Lady Die

The Deathlist Christmas Special!

Well, Christmas is still sh*t, but my target of being pissed for the whole 12 days has got off to a nice start, in fact it's past 12 noon now so time I cracked open another, hair of the dog, you understand - and I got points for Pinter, so maybe it won't turn out so bad after all. I hope everyone else is having a lovely time :)

Well, I got one of these:

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product....0∏=1836

My life is complete.

If someone bought me one of those for Christmas I would stab them. I got a corkscrew and some nice wine glasses. And a book called 'My Boyfriend is a Twat' - which would have been funny had I got it last year, when I actually had a boyfriend. Well, he was a husband, and he was definitely a twat. Sadly, I have neither a boyfriend or a husband this year. But I do have many bottles of wine, so the corkscrew will come in handy.

So come on, what did everyone else get? Let's see who got the crappiest present.

So come on, what did everyone else get? Let's see who got the crappiest present.

I got a vegetable (potato?) peeler in my stocking. :)

Got a few goodies as well, a sat nav, a wind up torch, 3 bottles of whisky as well as the usual smellies and clothes.

I actually managed to get my other half a Wii fit. Having fun with it now.

I got a vegetable (potato?) peeler in my stocking. :unsure:

Got a few goodies as well, a sat nav, a wind up torch, 3 bottles of whisky as well as the usual smellies and clothes.

See, now if someone bought me a Wii fit, that would tell me that they thought I was fat, so I'd have to stab them for that as well.

See, now if someone bought me a Wii fit, that would tell me that they thought I was fat, so I'd have to stab them for that as well.

Maybe I should send someone round to check what's in your freezer Lardy.

Well, I got one of these:

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product....0∏=1836

My life is complete.

If someone bought me one of those for Christmas I would stab them. I got a corkscrew and some nice wine glasses.

Believe it or not it's what I wanted.

If someone got me a corkscrew and wine glasses I would stab them. It's all relative.

We need one of them at work. The one we currently have has been broken for ages. How they expect me to make lump-free potatoes with a broken mixer I'll never know. ;)

Then again, given that I had to buy my own tattie peeler, I don't hold out much hope of them purchasing state of the art equipment. :unsure:

We need one of them at work. The one we currently have has been broken for ages. How they expect me to make lump-free potatoes with a broken mixer I'll never know. ;)

Then again, given that I had to buy my own tattie peeler, I don't hold out much hope of them purchasing state of the art equipment. ;)

Never heard of a fork Winnie :unsure:.

I got three pairs of bamboo socks, a jar of home-made banana chutney, and a finger football game. I'm thinking of holding a bonfire in my living room when I get home.

I got a vegetable (potato?) peeler in my stocking. :unsure:

Translation: She knows you like home-made mashed potatoes, but would appreciate some help peeling the spuds.

Solution: I suggest (with some trepidation because people have already got their knives out in this thread and I may be stabbed for even thinking this) instant mashed potatoes!

One of my Aunts gave me one of those modern crucifix necklace things.

Insulting on two levels:

1: I'm not fashionable enough for that kind of 'hip' modern nonsense.

2: I've become known for my atheism in recent years.

That was probably the only bad present I got this year.

(I didn't get any Woolies vouchers) :unsure:

Solution: I suggest (with some trepidation because people have already got their knives out in this thread and I may be stabbed for even thinking this) instant mashed potatoes!

EEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure:

Well, it's Christmas time again and a chance to remind ourselves of who departed last time...

Mark Felt (Deep Throat) 18/12

Harold Pinter 24/12 (announced on Xmas Day!)

Eartha Kitt 25/12

Kathy Staff 13/12

Bettie Page 11/12

Jack Douglas 18/12

The first two were Deathlist picks...

Who will croak it this time round? Could Deathlist land a new record? (if they can be bothered to write up about it..)

Will a yuletide death seal victory for some lucky sod in the final DDP of the Noughties?

Who will croak it this time round? Could Deathlist land a new record? (if they can be bothered to write up about it..)

Will a yuletide death seal victory for some lucky sod in the final DDP of the Noughties?

I've been keeping it quiet but I heard that I might be going into first place soon. I'm pretty sure the Telegraph will take care of it but all of this has really caught me off guard.

However I continue with a look at DDP deaths at Yuletide.... :P

1996 strangely has Tom Finney croaking, even though to my knowledge he's still alive! :skull:

It was another two years before there was a festive hit. Lord Soper died although didn't get an obit according to DDP. I don't know when DDP accepted obits from the BBC website, but here is one...Lord Soper dies. Norman Fell was the other...

(As a side point, with Finney the phantom death and the points-scored-after-all Soper, maybe its time for a retroactive reassessment of the early years. OoO as you are now the custodian, you have the power... ;)

As you'll be taking it over in 2010, you too can change history if you want. ;)

Well, Jones & Todd are quite big in their own respective ways already. And yes, Shamir going would probably be the best option for me too. That and the other 15 picks who haven't got an obit/haven't died yet....

Tonight I'll leave you just as I do every year. The wind is howling, the bells are ringing, money is disappearing, and people are traveling everywhere. I will remember 2009 as a year of change and progress. I might remember 2009 as hopefully the very beginning for me.

Talking death, it was a year that will stay with you forever. Man, Michael Jackson. Who would have thought? I was actually here when it happened and it was thrilling to see so many guests browsing. Names like Fawcett, Carradine, Mays, Goody, Aquino, Cronkite, Malden, Kennedy, Swayze, and Brittney Murphy to go along with it.

As most of you know, I almost won the DDP this year. (Yes, I know). That's the way it is. Blood, sweat, and tears and I'll most likely finish in second place after Linda Uttley dies and doesn't get the obituary. Well, maybe somebody else deserves it more than me. It would have been special, but I can only make a Manny Ramirez gesture and smile, and sit back while the vision of the new year burns within.

Because throughout life every year introduces us to a different mood, an original thought, a new person, maybe the birth or death of something for the better or for the worse. As the years change life changes, and you change with it but we never lose ourselves. We just seem figure out a little bit more ..

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'll be back here on New Years Eve.

Goodnight.

Tonight I'll leave you just as I do every year. The wind is howling, the bells are ringing, money is disappearing, and people are traveling everywhere. I will remember 2009 as a year of change and progress. I might remember 2009 as hopefully the very beginning for me.

Talking death, it was a year that will stay with you forever. Man, Michael Jackson. Who would have thought? I was actually here when it happened and it was thrilling to see so many guests browsing. Names like Fawcett, Carradine, Mays, Goody, Aquino, Cronkite, Malden, Kennedy, Swayze, and Brittney Murphy to go along with it.

As most of you know, I almost won the DDP this year. (Yes, I know). That's the way it is. Blood, sweat, and tears and I'll most likely finish in second place after Linda Uttley dies and doesn't get the obituary. Well, maybe somebody else deserves it more than me. It would have been special, but I can only make a Manny Ramirez gesture and smile, and sit back while the vision of the new year burns within.

Because throughout life every year introduces us to a different mood, an original thought, a new person, maybe the birth or death of something for the better or for the worse. As the years change life changes, and you change with it but we never lose ourselves. We just seem figure out a little bit more ..

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'll be back here on New Years Eve.

Goodnight.

Mind they roads now!

It looks like Santa might need to make alternative travel arrangements this year.

Dutch Police Shoot Four Runaway Reindeer

14.gif

Not to worry, he gets to where he wants by Eurostar... :lol:

Well I hope there's no more snow then :wub: