Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

Mrs MPFC and myself rented 127 Hours last weekend, imagine our disappointment when - despite the lavish promise of the front cover - the whole thing ended after barely 90 minutes. It had some gripping moments but was only half as gripping by the end.

I went to see 19001, which isn't 100 years long, but it's length (317 minutes) makes it quite a feat to complete. For the spectator, that is.

1Not quite recently. Must've been 20 years ago.

regards,

Hein

Mrs MPFC and myself rented 127 Hours last weekend, imagine our disappointment when - despite the lavish promise of the front cover - the whole thing ended after barely 90 minutes. It had some gripping moments but was only half as gripping by the end.

I went to see 19001, which isn't 100 years long, but it's length (317 minutes) makes it quite a feat to complete. For the spectator, that is.

1Not quite recently. Must've been 20 years ago.

regards,

Hein

That film has quite an impressive cast though!

Out of intense boredom ("between work" periods of one's life are never the most action-packed times), I watched the 2009 documentary Facing Ali the other night. Fascinating film, and of some interest to deadpoolers being as of the ten figures interviewed about their fight with Cassius Clay, two have since carked it (Frazier and Cooper) and pretty much five of the other eight sound like they're going to drop dead at any moment. Great film for boxing fans and it doesn't shirk away from the fact that Ali was a fucking dickhead throughout a lot of the 60s and he got more than his fair share of questionable decisions.

Don't look now 1973 movie!! Never heard of this movie before but always remember a classmate telling me the scariest movie he ever saw was about a girl in a red dress haunting London and her parents being haunted by her death and i could never find the movie . Turns out the red dress was a coat and it wasn't in London but Venice . He was right on one thing though it was really scary perfect for a dark winter night.

Just seen

. Not at all bad. Best bit is her tee shirt that says: "Fuck you, you fucking fuck." I want that tee-shirt.

Watched a movie called absentia bit of an indie movie , not big budget but a very good movie and unique story nonetheless. check it out if your looking for a good horror movie late at night without hollywood cliche's.

Twelve monkeys and con air been meaning to watch both of these for a while now. wow both amazing films !! con air is more for mindless action and some of the plot has holes but that can be forgiven for the action . twelve monkeys story is amazing though really don't know why i didn't see it sooner. Both definitely worth a watch .

S'cuse the blatant thread misuse here but...

Radio show I'm currently loving on iPlayer is the most recent Freakier Zone. Along with the usual weirdness there is a feature - starting around 10 mins in - in which Johnny Trunk presents seven celebrity records and challenges Stuart Maconie to guess the responsible celebs. Particularly enjoyed the comedy track about the dangers of nuclear weapons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b00rwkjd

Just seen

. Not at all bad. Best bit is her tee shirt that says: "Fuck you, you fucking fuck." I want that tee-shirt.

I used to have that tee, or one bearing that exact same quote anyway.

Just seen Cockfighter with Warren Oates, honestly couldn't really see what all the fuss was about (meaning the movies cult reputation, I found the scenes of actual cockfighting pretty shocking). The version I saw was a dated, fairly poor quality transfer, probably didn't help

Twelve monkeys and con air been meaning to watch both of these for a while now. wow both amazing films !! con air is more for mindless action and some of the plot has holes but that can be forgiven for the action . twelve monkeys story is amazing though really don't know why i didn't see it sooner. Both definitely worth a watch .

After Chris Marker's death the other day, you should really go and watch his film La Jetee, upon which Twelve Monkeys was based.

• Like 1

The Voice of Young Maryport and I will shortly be enjoying the puerile onslaught of Ted, his mother much prefers the option of a light lunch and chinwag with her mates from the ballet class.

I'll let you know who has the better time!

So; Ted, gloriously puerile in places, packed with more irony and political incorrectness than most American comedies and - occasionally - touching on something slightly surreal/satirical and positively Pythonesque. We both rated it and thought it way better than our expectations.

So; Ted, gloriously puerile in places, packed with more irony and political incorrectness than most American comedies and - occasionally - touching on something slightly surreal/satirical and positively Pythonesque. We both rated it and thought it way better than our expectations.

I guess that beats a light lunch and chinwag with mates from the ballet class.

regards,

Hein

I guess that beats a light lunch and chinwag with mates from the ballet class.

regards,

Hein

Depends, Mrs MPFC would have hated some scenes in Ted, deffo one for the young 'un and me.

After Chris Marker's death the other day, you should really go and watch his film La Jetee, upon which Twelve Monkeys was based.

Cheers man i will put it on my to watch list. Never knew twelve monkeys was based off anything.

Cheers man i will put it on my to watch list. Never knew twelve monkeys was based off anything.

It is only a short film and consists almost entirely of still photographs. It is enthralling none the less.

Got round to The Dark Knight Rises today and felt rather underwhelmed. Plot was essentially a rehash of the first, mostly predictable and basically just retread the same ground and concepts as the previous two. Plus Tom Hardy's Bane isn't a patch on Heath Ledger, a real missed opportunity (anyone who saw Hardy in Bronson should surely concur). I'm not sure they could have topped the previous two really, pretty much outdid themselves.

Got round to The Dark Knight Rises today and felt rather underwhelmed. Plot was essentially a rehash of the first, mostly predictable and basically just retread the same ground and concepts as the previous two. Plus Tom Hardy's Bane isn't a patch on Heath Ledger, a real missed opportunity (anyone who saw Hardy in Bronson should surely concur). I'm not sure they could have topped the previous two really, pretty much outdid themselves.

Hardy is also to be the new Mad Max, which is a worry. Indeed, a new Mad Max film at all, is a worry.

Hardy is also to be the new Mad Max, which is a worry. Indeed, a new Mad Max film at all, is a worry.

He does have the talent to pull it off, just with Bane he wasnt really given much to work with. Got mixed feelings about the new Mad Max, believe George Miller is at the helm, hopefully wont be another Die Hard 4.0 or Terminator Salvation, and with any luck be an improvement on Beyond Thunderdome, though no way it'll be as hard-hitting as the first 2

A lot of it I found really funny, especially the prolonged fight scene. But I thought it really could have done with a better storyline, rather than just a variant on the old 'guy must choose between best mate and bird' scenario. Also thought it was not quite and crude and un-PC as I was expecting/hoping, like they were pulling their punches slightly (a bit like the Simpsons movie)

New movies, well a large percentage of them, totally suck big hairy monkey balls.

Stick to the classics. Just this week I watched "one of our dinosaurs is missing", "serial mom", "whatever happened to baby jane" and "all about eve".

Make them more fun and everytime a character is introduced who is played by a very famous dead actor/actress you take a shot.......all about eve was lots of fun with that game lol

New movies, well a large percentage of them, totally suck big hairy monkey balls.

In the case of Hollywood that is largely true, you need to cast your net further

• Like 1

In the case of Hollywood that is largely true, you need to cast your net further

I'm a massive fan of asian cinema . The new wave era of asian movies from 1998 - 2004 south korea and japan were putting out classic movie after classic movie . Even today there are quite a huge chunk of great movies being released though not as many .