IKYWN

Steve Fossett

As OoO has noted on the other thread, Steve Fossett's family have declared him dead. I'm not so sure. Maybe it was his family he wanted to get away from ;)

The lack of results from the high resolution image searches lead me to conclude that he might have flown somewhere else altogether. I believe he lives.

I think Steve Fossett has gone to join Glen Miller and Amy Johnson, missing believed to be attending a secret Elvis concert. Sooner or later those old Donald Campbell jokes will begin to come to the surface, reincarnated with the punchline: Steve Fossett's underpants.

I think Steve Fossett has gone to join Glen Miller and Amy Johnson, missing believed to be attending a secret Elvis concert. Sooner or later those old Donald Campbell jokes will begin to come to the surface, reincarnated with the punchline: Steve Fossett's underpants.

At first I thought Godot had made a rare slip of the fingers and mistyped Amy Earhart's name. Must be something about aviatrices (?) named Amelia.

On a completed unrelated matter, who knew that Waylon Jennings was supposed to be on the plane with Buddy Holly when it crashed? Not me. The old Dukes of Hazzard TV show would never have been the same without him.

Someday diabtes might get him but the plane never did

I knew that about Waylon Jennings. Buddy Holly died because he was desperate to get on that plane and buy some time to do his laundry! He wanted clean underpants, I bet he died with the skidmarks from hell, or summat.

As OoO has noted on the other thread, Steve Fossett's family have declared him dead. I'm not so sure. Maybe it was his family he wanted to get away from :ph34r:

The lack of results from the high resolution image searches lead me to conclude that he might have flown somewhere else altogether. I believe he lives.

Apparently he was on some kind of trip to Devon....

The Guardian have an obituary....

Link

The Guardian have an obituary....

Link

Does The Guardian have some special inside info that no one else does? He could have flown down to Bolivia for all they know. Presumably they'll run an obit for the McCann kid any day now.

Anybody who seriously thinks Steve Fossett is still alive didn't take their medication this morning (I'm sorry I can't help it) .. if you think Steve Fosset is still alive it's denial OD. It's really not healthy to think he is alive, it's almost selfish to believe that.

Steve Fossett is definitely dead.

His private plane went down in a retired area that seems to be keeping itself very private from all the search teams for the passed several months ... so privacy seems to be the main problem throughout this whole ordeal. I'm happy he finally got an obituary out in the open. It's about time.

Anybody who seriously thinks Steve Fossett is still alive didn't take their medication this morning (I'm sorry I can't help it) .. if you think Steve Fosset is still alive it's denial OD. It's really not healthy to think he is alive, it's almost selfish to believe that.

Steve Fossett is definitely dead.

His private plane went down in a retired area that seems to be keeping itself very private from all the search teams for the passed several months ... so privacy seems to be the main problem throughout this whole ordeal. I'm happy he finally got an obituary out in the open. It's about time.

I don't disagree that the odds that he's alive are close to nil, but the fact remains he could be, no one knows for sure that he's dead, so why does The Guardian take it upon itself to print an obit? Not enough going on in the world at the minute? Every six months I try to read the Guardian, find a typo in the first article, and give up.

I believe Steve Fossett provided food for the coyotes ... they didn't starve. They had a meal. Then again Steve ... could have become ... a hermit. He might have been mentally anti - sufficient. All of a sudden ruling down the decision that he wanted to grow a beard and live in the wilderness and start fires and make mating calls. ....................................................................... but you know .............. this guy typing here can't help but accept the fact that he was meat for all those ....................... hungry coyotes. Woooof. Sorry Steve, at least you provided a purpose for other species on this earth. ................................................................................

................................................................................

You hear that people ............................... Steve Fossett WAS MEAT FOR THE COYOTES,. ..... HELL YEAH/ MEAT. He provided hit the spot satisfaction for the dogs of the wilderness. MEAT. His purpose is clear as is crystals to me. So clear. If coyotes had a super market Steve Fossett would be sold in stores.

His purpose is clear as is crystals to me. So clear. If coyotes had a super market Steve Fossett would be sold in stores.

If they had any taste, they would surely be hoping to dine on Richard Branson.

He may not be biologically dead, but he is legally dead. A petition from his wife back in November for an investigation has prompted Chicago's Cook County Circuit Court to make this decision. I guess the money in the joint account must have dried up pretty quick.

He's not dead till they find him! I think he is still just having a laugh.

Now his wife is having a laugh - with his eight figure fortune.

He's a got a post-it note stuck to his fridge door in Rio: "DON'T LET THE ESTATE AGENT TAKE A PHOTO"

I'm fairly sure the Brazilian priest who clearly never read the story of Icarus was posted on the DL previously, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Anyway, looks like his body's turned up.

Balloon-atic

He's found in open water 60 miles off the coast, but still no sign of Steve Fossett or any wreckage? Stevie's in Bolivia enjoying the good life with Butch & Sundance's great-great-grandkids - mark it down.

Steve Fossett "may have faked his own death", according to investigators.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2462912/Ad...-own-death.html

I CALLED IT! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!

That stupid SOB deliberately faked his own death!!!

I had this intuitution all along that Fossett wasn't dead at all. I don't know why all these websites are including Steve Fossett in the obituaries. Until they actually find and properly identify his body, Fossett is NOT DEAD.

What's up with all these celebrities teasing us with their near death experiences this year?

Fossett, Waris Dirie, and Orlando Brown were all missing and the latter two were found alive (if either one of them were found dead, that would make pretty significant news, especially Brown b/c he's a well known teen idol in the States).

Kelsey Grammar had a heart attack but lived (though sadly, the same can't be said for Tim Russert or Don S. Davis).

Margaret Thatcher and Prince Phillip were both hospitalized, at first thought to be serious, but they only teased up and it turned out to be very minor.

Grammy-winning singer Emilio was in a serious bus accident and everybody who knew him thought he was close to death and would only have days to live. Now, he's recovering rather nicely.

Patrick Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He appears to be on the mend (of course, Tony Snow, Luciano Pavoratti, and Randy Pausch were all diagnosed with cancer and were thought to be on the mend before their cancer struck again so you never know).

Why are these celebrities teasing us with either going missing or having near death experiences!!!! Aaargh!!

However, Lieutenant Colonel Cynthia Ryan of the US Civil Air Patrol has said Fossett, whose body or plane was never found, could still be alive.

She said: "I've been doing this search and rescue for 14 years. Fossett should have been found.

"It's not like we didn't have our eyes open. We found six other planes while we were looking for him. We're pretty good at what we do."

OK if she's been doing SAR for 14 years, how long were those other 6 planes missing for before they embarked on the search for Fossett?

Maybe Fossett is Panama living it up