Crispy

Ronnie Biggs

Yeah but:

his request to be released has been refused by the Ministry of Justice.

Fergus Shanahan in today's Sun newspaper is openly advocating we spring Biggs, if anyone can get him out, it's The Sun. Can't see the paper taking this on as a major campaign, mind.

Fergus Shanahan in today's Sun newspaper is openly advocating we spring Biggs, if anyone can get him out, it's The Sun. Can't see the paper taking this on as a major campaign, mind.

I've always been puzzled by the currant bun's attitude towards him. It was Biggs who allegedlly 'coshed' the driver of the train. Yet he's celebrated as this scallywag. What happened to all the 'hang 'em/ flog 'em garbage we get from them?

What happened to all the 'hang 'em/ flog 'em garbage we get from them?

Was in fine form last week when they were calling for the death penalty to come back. I think you might be reading too much in here, Fergus Shanahan is a columnist, not the main editor.

What happened to all the 'hang 'em/ flog 'em garbage we get from them?

Was in fine form last week when they were calling for the death penalty to come back. I think you might be reading too much in here, Fergus Shanahan is a columnist, not the main editor.

They speak with one voice, they speak with all, or they did in Murdoch's time anyway. What is the lead singer the Undertones doing calling for Ronnie Biggs' release? :P:devil:

I'm with the Sun columnist on this. Biggs has done enough time for what he did. Sure he was a criminal. I don't subscribe to the scallywag idea. But when you look at this crime against some of the stuff that's happening today or the stuff that IRA men did who were subsequently release, I think justice has been served. Not that I would campaign for his release, or shed any tears for him. I just think he's done enough and allowing him to spend what little time he has left in a rest home (cheaper on the taxpayers) wouldn't be the end of the world. He's no Ian Brady

I'm with the Sun columnist on this. Biggs has done enough time for what he did. Sure he was a criminal. I don't subscribe to the scallywag idea. But when you look at this crime against some of the stuff that's happening today or the stuff that IRA men did who were subsequently release, I think justice has been served. Not that I would campaign for his release, or shed any tears for him. I just think he's done enough and allowing him to spend what little time he has left in a rest home (cheaper on the taxpayers) wouldn't be the end of the world. He's no Ian Brady

He resides in a prison in Norwich, so it's much the same thing. Probably... :P

I had him on some deadpools in 2007, he's already done TOO MUCH f*****g TIME for my liking.

Guest Kevin

He resides in a prison in Norwich, so it's much the same thing. Probably... :)

It wasn't just IRA men that were released due to the Good Friday Agreement, Loyalist prisoners were also released.

He resides in a prison in Norwich, so it's much the same thing. Probably... :)

It wasn't just IRA men that were released due to the Good Friday Agreement, Loyalist prisoners were also released.

Thanks for reminding me Kevin. I appreciate that as well as the murdering Fenian bastards Republican freedom fighters, there were also the ruthless Proddy butchers Ulster freedom fighters, heroes all. Apologies.

Release Biggs for Christmas

GREAT Train Robber Ronnie Biggs should be freed from prison by Christmas, his lawyers said yesterday.

They claimed ailing Biggs, 78, was entitled to parole by Christmas Day as he would then have served a third of his 30-year sentence.

His lawyer Giovanni Di Stefano has written to the Parole Board requesting his release.

Biggs, who is in Norwich Jail, has had several previous appeals on health grounds refused.

Guest Scot
Geoff's father did not rob a train, killing one man in the process. Nor did he escape justice in the 1960s only to come back 40 years later looking for someone to foot his medical bills.

I'm not David Gest, I'm David Ewan Smart and you've heard from me and my twin brother Scot before. Geoff - see how you feel when it's your dad that's dying. Bet you'll be singintg a different tune then. Abu Hamza will be out in less than three years while poor old Ron's gonna pass on in a squalid prison hospital ward.That's why there's no justice.

Guest Scot
Biggs will be in jail until 2010, but his lawyer says he'll be dead in a few months.

Believe what you will. I like mixing hope and skepticism personally.

Newcastle and Sunderland skipper Bobby Moncur's copped it. That's another one in the can. He had a heart attack last week after fighting cancer.

Biggs will be in jail until 2010, but his lawyer says he'll be dead in a few months.

Newcastle and Sunderland skipper Bobby Moncur's copped it. That's another one in the can. He had a heart attack last week after fighting cancer.

Bobby Moncur's not dead either, dickwad, why don't you f**k off and play with the traffic? Ooo I'm in a mood.

Bobby Moncur's not dead either, dickwad, why don't you f**k off and play with the traffic? Ooo I'm in a mood.

And people think that I rant!!!

Is this just another example of the British "Justice" system exacting their pound of flesh?

Terrorists free to walk the streets, a self confessed dangerous sex offender released, despite psychiatric reports saying he will probably reoffend and an elderly, on his last legs, lag who probably did no more than shift the sacks into the getaway cars, kept inside, half dead and will probably die before his release.

Makes perfect sense.

Good. At last they've come to their senses and agreed. I mean what sort of threat can he be to anyone?

I think it has more to do with justice. He is responsible for the death of another man and has not served his time for that.

Is this just another example of the British "Justice" system exacting their pound of flesh?

Terrorists free to walk the streets, a self confessed dangerous sex offender released, despite psychiatric reports saying he will probably reoffend and an elderly, on his last legs, lag who probably did no more than shift the sacks into the getaway cars, kept inside, half dead and will probably die before his release.

Makes perfect sense.

Don;t forget the old lag spent years in Brazil mocking England and it's justice system, this the UK getting it's, he only came back fro bit of free healthcare and he can get that in jail just as easily as he can outside, plus where is he supposed to go if they let him out? Not exactly got a nice semi in the suburbs to go home too has he?

Makes perfect sense.

Don;t forget the old lag spent years in Brazil mocking England and it's justice system, this the UK getting it's, he only came back fro bit of free healthcare and he can get that in jail just as easily as he can outside, plus where is he supposed to go if they let him out? Not exactly got a nice semi in the suburbs to go home too has he?

He lives in Norwich, that's punishment enough....:blink:

Good. At last they've come to their senses and agreed. I mean what sort of threat can he be to anyone?

Well, he might do another terrible single with the remaining Sex Pistols. Keep him banged up, if you have an atom of musical taste.