Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

And you didn't have him picked on one of your "Finely Named Fellows" theme teams on various dead pools? What a shame...

Nay problem, they'll just chisel: Well bred Ped's dead.

Nay problem, they'll just chisel: Well bred Ped's dead.

:unsure::lol::lol:

Top gag!!!

Jonathan Witchell BBC journalist. I heard some of his - very good - reports from Sri Lanka on the World Service. Been dead a fortnight and we've all missed it.

Motherwell's captain Phil O'Donnell has collapsed and died during their match against Dundee United.

Early link here. More details to come no doubt.

Phil O'Donnell You Tube tribute. According to the CUFC message board, a post from someone who was there, it was awful. His nephew was one of the first on the scene and by the time they'd started taking him away his wife had also arrived on the pitch. Dad of four, I think.

Ex-BBC DJ Kevin Greening dies aged 44

Well if you'd been moved from the Radio 1 breakfast show to the graveyard slot at Smooth FM how would you feel?

Ex-BBC DJ Kevin Greening dies aged 44

Well if you'd been moved from the Radio 1 breakfast show to the graveyard slot at Smooth FM how would you feel?

I had never heard of Smooth FM until I saw the death announcement

Not sure how recent that radio station is as I left the UK 4 years ago

OK, so there should be a better thread to put this in, but...

My job has died.

A slightly misjudged email and I've been fired. It was apparently "offensive" and hence, I expect I'll learn from the papers that they said they'd post me before they marched me out, "gross misconduct".

It wasn't actually offensive but it simply pissed off my shitty employers [who like to believe that they're not actually my "employers"], but I won't say more because I "need to sleep on things before doing anything" [according to friends] and must get a copy of Suing The Bum Off Employers [After Showing That They Are Your Employers] For Beginners.

Happy New Year, everybody...

My job has died.

A slightly misjudged email and I've been fired. It was apparently "offensive" and hence, I expect I'll learn from the papers that they said they'd post me before they marched me out, "gross misconduct".

It wasn't actually offensive but it simply pissed off my shitty employers [who like to believe that they're not actually my "employers"], but I won't say more because I "need to sleep on things before doing anything" [according to friends] and must get a copy of Suing The Bum Off Employers [After Showing That They Are Your Employers] For Beginners.

I am sorry to hear that Alphonsin. I hope that things will work out for the better.

Regards,

ff

My job has died.

That is distressing news on New Year's eve, Alphonsin, and I'm sorry to hear it.

Here's hoping it turns out to be a blessing in disguise as these things often do.

Hey Alph,

Don't let this ruin your holiday. Look on the bright side of everything and say 'now I'm unemployed' for a short time I can splurge in enjoyable activities which I couldn't possibly have been active in if I were still employed.

Now you get to have a fresh start somewhere else and you must accept that not everybody thinks along the same levels as you nor are they patient or intellectual enough to see a situation as it really is. Misunderstandings have played a role in my life and everybody will come to a point where they have to deal with misunderstandings. It's unfortunate but look at what you gain instead of what you lose. Look for where you can claim a new job while you are having fun. Take advantage of this unfortunate outcome and make it fortunate.

Life is to short to let issues like this take a toll. If it makes you feel any better send them a New Years f**k you card. I actually don't know if that is the answer but .. at least it's a form of revenge. My advice is golden if you can financially handle being unemployed for a month or so.

My job has died.

You and "offensive" just dont go together.

You are a lovely fella.

Take the b'stards to the cleaners ;)

Best wishes

LFN.

My job has died.

Very sorry to hear that Alphonsin, I hope there are better things round the corner for you.

My job has died.

Sorry to see that Alphonsin, don't you have a shop steward?

My job has died.

Sorry to hear that Alphonsin, here's hoping you get a better job in 2008.. :banghead:

My job has died.

Sorry to hear that Alphonsin, here's hoping you get a better job in 2008.. :banghead:

Jobs are for cissies. Take 'em to the cleaners then use the dosh to work on your own terms.

Fred Chichin from Les Rita Mitsouko - this is the best link I could find, no doubt there may be a few more kicking about in the not too distant future

Sorry to drag this one up again, only just found out who he actually was.

Not too sure about this one, but I think he's the guitar player.

There's a rumour that Verity Lambert is dead. No more details yet though.

It has been confirmed by the editor of DWM on Outpost Gallifrey though nothing on the BBC website as yet.

Very sad news though, and on the 44th anniversary of the first Doctor Who broadcast as well. A true pioneer in television, she'll be much missed.

RIP Verity :P

BBC FOUR is showing a Verity Lambert tribute night on April 5th. This isn't the right thread (Dr Who? Deadio Times?) for this info, but being a dunce I don't know how to transfer it. I suspect a moderator does, though.

There's a rumour that Verity Lambert is dead. No more details yet though.

It has been confirmed by the editor of DWM on Outpost Gallifrey though nothing on the BBC website as yet.

Very sad news though, and on the 44th anniversary of the first Doctor Who broadcast as well. A true pioneer in television, she'll be much missed.

RIP Verity :P

BBC FOUR is showing a Verity Lambert tribute night on April 5th. This isn't the right thread (Dr Who? Deadio Times?) for this info, but being a dunce I don't know how to transfer it. I suspect a moderator does, though.

Well, she died last year, so your'e on the right lines. Hmmm, I wonder if this is coinciding with the new series?