Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

I'd be interested to hear what you think Mary, it appears that some are up in arms because rich and famous Cohen is 'taking the piss' out of Northerners. I think they're missing the point of the film (although I can't really tell you what I think the point is until you've seen it). I'd welcome intelligent conversation with you once you've seen it.

Hmm, that might have to wait. Young Maryport put the date of his visit back a week, which might do for our chances of seeing it at the cinema. Contented myself by catching up with Bad Grandpa last night; some agreeable scatalogical humour to be had there.

Wow, it's kismet, as I just watched Bad Grandpa 3 days ago for the first time. However --- I must declare that for me I'm angry with the movie's producers for not being able to give me back that 90 minutes of my life. Just didn't work for me at all.

SC

I'd be interested to hear what you think Mary, it appears that some are up in arms because rich and famous Cohen is 'taking the piss' out of Northerners. I think they're missing the point of the film (although I can't really tell you what I think the point is until you've seen it). I'd welcome intelligent conversation with you once you've seen it.

Hmm, that might have to wait. Young Maryport put the date of his visit back a week, which might do for our chances of seeing it at the cinema. Contented myself by catching up with Bad Grandpa last night; some agreeable scatalogical humour to be had there.

Wow, it's kismet, as I just watched Bad Grandpa 3 days ago for the first time. However --- I must declare that for me I'm angry with the movie's producers for not being able to give me back that 90 minutes of my life. Just didn't work for me at all.

SC

Truly no accounting for taste, eh? I'd have to say that no amount of education or imbibing of high-brow culture has lessened my love of the basest humour handled with decent timing. Even the more sedate and deeply caring Mrs MPFC howled with laughter at a couple of scenes.

Disgusted that anyone would compare the mighty Kunt and the Gang to a shoddy poshboy knob-gag merchant like Sasha BC.

• Like 1

SC

Truly no accounting for taste, eh? I'd have to say that no amount of education or imbibing of high-brow culture has lessened my love of the basest humour handled with decent timing. Even the more sedate and deeply caring Mrs MPFC howled with laughter at a couple of scenes.

Finally saw Grimsby with the Voice of Young Maryport today. Full of shameless puerile gags and some hitherto unmined twists on gross-out sex comedy. Needless to say we both loved it.

• Like 2

Just got home from seeing Deadpool with my daughter. Gratuitous violence for sure and VERY funny (campy); a must see if that is your thing.

Just got home from seeing Deadpool with my daughter. Gratuitous violence for sure and VERY funny (campy); a must see if that is your thing.

Saw it today. Excellent film that doesn't take itself in any way seriously. Plus he gets his name (literally) from our very fine hobby. Highly recommended if you can find somewhere that's still showing it.

Guest Droosy

As of late I´ve been re-watching South Park (first 10 series). As a kid, I used to watch it for the dirty language and flatulent jokes, but now I watch it for the satire and the crude and very realistic depiction of society. And as a bonus it´s immensely funny, much better than the Simpsons or the Family Guy which take a year to be made yet their jokes often fall completely flat

Pleasant romantic evening out with Mrs MPFC ended with the Eddie the Eagle movie; engaging tosh with the same feel good vibe as Cool Runnings and about as much relation to the truth as that one.

6/10 or thereabouts

• Like 1

Few months ago watched Jeff Nichols' "Shotgun Stories" and I reckon it's one of my favorite movies.

Today I watched a second movie from Nichols, "Mud", and was also impressed.

Dude's young and ain't made many movies yet. But he's going to make a hell of a lot of blockbusters judging by these 2 movies.

Myself and Mrs MPFC watched Inside Out on video and thought it utter sentimental shite.

Just thought I'd share that with the group.

Also recently binge-watched the 2010 detective drama The Silence (plot revolves around a deaf girl who witnesses a murder) really enjoyed that, reassuringly dark and twisted.

Myself and Mrs MPFC and I watched Inside Out on video and thought it utter sentimental shite.

Also recently binge-watched the 2010 detective drama The Silence (plot revolves around a deaf girl who witnesses a murder) really enjoyed that, reassuringly dark and twisted.

FTFY before Toastie saw it!

• Like 2

Myself and Mrs MPFC and I watched Inside Out on video and thought it utter sentimental shite.

FTFY before Toastie saw it!

Thank you, Time.

facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm shocked. Shocked and disappointed.

MPFC, you've let me down, you've let Mrs MPFC down, you've let the whole school down and above all you've let yourself down.

• Like 4

Just wait for the much anticipated Quantick, about how a young copy editor became David Quantick and won a bunch of derby deadpools. I haven't heard any casting yet, but I have heard twitter is awash with people demanding the casting directors know their priviledges anyhow.

• Like 1

Saw Dracula Untold with the hellspawn on Netflix. Utter garbage. It was untold for a reason. Vlad the Impaler was really a family man at heart and he stuck people on long poles just to avoid having to do it to lots of other people. And he became a vampire to save said family but er... didn't. Howard Stark played a Turkish sultan with an accent he picked up from an East London kebab shop. Kept expecting Jarvis to turn up and tell him it was just a dream. Christopher Lee would be spinning in his grave, if the stake the didn't keep getting the way.

• Like 3

It's half term. My ideas of amusing things to do with the hellspawn consist of whisky tasting and watching movies. The former doesn't work for the 13 yo whcih means today is a visit to the local world of cine - whcih in my book constitutes a day trip. Doctor Strange review to follow later .......

Last film I saw was Endless Night (1972). Remarkably faithful, for a 1970s film, to the Agatha Christie originally... right up to the point where Britt Ekland suddenly loses all her clothes.

Christie herself actually saw this film, I wish I'd been in the room for that!

Saw Dracula Untold with the hellspawn on Netflix. Utter garbage. It was untold for a reason. Vlad the Impaler was really a family man at heart and he stuck people on long poles just to avoid having to do it to lots of other people. And he became a vampire to save said family but er... didn't. Howard Stark played a Turkish sultan with an accent he picked up from an East London kebab shop. Kept expecting Jarvis to turn up and tell him it was just a dream. Christopher Lee would be spinning in his grave, if the stake the didn't keep getting the way.

start a YouTube channel and become the next nostalgia critic. I honestly laughed very hard at your post.
  • Like 2

start a YouTube channel and become the next nostalgia critic. I honestly laughed very hard at your post.

If only I knew how to.

Dr Strange. If you're in the Marvel Universe and your name is Stephen Strange well what do you expect. And the film makers know that as well. Lots of self-referential humour and genre fun-poking. On the positives it was under two hours which is unusual for the franchise and at no point did I expect Watson to turn up. The negatives, it was a bit Tony Stark learns magic, crossed with Harry Potter meets Inception, on the originality front. However, if you like this sort of thing (and I must admit I do) you'll like this. The Marvel Universe rumbles on (Stan the Man still looks good) as the obligatory after credits scene outlines, and will now take Strange turns.

No bull

I, Daniel Blake is harrowing and grimly funny by turns - one or two moments might just be a little overdone but it's as good a film as I've seen in years.

• Like 1

Do links work? I want to see this film.

if you replace that old man with a handsome young man with chiseled ads and this movie is exactly like the time me and spade Cooley met.