost interest and gave up. I can't be doing with foreign authors who write about places they know nothing about and clearly haven't researched.

I disagree i thought the flim was paced pretty good. The twins didn't use their powers sooner because they weren't given the opportunity. One plot hole i could not get behind is the fact that the grandpa never told his son but he told his grandson.

I disagree i thought the flim was paced pretty good. The twins didn't use their powers sooner because they weren't given the opportunity. One plot hole i could not get behind is the fact that the grandpa never told his son but he told his grandson.

Spoiler alert - they just had to take their masks off, what opportunity were they waiting for? The plot had more holes than a holey thing with holes worn in.

• Like 1

Spoiler alert - they just had to take their masks off, what opportunity were they waiting for? The plot had more holes than a holey thing with holes worn in.

but if they did that they would have killed the main characters. The scene that they had was their only chance.

but if they did that they would have killed the main characters. The scene that they had was their only chance.

Irony, my friend, irony.

Beasts of No Nation - this a tough watch. Idris Elba is gives a brilliant performance as a charismatic military commander both bending the will of and giving hope to, the hopeless. As Hobbes meets Golding, children are denied their childhood and robbed of their humanity. There may be hope in the end but what the film portrays goes on every day. It is testament to the failure of Western Civilisation that all I can do for redemption is get seriously drunk and watch Bugs Bunny cartoons.

• Like 2

Beasts of No Nation - this a tough watch. Idris Elba is gives a brilliant performance as a charismatic military commander both bending the will of and giving hope to, the hopeless. As Hobbes meets Golding, children are denied their childhood and robbed of their humanity. There may be hope in the end but what the film portrays goes on every day. It is testament to the failure of Western Civilisation that all I can do for redemption is get seriously drunk and watch Bugs Bunny cartoons.

I prefer to get drunk and watch Leni's Triumph of the Will.

Western Civilisation still had hope then.

• Like 2

Snowden.

Doesn't matter if 80% true. Or 90%.

Or even 40%.

Good that Trump got in as all before were cunts, probably not change but at least he wasn't one of the system.

Enjoyable.

• Like 1

As promised (on another thread I know but what the hey) the 5 worst Xmas films.

Christmas with the Kranks - Jamie Lee Curtis should know better. Neighbours stop couple from spending Xmas on a cruise. Fascism with tinsel.

Jack Frost (the Michael Keaton one)- Snow dad is better than no dad. No it isn't. Misogynist clap trap - xmas needs two parents even if one of them was a waster who never had time for the family. Melt you f***er.

Santa with Muscles - Hulk Hogan before (redacted on legal advice) applies magic Christmas sprinkle and turns from a wrestler into a piece of 2 by 4.

Santa Claus the Movie - animatronic reindeer out act Dudley Moore

Nativity 3 - 1 was decent and made money so they made 2 and people turned up again. So hey let's try another one but let's not bother thinking up any semblance of a coherent plot. The writers just ate flyagaric and put random ideas on post-its. Hey we should go to New York - but the film covers two days never mind it's Christmas the poor saps watching this will never notice and anyway we don't care, pass the brandy.

There are so many to choose from unfortunately.. and I haven't even seen Bad Santa 2.

Bad Santa 2 is a film I am looking forward to...

Actually, it links with Gorky Park.

Big fan of Billy Bob, and tonight I am mainlining all 8 of Goliath which has William Hurt as his protagonist.

4 down, both are excellent.

Do links work? I want to see this film.

Saw it, thought it was utter tosh. A paper-thin one joke premise that utilises lots of nudity and goo to try and masquerade its total lack of imagination. Like a bad John Waters rip off minus the wit or intelligence

Had forgotten Prometheus is a crimbo film.

Watched again a few nights back, and yip, starts Xmas day.

I saw Bad Santa II. If you liked BS I you'll like II as well (I loved them both).

• Like 1

Videodrome. Caught up on this early Cronenburg offering again over the weekend. I'll be honest the first time I watched it I was an adolescent penguin fixated on Debbi Harry's nipples.It is dated, but still interesting and has some messages whcih carry over to today. If you are thinking of buying an Oculus VR this Xmas, don't watch this film.

Caught a fleeting glimpse of the central murder scene in Dial M for Murder on BBC 2 today. Hitchcock knew how to shoot a death, eh? Make them look orgasmic.

Cracking stuff - though Ray Milland was a bit pedestrian.

Red Army.

On Netflix I believe.

About the Soviet ice hockey machine, by Herzog.

Brilliant.

Watched two films on the plane Ab Fab movie bit weird as it almost looks like a celebration of what it is meant to be parodying. Kathy Burke is brilliant though and then I watched the animated film Kubo and the Two Strings trying to get the feel of a Ghibli movie but with stop motion animation, nice try, quite emotional but over the end credits you get Regina Spektor singing While My Guitar Gently Weeps.........?????????

Watched two movies over Christmas The autopsy of Jane Doe and train to busan both excellent movies .

Last night, I watched a British 1950s thriller so obscure that it has no Wikipedia article and no IMDb message board threads. But, I thought it was a decent film anyway.

Some notes:

*The lead role is played by an underrated blonde Scottish actress named Patricia Dainton. She was still alive at age 86 as of April 2016, but seems healthy enough to not be considered for deadpool purposes for the time being. Maybe one for the future?

*A blind teenage boy appears early in the movie; it wasn't until afterwards that I realized that he would eventually grow up to become one of the most talked about celebrities on deathlist.net: Richard O'Sullivan.

*The detective, Conrad Phillips, earned me 7 points in the last year's DDP!

*I kept thinking that the guy who played Dickie O's father looked like a slightly overweight Adolf Hitler, lol.

And the name of the film would be?

Last night, I watched a British 1950s thriller so obscure that it has no Wikipedia article and no IMDb message board threads. But, I thought it was a decent film anyway.

Some notes:

*The lead role is played by an underrated blonde Scottish actress named Patricia Dainton. She was still alive at age 86 as of April 2016, but seems healthy enough to not be considered for deadpool purposes for the time being. Maybe one for the future?

*A blind teenage boy appears early in the movie; it wasn't until afterwards that I realized that he would eventually grow up to become one of the most talked about celebrities on deathlist.net: Richard O'Sullivan.

*The detective, Conrad Phillips, earned me 8 points in the last year's DDP!

*I kept thinking that the guy who played Dickie O's father looked like a slightly overweight Adolf Hitler, lol.

Witness in the Dark.

Saw it many years ago, when I were a lad.

• Like 1

Ah that's quite a good film, saw it on Talking Pictures last year. The killer is Nigel Green of Zulu/Ipcress File fame.

Ah that's quite a good film, saw it on Talking Pictures last year. The killer is Nigel Green of Zulu/Ipcress File fame.

No point watching it now :smileyd:

• Like 1