Lady Die

The Deathlist Christmas Special!

I'm composing my bumper Christmas quiz as I always do at this time of the year. Anyone know any really good quiz questions (not that Ask The Family crap), quirky but not impossible that would work for teenage kids as well as adults? Not much of an ask is it?

There are hundreds of quizzes here Godot and each one is rated for its difficulty. Might be some questions you can use for your quiz.

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/

Thanks TF but that's a site to drive anyone nuts, it categorises stuff then sub categorises until you have a load of questions about the number, make-up and density of hairs in a grizzly bear's nostril. I was thinking of something more on the lines of: who shot Lee Harvey Oswald? or who shared a box with Andy Pandy and Teddy? That kind of thing.

• Like 1

Q. What is it that men do standing up, women do sitting down and dogs do on three legs?

I'm composing my bumper Christmas quiz as I always do at this time of the year. Anyone know any really good quiz questions (not that Ask The Family crap), quirky but not impossible that would work for teenage kids as well as adults? Not much of an ask is it?

A. Shake hands.

Well even though it's not Christmas just yet, I have just one present to buy and that's for the wife.

I finished putting the icing on the cake for my daughter's present with a brilliant (if I don't say so myself) find on ebay which was a Tickle-Me Elmo TMX which I won for $32.50

I sat online for a few hours watching a number of auctions and the frantic bidding on them, some of the Elmo TMX toys went for $70 and more, and one of them even ended up at $118

Then all of a sudden I noticed one auction that seemed to have slipped by a lot of people as there were just 2 bids on it. So, I put my bid when there were just a couple of minutes left... and I won. It arrived today in the mail.

So, even though I had to pay for the postage, it still worked out at $39.50 which was just 50 cents less than the store price and I didn't have to spend money on petrol to get to the store or brave the crowds of people.

B)

Even though my daughter will be 8 months old around Christmas time, I'm hoping this will be a Christmas for her to remember. The Elmo is almost twice the size of my lil 'un :huh:;):rant:;):P

Well even though it's not Christmas just yet, I have just one present to buy and that's for the wife.

I finished putting the icing on the cake for my daughter's present with a brilliant (if I don't say so myself) find on ebay which was a Tickle-Me Elmo TMX which I won for $32.50

Phantom, are you sure that the Tickle-Me Elmo TMX is for children? I was thinking of getting one for the Missus.

Phantom, are you sure that the Tickle-Me Elmo TMX is for children? I was thinking of getting one for the Missus.

Well it says on the box for 18+ months, but it's really cool. I almost want to keep it for myself. :lol:

Can't seem to get "in the mood' this year...

haven't sent a card....

haven't wrapped a present....

it's not like anyone will actually notice that I haven't died or anything...

haven't sent a card....

Never mind, cheer yourself up with this....

Top of the Pops

Well it says on the box for 18+ months, but it's really cool. I almost want to keep it for myself. :lol:

We're raffling one off for my cocker spaniel rescue organization and I have sold tons of tickets to childless people. :lol:

We're raffling one off for my cocker spaniel rescue organization and I have sold tons of tickets to childless people. :lol:

They really are one of the most sought after toys of this year, there's one on ebay that's going for $300 at the moment.

I've not had a chance to call my parents back home, so I'm not sure if they're as in demand in the UK as they are over here.

I've put the Elmo to be from her nan & grandad, I was considering labelling from Santa / Father Christmas but I'll be damned if I'm going to let some fat bloke in a red suit take all the credit :)

haven't sent a card....

Never mind, cheer yourself up with this....

Top of the Pops

Cheers, MIB, that DID make me smile!

I've put the Elmo to be from her nan & grandad, I was considering labelling from Santa / Father Christmas but I'll be damned if I'm going to let some fat bloke in a red suit take all the credit :lol:

Quote from Wicki entry: "The vibrating laughter produced by the Tickle Me Elmo uses the same motorized device that is used for the vibrate mode found in almost all cellular phones." Maybe I will buy the missus one after all.

I've put the Elmo to be from her nan & grandad, I was considering labelling from Santa / Father Christmas but I'll be damned if I'm going to let some fat bloke in a red suit take all the credit :lol:

Quote from Wicki entry: "The vibrating laughter produced by the Tickle Me Elmo uses the same motorized device that is used for the vibrate mode found in almost all cellular phones." Maybe I will buy the missus one after all.

This is the best bit:-

This Elmo is all about tickles. Sit T.M.X. Elmo down and hit one of his three "tickle" spots

There's one under his chin, one on his belly, and one on top of his foot. Yes, this Elmo wiggles just like he did 10 years ago, but that's just the start. Elmo slaps his belly, falls forward with his butt sticking out, stands back up again only to topple backwards, kicks his legs over his belly, and then stands right back up, all while laughing hysterically.

"Again! Again!"

Elmo gets more outrageous when you "tickle" him a second time, and the fun really starts with the third "tickle" session. Elmo's fancy moves include falling over on his side, shimmying on his back, and what seems to be everyone's favorite: lying flat on his belly slapping the floor next to him as if he can’t stop laughing. This Elmo has a serious case of the giggles. His trademark voice builds into a fit of histrionics, endless snickers that drown out everything but an unintelligible cackle until even Elmo admits he has had too much.

[

This Elmo is all about tickles. Sit T.M.X. Elmo down and hit one of his three "tickle" spots

There's one under his chin, one on his belly, and one on top of his foot. Yes, this Elmo wiggles just like he did 10 years ago, but that's just the start. Elmo slaps his belly, falls forward with his butt sticking out, stands back up again only to topple backwards, kicks his legs over his belly, and then stands right back up, all while laughing hysterically.

"Again! Again!"

*snip*

#1 son swears it's time to call for a priest about 2/3 of the way through it.

• Like 1

[

"Again! Again!"

*snip*

#1 son swears it's time to call for a priest about 2/3 of the way through it.

I really can't wait until Christmas day, I want my daughter to have it now!!! She giggled when she first saw it on Good Morning America and was mesmorised by it.

ARRRRRRRRRGH 12 more days to wait

A few deathlist favourites in this year end review

I love Christmas! Catered food! Presents! Rainbow Cookies! I love Rainbow Cookies. And I f****n Love Christmas.

I am enjoying the fact that I sent 25 personalised xmas cards this year. All with a big grinning close up of my face in full santa clobber, much like the pic in my avatar at the moment except slightly wilder looking.

The first response I received was: -

My God that's quite

possibly the most

alarming xmas card I

think I've ever received!

That sounds to me like, "TLC, your message is strong and valuable. Share it with us at every available birthday, xmas or vaguely special occasion" now that I've discovered the ease and cheapness of online card designing.

Once I get the hang of photoshop (notably how to merge my face on a selection of 'hilarious' bodies and or backgrounds) there'll be no stopping me, like it or not.

Seasons greetings!

A handy tip for the party season:

Favourite trick of the moment when called to an 'unconscious' drunk? Shine a torch in their face and shout 'Go towards the light!' Wakes them up without me having to touch them.

F*****g Christmas. Queues half way up the aisles in Waitrose and no lettuce. Why a run on lettuce? Who eats lettuce at Christmas? Plenty satsumas but none left with leaves on them. Why the big deal for satsumas with leaves at Christmas? Some aisles, like the one with shampoo and cooking utensils were empty so I went down that one and bought a spatula for the hell of it.

Blokes from the Rotary Club standing at the door with collection boxes and recordings of carols. Idle twats. If they want some money they can F*****g sing for it.

More idle twats queueing for the car wash so their motors can be clean for Christmas. What's that all about?

Dates. I hate dates. Anyway we buy some and stuff 'em with nuts and put them on a plate with dried cranberries and mangoes to look posh on the coffee table and my brother's dog comes and scoffs the whole bloody lot. Might as well. Waste of time and money.

What's all this obsession with "traditional" stuff anyway. It was traditional in my family to do f**k all apart from have a turkey then sit around the telly drinking beer and having arguments. Not now. Now we're supposed to have a house that looks like a set from F*****g Middlemarch or Pride and F*****g Prejudice with mulled wine and spices with sprigs of everything. I can't stand sprigs. What is a sprig anyway? Why do we have to bring half the bloody garden in to the house so that there's pine cones, holly, berries, more F*****g berries and cinnamon sticks. What's the point of cinnamon sticks? F*****g Christmas. Its started.