Crispy

Ronnie Biggs

Find it unbelievable that we've awarded him a state pension - surely he didn't keep up his National Insurance contributions during his years in sunny Rio. My mum worked all her life and gets nothing bcause she only paid married women's stamp. Disgraceful!

Anybody see him on the TV tonight?

He was taken on a 3 hr journey to his new home.

They carried him out the back of said Ambulance on a stretcher and, to keep prying cameras off of him, they had him completely covered, head to toe, in a white sheet.

I considered that this was a bit previous as he wasnt actually dead.

Then again it could have been wishful thinking on the part of the Ambulance drivers, MPFC and TMIB.

Biggs is still "very weak" and cannot swallow.

Not such a problem now he's outta jail though, is it. I mean, he's nobody's bitch now.

Has Ronnie Biggs pulled another fast one?

Great train robber Ronnie Biggs grins as he enjoys a day out with his son just weeks after he was freed from prison while seriously ill.

The convicted robber, released on compassionate grounds last month to live in a care home, was not expected to survive pneumonia.

But on Saturday he was all smiles as he went for a spin on his mobility scooter, prompting fury from campaigners who say he should never have been freed.

ronnie-biggs-on-scooter-163508993.jpg

Has Ronnie Biggs pulled another fast one?

Great train robber Ronnie Biggs grins as he enjoys a day out with his son just weeks after he was freed from prison while seriously ill.

The convicted robber, released on compassionate grounds last month to live in a care home, was not expected to survive pneumonia.

But on Saturday he was all smiles as he went for a spin on his mobility scooter, prompting fury from campaigners who say he should never have been freed.

ronnie-biggs-on-scooter-163508993.jpg

I was asking just now if anyone famous should be a guest @ DL Con III. I think this photo shows our prime target!

Either that or a job advert for a get-away driver.

Now Biggs is well enough to go to a football match

Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs won his freedom after doctors said he was so ill he had only weeks to live

But today the pensioner is feeling so much better he is planning a trip to see his beloved Arsenal play in the Premier League.

He has told friends he wants to watch a live game before he dies, following a slow but steady recovery from his life-threatening bout of pneumonia and MRSA.

Biggs, who was freed from prison on compassionate grounds by Justice Secretary Jack Straw in August, has begun putting on weight and has grown noticeably stronger in recent weeks, according to friends.

Confounding medical evidence that he was “unlikely” to recover from the pneumonia he picked up in Norwich prison, the train robber is now moving better and able to travel outdoors.

Next, we'll hear that Al-Megrahi will be running a marathon.... :)

Next, we'll hear that Al-Megrahi will be running a marathon.... :)

Or Fidel Castro Recreating the Singing in the Rain Dance, or Oscar Neimeir Entering a Javalin Contest, or Billy Graham Riding a Motorbike

Next, we'll hear that Al-Megrahi will be running a marathon.... :blink:

Or Fidel Castro Recreating the Singing in the Rain Dance, or Oscar Neimeir Entering a Javalin Contest, or Billy Graham Riding a Motorbike

Well you spelt Run Run Shaw correctly ..

Over this passed year many big time deaths have gone down. We've had cancer take it's toll, a very publicized crucifixion cancer battle of some disgusting Reality TV queen who is a nobody in the US, death by self bondage allegedly, a mid-June thriller, a few sudden assassinations, suicides out of the blue, a politician here and an actor there, a few Kennedy's, the deaths of the primed and the forgotten and arguably the very best too.

But out of all these happenings which have taken course I'm happy to hear that Ronnie Biggs has escaped death from a prison cell. His release had been on the verge for some time and after being a victim of example for longer than anybody should have to be ..

I hope he has that beer or two by the seaside. :) The greatest tease in DL history: Possibly even surpassing Castro. A very bold individual thinks he'll live beyond next year and even beyond that too. And for the dozens who think Ronnie Biggs is going down - I say think again.

Edited by Banshees Scream

Is he really going to die this year? Seriously? Give me a percentage chance? I haven't heard a damn thing about him in 2 months.

Is he really going to die this year? Seriously? Give me a percentage chance? I haven't heard a damn thing about him in 2 months.

Last seen practising for the octogenarian olympics.

Jesus Christ. He's taking the whatsit. Can't we lock him back up again? That goes for the Lockerbie Bomber too.

Guest justranting

In fall he hoped to make it until christmas. Now it is mid March! Any more news since he was released last year? For all we know he could be on his way back to "normal", just like the Lockerbie guy... I had him set as the first to go off the list in 2010. Now I am starting to think he might make it into 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest David
Geoff's father did not rob a train, killing one man in the process. Nor did he escape justice in the 1960s only to come back 40 years later looking for someone to foot his medical bills.

We don't know which one of the gang nutted the driver - but it wasn't that that killed him - so it couldn't be murder.

Guest akku

You people are really in a slump, only two people dead. And you even decided to play it "safe" by putting all these old people on the list. :unsure:

You people are really in a slump, only two people dead. And you even decided to play it "safe" by putting all these old people on the list. :unsure:

And you predicted Norman Wisdom would die in 2009. What's your point?

Guest Guest

And you predicted Norman Wisdom would die in 2009. What's your point?

Don't think I did, I've posted maybe three messages here and haven't taken any part in your deathy hoolabaloo.

I just thought it was funny that only two your candidates have perished in a relatively long time. :angel2:

Not THAT promising, mind.

He's 'complaining' of chest pains, so that whole schtick about being unable to speak looks like hogwash. I'm guessing his alleged reliance on a Speak and Spell stylee communication device would be compromised by full on heart attack stylee pains, so to get that much information out he must have been talking.

Guest figgy

word has it he might not last the night

Guest figgy

nothing on news.....heard that from a person works in barnet...saying that he will probably rally up and down for a few days before he falls of the perch