Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

I'm getting the hell out of here for a while. Before I do ..

Now as most of you know, The 82nd Academy Awards aired last night on channel 7. I somehow missed the first half of it and assume that I only missed out on the awards given to cinematographers and Russian masters of sound mixing who do not have much command over the English language and read long ridiculous lists of names they "would like to thank". You are wonderful, you are great, so talented! If it weren't for you .. if only you knew .. I came a long way .. If only words could say .. how many times I changed the channel. Because I lost count.

It was really brutal how they presented the nominees for "Best Actor".

At this very moment I will make a pledge to myself and anyone who knows of my existence.

If someday I should ever find myself holding an award while standing in front of a large audience with approximately 30 seconds to say thanks, I will most certainly do it with style.

"There's a lot of people I could thank right now, but instead I'll just take this moment to thank myself". I'll raise the trophy to the sky and march off that stage in all my glory.

I'm getting the hell out of here for a while. Before I do ..

Now as most of you know, The 82nd Academy Awards aired last night on channel 7. I somehow missed the first half of it and assume that I only missed out on the awards given to cinematographers and Russian masters of sound mixing who do not have much command over the English language and read long ridiculous lists of names they "would like to thank". You are wonderful, you are great, so talented! If it weren't for you .. if only you knew .. I came a long way .. If only words could say .. how many times I changed the channel. Because I lost count.

It was really brutal how they presented the nominees for "Best Actor".

At this very moment I will make a pledge to myself and anyone who knows of my existence.

If someday I should ever find myself holding an award while standing in front of a large audience with approximately 30 seconds to say thanks, I will most certainly do it with style.

"There's a lot of people I could thank right now, but instead I'll just take this moment to thank myself". I'll raise the trophy to the sky and march off that stage in all my glory.

Going away for a while - are you Jon Venables?

That's probably the least stylish, most self-centred and biggest tosspot way to do it.

That's probably the least stylish, most self-centred and biggest tosspot way to do it.

That's your opinion - but to each his own. How about .. I just wanted to say that if you would like to find out who I wanted to thank, my website is www.(I think you get my point).com.

And hey Welshman, what have I done to you? .. I've never met your mother. Come on, why can't we all just get along?

That's your opinion - but to each his own. How about .. I just wanted to say that if you would like to find out who I wanted to thank, my website is www.(I think you get my point).com.

And hey Welshman, what have I done to you? .. I've never met your mother. Come on, why can't we all just get along?

Just calling it like I see it Banshee. If someone got up on the podium and thanked noone but themselves, then that'd be my opinion of them.

I watched Harry Brown last night. It was all right, a little far-fetched, but it was good to see hoodies getting what they deserve. Kids these days, no bloody respect.

Don't usually go out to movies anymore, but I had two opportunities last week. Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief was a movie that I hadn't heard of until we went to go see it; nothing special here, standard adventure film with a disappointing ending, but the pacing was the best that I've seen in ages. Then I went to see my first IMAX 3D film, Alice in Wonderland, and it only further proved to me that 3D is a waste of their time and my money. More or less, it was only used effectively in the previews prior to the film. Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat makes it worth seeing in regular D, if you're a fan of the whole Wonderland thing.

I'd buy both for $5-10 on DVD, but neither were really full-price ventures for me.

I watched Harry Brown last night. It was all right, a little far-fetched, but it was good to see hoodies getting what they deserve. Kids these days, no bloody respect.

For buffs, the BARGE pub in the film is the RISING SUN, Harper Road (off New Kent Road). Close to the Elephant and Castle tube/train stations. A candidate for the next Deathcon in London?? :sicktherm:

We saw Piranha yesterday, and it was shit, unless you like tits.

Do you mean tits as in boobs, or tits as in annoying fuckers?

Do you mean tits as in boobs, or tits as in annoying fuckers?

Both actually, but mostly boobs. I obviously missed the bit in the advertising where they tell you it's a complete rip-off of Jaws, but in a less funny way. And I won't give away the ending, lest you are foolish enough to go and see it, but suffice to say, there will be a Piranha 2......God help us.

If anyone saw me coming out of the Vue Cinema in floods of tears last night- I apologise.

It was the pepper sauce on my hotdog. Not watching Toy Story 3 that caused it.... ;):closedeyes:

If anyone saw me coming out of the Vue Cinema in floods of tears last night- I apologise.

It was the pepper sauce on my hotdog. Not watching Toy Story 3 that caused it.... ;):closedeyes:

LOL. I got some salt from my popcorn in my eye when I adjusted my 3D glasses.

LOL. I got some salt from my popcorn in my eye when I adjusted my 3D glasses.

I know a man who once got Deep Heat on his bell-end.

Deep Heat. Poor sod.

As a gay man I can confirm that mint shower gel will not subsitute as a lubracant.

My other half still winces when I mention it..........

Now Crisp and Dry. Thats a whole other thread. ;)

Deep Heat. Poor sod.

As a gay man I can confirm that mint shower gel will not subsitute as a lubracant.

Poor sod my arse. I'm the one that has to shag him :closedeyes:

Deep Heat. Poor sod.

LOL Crisp n' Dry-surely you'd be smelling like a chip shop for days!! :closedeyes:

Deep Heat. Poor sod.

I'm not completely sure which smiley to pick here... Decided to go for this one: :closedeyes: .

Surely, this post is one for the Tasteless Top Ten?

Deep Heat. Poor sod.

LOL Crisp n' Dry-surely you'd be smelling like a chip shop for days!! :closedeyes:

Battered sausage...

Deep Heat. Poor sod.

Battered sausage...

'Battered sausage'-now why didn't I think of that!XD

Not a film but a fine bit of telly: I didn't catch it when first screened on BBC4, but Twitchers: A very British Obsession (UK link only) mentioned in today's Telegraph is a superb study of nutters human behaviour. Lee Evans, top twitcher, megalomaniac and self-appointed arbiter of other twitchers has to be seen to be believed. "I'm a very strange person,I accept that," he says. Garry Bagnell (the man with the world's worst web site), meanwhile, cravenly sucks up to Evans, hoping one day to be accepted in to the inner sanctum of "premiership" twitchers with over 500 species on the Life List. Unbloodybelievable. Worth the watch.

Not a film but a fine bit of telly: I didn't catch it when first screened on BBC4, but Twitchers: A very British Obsession (UK link only) mentioned in today's Telegraph is a superb study of nutters human behaviour. Lee Evans, top twitcher, megalomaniac and self-appointed arbiter of other twitchers has to be seen to be believed. "I'm a very strange person,I accept that," he says. Garry Bagnell, meanwhile, cravenly sucks up to Evans, hoping one day to be accepted in to the inner sanctum of "premiership" twitchers with over 500 species on the Life List. Unbloodybelievable. Worth the watch.

Come to think of it, when you look at birdwatchers internationally there do seem to have been quite a few untimely deaths. Could be rich pickings, but probably low in obits.

Myself and The Voice of Young Maryport availed ourselves of the high quality social commentary that is Jackass 3D on Monday. Suffice it to say the sight of turds flying through the auditorium and sweat turned into a delicious cocktail brought us much merriment.

Highly recommended.

Myself and The Voice of Young Maryport availed ourselves of the high quality social commentary that is Jackass 3D on Monday. Suffice it to say the sight of turds flying through the auditorium and sweat turned into a delicious cocktail brought us much merriment.

Highly recommended.

I'm ITCHING to see this! I love Jackass! I remember going to see the first one with a heavily pregnant friend and we absolutely PISSED ourselves all the way through. I will have to wait for the latest one to come out on DVD, as the current lucky man in my life doesn't find drinking horse spunk funny. Don't know why :lol:

Just seen the King's Speech - brilliant film, must be an Oscar contender. I predict it will get the BAFTA for best film but that it will be beaten to best film in the Oscars by The Social Network because the Americans stick to their own when they have a half decent film which that is. But Colin Firth will win the Oscar for best actor. Geoffrey Rush deserves best supporting actor too and might get the BAFTA but the Oscar there is more likely to go to Christian Bale in the Fighter although haven't seen that yet. I hope Bale doesn't get it after exposing himself as a shit in that outburst that's still out there on the internet. There's a link to it somewhere on the DL but it's easy enough to find if anyone is yet to be convinced that Bale is a grade a twat.

Helena Bonham Carter is also good in the KS. She has to get an Oscar sooner or later.

I've been looking on the Internet for some archive recording of George VI's earliest speeches, particularly the one at Wembley in 1925 but can't find it. The BBC has surprisingly little but lots on Edward VIII. If anybody finds the Wembley speech I'd be glad of a link. I was just curious to know how bad his stammer was in the early days. The film suggests it had something to do with being left-handed and forced to be right-handed, and generally having a miserable childhood.