Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Mexican trumpeter Jose Luis Aquino has been found murdered.

He is believed to be the 3rd Mexican musician to be killed within the space of a week.

Why they couldn't do something productive and kill of Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse is beyond me

Aren't they doing a good enough job by themselves, anyway?

Guest Billy Shears
German composer Karlheinz Stockhausen is now decomposing at the age of 79

That just leaves Dylan, Dion, Shirley Temple, Tony Curtis and Bobby Breen. Oh, and any two Beatles.

German composer Karlheinz Stockhausen is now decomposing at the age of 79

You know, I thought about him the other night as a possible for DDP 2008..

One of the most influential musicians of the late 20th Century... :(

Didn't pass by earlier to mention it 'cos I thought somebody else would notice, but poker legend Chip Reese has died. He probably won more money at cards than anybody else in history.

Rafael Sperafico, Brazilian racing driver has been killed in one of 2007's last races - the Sao Paulo GP Touring Car race. Sperafico was one of four lads from the same family (cousins) that raced - Alexandre was in CART & Rodrigo & Ricardo in F3000.

I well remember Rafael as an up & coming driver in F3, so this is a terrible shame. :(

Blues guitarist Jerry Ricks has died.

Woah, I woke up this morning... and found I was dead.

Yeeeah, I woke up this morning... and found I was dead.

And you know it really isn't such a good thi-i-i-i-ing...

To wake up one morning... and find that you're dead.

Poet, writer and suspected multiple killer, Jose Luis Calva, 38, has committed suicide in his prison cell. He never got to finish his magnum opus; "Cannibal Instincts"

I couldn't find any mention in earlier posts, but former Tottenham and Southampton goalkeeper John Hollowbread has died at the age of 73

Bad month for the musically inclined. Christie Hennessy; Irish singer with triple platinum disc to his credit. I think the cremation is on December 17, 18 and 19th.

Ike Turner's in his grave.....geddit?

Please yerselves...

Even if only half the rumours about Ike Turner are true, I find it hard to be sorry about his death. Though I do find it funny with the news sources talking about his part in the famed mid-60s Ike & Tina hits produced by Phil Spector ('River Deep, Mountain High' etc.). Apparently, Phil made sure Ike was paid not to play on the records.

Ah, pity poor old dead Ike. One of the genuine originals, played on the first recognised rock and roll singles, a huge star for 3 decades, still playing well up until a couple of years ago, and all he'll be remembered for is the "Sing, or I'll hit you again Bitch!" persona and ridiculous hair from the Tina Turner biopic.

And he never did anything as rank as 'Simply the Best'

Enjoy!

According to Wiki:

However, in his 2001 autobiography Ike admitted, "Sure, I've slapped Tina... There have been times when I punched her to the ground without thinking. But I never beat her."

Well, as long as he never beat her.

According to Wiki:

However, in his 2001 autobiography Ike admitted, "Sure, I've slapped Tina... There have been times when I punched her to the ground without thinking. But I never beat her."

"... at Scrabble", "... at dancing sideways like a crab", maybe the quote was edited?

According to Wiki:

"... at Scrabble", "... at dancing sideways like a crab", maybe the quote was edited?

He also fired Jimi Hendrix from his tour band back in '65. shortly afterwards, Hendrix went to play guitar for Curtis Knight.

According to Wiki:

Considering she based a whole career on living off these unproven allegations, plus a handful of really teeth-grindingly annoying songs, some might say that's the least she deserved.

Valda Aveling the thinking person's answer to Mrs Mills, or summat. Didn't realise she was still alive until I read the obit, when obviously she wasn't still alive, but....you know what I mean. If only she'd been motivated to COME OUT a little when she was alive, we might have been able to keep track of her for deadpooling purposes.

Jim Langley, former Fulham, Leeds & England player, has died, at the age of 79.

He was also an unique pick on the DDP for some loser. :lol:

Looks like it happened on the 13th too... well done...

Jim Langley, former Fulham, Leeds & England player, has died, at the age of 79.

He was also an unique pick on the DDP for some loser. :lol:

Looks like it happened on the 13th too... well done...

That's you in the top 10 OoO. Looks like you're gonna make it after knocking on that door a couple of times!