• Last night, I had a dream where Donald Trump suddenly died from lung cancer and there were celebrations of his death in every western country. For some reason I was pointing a laser pointer everywhere in celebration, and then ate it.
  • Also a few years ago, I had a dream where Ben Stiller died of pancreatic cancer and the coverage was so big that the internet crashed. (ABC News was so devastated that instead of putting pictures of Ben Stiller they just put a bunch of pictures of crying infants).
  • Like 1

Earlier, vividly recalled having a debate on here with @YoungWillzabout Norman Fowler dying today and his contributions to health care in the UK.

Away to do some work, and it's only now, after checking what age Fowler must have been ,that I realise the Tory grandee is in fact still alive, and this whole forum conversation was a dream during the night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, msc said:

Earlier, vividly recalled having a debate on here with @YoungWillzabout Norman Fowler dying today and his contributions to health care in the UK.

Away to do some work, and it's only now, after checking what age Fowler must have been ,that I realise the Tory grandee is in fact still alive, and this whole forum conversation was a dream nightmare during the night. 

FTFY. If I was there and Fowler was there....:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dreamt that Nigel Starmer-Smith died last night.

As part of a very involved dream last night, I dreamt that I picked up a newspaper and read that Tom Baker had died.

I know - I'd never read a newspaper!!!

• Like 1

Dreamt that Nigel Starmer-Smith was a hoax invented by Fauja Singh

• Haha 3

The nation was dominated by the news that Michael Gove had died of an overdose at some kind of Tory party gathering. I was discussing with someone whether Gove’s case was a sad one or not and they slipped in that Jacob Rees-Mogg was dead too (no discussion here about whether it was sad). I didn’t believe them so I looked it up and I vividly remember looking at JRM’s Wikipedia page saying he died on 16th February 2024 (aged 54).

I’ve just looked him up on Wiki; the picture was different in my dream but he will indeed be 54 on this date so I’m hanging on to this potentially being a premonition.

• Like 2

I dreamt I got chatted up by Norman Tebbit!  I found someone else for him but seriously , wtf is wrong with me?

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Handrejka said:

I dreamt I got chatted up by Norman Tebbit!  I found someone else for him but seriously , wtf is wrong with me?

If Tebbit dies in the next week, can you go speed dating with Shane MacGowan in your next dream please? :lol:

Last night, I dreamt that Cleo Laine was the 19th Hit of the 2023 DL. Her death title on the DL had something to do with her being "The Queen of Jazz."

Wild.

Dreamt that Andy Taylor died and was hit this year, probably the most unrealistic dream I've had in a while.

I had a dream where I was watching some old UK sitcom that starred Paul McCartney, which notably used the line "Peter Falk has Alzheimer's disease" despite being released well before Falk's diagnosis.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Last night I dreamt that British actor Christopher Benjamin died and I was reading his obituary from BBC News, but I also dreamt that I was in the back of car and the driver sprayed me with a water gun and it shocked me so much I fell out of the car, tumbled down a hill and landed in a river, so it's probably not a sign of anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Dreamt that Tom Brokaw died and they immediately added Gene Shalit at the 51 spot

Only saw this thread now, but a few months ago I had a dream where I was reading NYT and noticed a headline "Steve Buscemi dead at 75". It was such a mundane dream that after waking up I thought he was really dead for a while until I checked it. Turns out Steve is not only alive but also only 66 years old. I'll try to remember this when it's time for the "Ideas and possibilities for 2033" thread.

13 hours ago, Planetist said:

Only saw this thread now, but a few months ago I had a dream where I was reading NYT and noticed a headline "Steve Buscemi dead at 75". It was such a mundane dream that after waking up I thought he was really dead for a while until I checked it. Turns out Steve is not only alive but also only 66 years old. I'll try to remember this when it's time for the "Ideas and possibilities for 2033" thread.

Bad luck msc who has him in the fucking omnishambles that is Punt Pool

• Facepalm 1

I dreamt that Taylor Swift brought out Lulu and Andy Taylor for farewell performances. The three of them performed Ordinary World amidst a heavy thunderstorm. Then they got into Swift's private jet, attempting to take off from the stage, but crashed into a packed stand and exploded. The next day, people were debating the ethics of continuing the tour with a hologram.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 13/11/2023 at 08:27, TQR said:

…Jacob Rees-Mogg was dead too…I vividly remember looking at JRM’s Wikipedia page saying he died on 16th February 2024 (aged 54)…so I’m hanging on to this potentially being a premonition.

Well that’s disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Amongst other things, last night I dreamt I was re-sitting my A-Levels, specifically my Politics paper and one of the essays was on the role of pressure groups and charities on politics and I ended up writing about Linda Nolan raising awareness for cancer research, her attention grabbing has officially reached my subconscious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dreamt I met Ruth Langsford at a cafe and had to contain my laughter when she spoke about her mother.

• Haha 6

I had a really odd dream a couple of nights' ago. I dreamt that the remaining cast of Babylon 5 were all living together in a sort of Celebrity Big Brother special. This initially included Mira Furlan, but she remembered she was dead and soon disappeared, however Jerry Doyle didn't realise he was dead and was wandering around as a ghost. 

• Like 2

Dreamt that I saw a notification that Yoko Ono had died. Was going to rush to post it here until I saw that the notification was from a little known chess site, and further searches turned up nothing. Was getting more and more frustrated, then I woke up.

Odd.

• Like 3