I'm in Chicago's northern suburbs.

Any posts before July 2015 are for Kraków, Poland, where I lived for 4 years.

I don't know why I'm saying this. In every post on this thread I say something like "in the Chicago area" or "Here in Chicago", so you know where I live anyway. Plus it says on my profile

To be fair, there is one in South Africa. But as you've mentioned the cold, I ruled that one out.

I'm in Chicago's northern suburbs.

Any posts before July 2015 are for Kraków, Poland, where I lived for 4 years.

I don't know why I'm saying this. In every post on this thread I say something like "in the Chicago area" or "Here in Chicago", so you know where I live anyway. Plus it says on my profile

Fair enough - I couldn't be arsed to look at everyone's profile to be honest.

I am in a county adjacent to Lard's.

Well that narrows it down, High St China.

Show us a pic of your fingers Toastie, I reckon I can guess which county by the type of webbing between em. :lol:

Can we just have a show of hands of where everyone is from, as I genuinely am interested in all your weather reports, but it has no real meaning if I don't know where the fuck you're talking about.

I'm in Wiltshire, which for our foreign johnny mates, is South West England. And today it's bright and clear, and I'm freezing my fucking bollocks off.

There was a young lady Lardy of Wilts,

Who walked up to Scotland on stilts;

When they said it was shocking

To show so much stocking

She answered: 'Then what about kilts?'

• Like 2

Newcastle - north east England about a hundred miles from the Scottish border and fifteen miles from the coast for our foreigners - it's freezing at the minute.

Well that narrows it down, High St China.

Show us a pic of your fingers Toastie, I reckon I can guess which county by the type of webbing between em. :lol:

:lol:

No! Right number of fingers too! Our village was on the main road, so there were plenty of blow-ins. ;)

• Like 1

County Cork Ireland

It's freezing and is colder than Russia but no snow.

Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. Freakin' cold and overcast.

Any relation to Gough Whitlam?

County Cork Ireland

I don't know if you've noticed, but Russia's a big ass country. Moscow has a temperate climate, Siberia is arctic and subarctic, and ironically, the city that hosted the Winter Olympics, Sochi, is actually subtropical.

So what part of Russia are you colder than?

County Cork Ireland

I don't know if you've noticed, but Russia's a big ass country. Moscow has a temperate climate, Siberia is arctic and subarctic, and ironically, the city that hosted the Winter Olympics, Sochi, is actually subtropical.

So what part of Russia are you colder than?

Moscow

Ah, most interesting, thank you.

I'm shit at Geography. I've had to check which counties are next to mine. Somerset (which I knew because I'm pretty much right on the border), Gloucester, Berkshire, Hampshire and Dorset. And looking at my county map, even though I used to live in Yorkshire (Castleford to be exact, what a SHITHOLE), I didn't realise how big it is.

Every day is a school day with the Deathlist.

I'm shit at Geography. I've had to check which counties are next to mine. Somerset (which I knew because I'm pretty much right on the border), Gloucester, Berkshire, Hampshire and Dorset. And looking at my county map, even though I used to live in Yorkshire (Castleford to be exact, what a SHITHOLE), I didn't realise how big it is.

Is it? Brilliant!

Come around the back of the bike sheds with me then, I will give you some smarties if you let me cop a feel..... :lol:

Is it? Brilliant!

Come around the back of the bike sheds with me then, I will give you some smarties if you let me cop a feel..... :lol:

If you throw in a can of Tizer, I'll throw in a hand job :D

• Like 2

Is it? Brilliant!

If you throw in a can of Tizer, I'll throw in a hand job :D

Deal!! :D

And Oxfordshire :)

And Wessex. duck.gif

Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. Freakin' cold and overcast.

Any relation to Gough Whitlam?

Not even a little bit :PClever play on words.

Coquitlam is Salish for "Red fish up the River." Probably refering Salmon.

And Wessex. duck.gif

Indeed.

2012-10-20-wantage-alfred-the-great-at-m

I am in Northamptonshire but orignially from Leicestershire and spend 3 years at uni in Leeds and 5 years working in Gloucestershire. (I did my time in 'nam......... Cheltenham)

When Toastie stated that she lived in an adjacent county to Lardy, I confess, I thought the unthinkable, we had Jeremy Clarkson amongst us!!

I do believe, however, that he now spends more time at his flat in London so, yeah, all good!! :D

I live in West Norfolk, via Essex.

Now it's funny, when I was looking at the county map last night, I did think Oxfordshire, but the map I was looking at looked like the tip of Oxfordshire just missed out on Swindon, which is why I didn't mention it, however today during the course of my work I was plotting some journeys in the most cost effective way of spending Wiltshire Council's money and the map I was using showed that Oxfordshire indeed has a massive border with Wiltshire, so now I don't know who to believe anymore.

And while I'm aware that this area of the country is Wessex, I don't believe there is an actual county of Wessex, is there? I think Wessex covers the Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire and Somerset areas.

I live quite near the city of Bath, just over the border - everyone that doesn't live there thinks it's wonderful - everyone that lives within a ten mile radius thinks it's an absolute shithole. Which it is. In fact the best thing about Wiltshire is the M4, because it can take you pretty much anywhere else that isn't Wiltshire.

• Like 1

I live quite near the city of Bath, just over the border - everyone that doesn't live there thinks it's wonderful - everyone that lives within a ten mile radius thinks it's an absolute shithole. Which it is. In fact the best thing about Wiltshire is the M4, because it can take you pretty much anywhere else that isn't Wiltshire.

I went to Bath a few years ago and thought it was a lovely place. Mind you, the weather was pretty shitty. It just rained.

• Like 1