Godot

Rugby Players

6 hours ago, msc said:

"After the bad news of yesterday and feeling like shite, faceing the news and the worst and best case sinario. so i have a timeline to get my house in order. After the initial tears with the family, i am feeling surprising positive no more time for tears, just time to get on with the battle for as long as i can maintain my strength NO FEAR."

Am going to read between the lines and guess that op didn't work.

Sounds like weeks more than months to me.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39445811 :Paul van Zandvliet honored by the rugby association by the Beeb so looks like he ight get a BBC obit when he goes.According to his facebook page he is now bed bound and incontinent. :pop:

this the first time ive posted a negative as ave had nothing but love during my illness........but id thought id like to share this experiance.......well it goes like tthis we have all have the trots at the moment and am obviously counfined too bed.......so i got a one second waroning before the explosion so my monitor fell off the bed so as id just dumped in the bed.....i was screaming at the top of my voice ffor about half an hour............just to get some attentioin people know my condition, iam fuckking dying.......so why make a coplaint and send a very ambarresed official too my home. or they gelouse too the visiters to my home, but i wish them nothing but good. hahaha you would shout if you shat ur bed....haha it was a massive one haha night night teamvanzan xxxx

David Perry, England international player from 1963 to 1966, and England Captain at the 1965 Five Nations Championship, has died aged 79.

On 11/03/2017 at 22:26, Heef said:

Long interview with the Meads family here. Sounds like he's doing well in the circumstances.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11816620

The latest on Colin Meads is that that Te Kiri Gold Water alternative cancer cure (and you're going to be stunned here) doesn't work.  I know, I was shocked too. Not to worry, he's going to keep taking dilute hypochlorous acid, just in case.

As for White Van Zan (-dvliet? oh suit yourself), he seems confident he'll see a charity match on June 3rd.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

The latest on Colin Meads is that that Te Kiri Gold Water alternative cancer cure (and you're going to be stunned here) doesn't work.  I know, I was shocked too. Not to worry, he's going to keep taking dilute hypochlorous acid, just in case.

As for White Van Zan (-dvliet? oh suit yourself), he seems confident he'll see a charity match on June 3rd.

Fahkin-A, msc, you need to say 'you need to be sitting down' or summat.  That link was near lethal.

SC

• Like 1

23 hours ago, msc said:

As I understand though, it hasn't stopped him taking what seems to be water with a little bit of bleach added. MMMMMM. Bleach. Pass me another $200 bottle, puh-lease.

In other Greats of New Zealand Rugby news, it sounds like Sir Brian Lochore has managed to get through two different bouts of cancer relatively unscathed. I think he's in his mid 70s by now, and I'd been wondering why he'd been out of the limelight for a while.

Big Lions dinner for captains last night. Tom Kiernon at 78 the only absentee, down to ill health...

Article on that statue unveiling next month with lots of text from Colin Meads himself.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11859426

He'll be around at the event next month and says that he's going to be around for a while yet - which can be believed I guess. He'll have another small operation soon to cut some nerves in his stomach.

Still, that event is now described as his "last public appearance" - quite a change from his "I'm going to beat this". He's in a bit of pain right now and it sounds as if it's going downhill from here.

Surviving into the 2nd half of the year is still quite the success, I think.

Surely BBC/Sky sports and/or Mirror?

He fought longer than anyone expected.

Will update the Windy City Deadpool sometime today or tomorrow.

Well, there goes my first sub...

4 hours ago, The Dead Cow said:

BBC obit for Van-Zan.

Quite likely the final 'hit' for Cancel My Appointments this year.  Will need to do better team management next year.

SC

3 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Quite likely the final 'hit' for Cancel My Appointments this year.  Will need to do better team management next year.

SC

Two more hits at least imo: your joker has pancreatic/liver cancer, and the old dude doing the "drinking bleach as a miracle cure for cancer" routine...

And Overton's bound to go at some point - how old is he now? 400?

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Don't be so hard on yourself. Glen Campbell, Rayya Elias, Colin Meads, Richard Arvine Overton, and Nabeel Qureshi are all still good picks.

You're a good deadpooler, SC, you proved that when you picked and jokered Hassan Asif last year. The problem is, you make two major mistakes. #1 is not picking some more popular picks that are likely to die, and #2 is picking too many obit risks. I believe that if you learn from these two mistakes, you'll be a contender for the title in 2018.

• Like 1

I've made some mistakes in my first year of dead pooling. Admitly, had I jokered Mark Sims and put my first two subs, Zandvliet and Bracknell instead of Aspin and Suisala, I might've had a serious shot of the title. That Brady punt is certainly one of my achievements of my first dead pooling though (the other major one is placing in the top 3 in Deathrace next year). I think I will have a bigger shot of winning next year. I think Sir Creep will as well, he's certainly a bright dead pooler, and I think had he made some changes to his team, he could've made it to the 20 easily.

On 5/27/2017 at 09:37, gcreptile said:

Article on that statue unveiling next month with lots of text from Colin Meads himself.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11859426

He'll be around at the event next month and says that he's going to be around for a while yet - which can be believed I guess. He'll have another small operation soon to cut some nerves in his stomach.

Still, that event is now described as his "last public appearance" - quite a change from his "I'm going to beat this". He's in a bit of pain right now and it sounds as if it's going downhill from here.

Surviving into the 2nd half of the year is still quite the success, I think.

The unveiling is tomorrow NZ time, but it's now up in the air whether Sir Col will be well enough to attend.

• Like 1

Oh, and there was me thinking that bleach water would do him the world of good, too.

• Like 1

One of many deadpooling lessons I've learned this year is to never underestimate pancreatic cancer.

Doddie Weir has MND and will be wheelchair bound afore too long apparently...

On 17/06/2017 at 22:27, RadGuy said:

One of many deadpooling lessons I've learned this year is to never underestimate pancreatic cancer.

Your deadpooling clearly predates the Wilko Johnson saga :P

• Like 2