Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Actress Sigrid Valdis from Hogan's Heroes has died of lung cancer at the age of 72

John Straffen Britain's longest serving prisoner has died at the age of 77

Here's a BBC obit for John Straffen.

He was on my CPDP "Only One Way Out Of Here" theme team. :lol:

John Straffen Britain's longest serving prisoner has died at the age of 77

Here's a BBC obit for John Straffen.

He was on my CPDP "Only One Way Out Of Here" theme team. :)

Well done, I'll get to updating the site soon.

Meanwhile, some idiot missed a good pick for his theme team. Don Metz, a Canadian hockey player of 80, has skated off. :lol:

[Pointless post deleted, as hadn't realised Ian Smith was on the list]

link re-added just for the hell of it :lol:

Edited by heaven can wait

Former publicist for The Rolling Stones, Paul Wasserman has died at the age of 73

Apologies if this has already been posted (but I couldn't see or find it if it has), but Frank Cox, one half of the Cox Twins - who, if I'm being polite "were stalwarts of variety" but in truth, rather annoyingly sh*t, has died.

The twins were last on TV in 2006 in "The History of Light Entertainment". I must admit, they didn't look 85 at the time - about 10-15 years younger.

The man who signed my college diploma had two mentors, one of whom I picked for my CPDP. Naturally of course, the other one died. Reg Park, 79, skin cancer.

There's a rumour that Verity Lambert is dead. No more details yet though.

It has been confirmed by the editor of DWM on Outpost Gallifrey though nothing on the BBC website as yet.

Very sad news though, and on the 44th anniversary of the first Doctor Who broadcast as well. A true pioneer in television, she'll be much missed.

RIP Verity :angry:

It has been confirmed by the editor of DWM on Outpost Gallifrey though nothing on the BBC website as yet.

Very sad news though, and on the 44th anniversary of the first Doctor Who broadcast as well. A true pioneer in television, she'll be much missed.

RIP Verity :angry:

And she died without getting that Damehood she so deserved. I have to say, she was on a programme about Children's TV a few months ago and she looked old and her hair was short and grey with curls.

That's very sad. There's not many Doctor Who producers left: Derrick Sherwin, Barry Letts & Philip Hinchcliffe from the old series.... :lol:

The man who signed my college diploma had two mentors, one of whom I picked for my CPDP. Naturally of course, the other one died. Reg Park, 79, skin cancer.

Oh bollocky, bollocky, bollocks.

Still, at least he might not have been a unique pick judging by CP's post.

I knew he had terminal skin cancer back in May & was amazed it didn't once come up on the DL - he was one of the four "sports stars" unique picks I mentioned that I hoped to name in the 2008 DDP thread. (Yes, I know that is a very loose term but I didn't want to give it away ay all.)

Ah well, at least it will damage my chances of winning, thus lessening the embarrasment of doing well in my own Dead Pool :angry:

MPFC, Bejart was already mentioned by Monoclinic yesterday.

Kevin DuBrow lead vocalist for Quiet Riot has been found dead at the age of 52

William Tallon, never mentioned hereabouts before and - TBH - I'm surprised at the tonnage of obit he's got in the Telegraph. He was a royal servant. Worth noting at least because one or two of their better known members of the household might - therefore - qualify for point scoring obits if picked on deadpools.

He has no Wiki page.

Bernie Banton has lost his cancer fight.

I wonder if he was on anyone's list for 2008 as he was in the final stages of terminal cancer & after a long & well publicised battle re. absestos poisoning?

The only drawback was the publicity was in Australia - not the best for valid obits on DP's...

What about Billy Backdoor, the Queen Mum's page, who used to invite rent boys into Clarence House?

What about Billy Backdoor, the Queen Mum's page, who used to invite rent boys into Clarence House?

The very man lying dead in the post a couple above yours. Quote from linked obit:

Tallon succeeded Walter Taylor as Steward and Page of the Backstairs in 1978, eventually acquiring the tabloid nickname "Backstairs Billy".

Dr. Robert Cade, who invented Gatorade and sparked the multimillion dollar sports drink industry, died Tuesday of kidney failure. He was 80.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071127/ap_on_re_us/obit_cade

Note to self: Gatorade is bad for your kidneys... ;)

Dr. Robert Cade, who invented Gatorade and sparked the multimillion dollar sports drink industry, died Tuesday of kidney failure. He was 80.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071127/ap_on_re_us/obit_cade

Note to self: Gatorade is bad for your kidneys... ;)

Note to self, living 80 years can put some serious mileage on your kidneys, might need a blast of Gatorade to liven up now and again.

Fred Chichin from Les Rita Mitsouko - this is the best link I could find, no doubt there may be a few more kicking about in the not too distant future

Edited by heaven can wait