maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Two Dale Farm residents have been Tasered during evictions. Unlikely things will get worse, but fleeting national fame would probably follow any death in these circumstances. Should Gazza arrive in Basildon with chicken and lager...be very afraid!

• Like 2

Founding member of the New Hardy Players Norrie Woodhall has died, aged 105.

She was the last surviving member of the original Hardy players, which disbanded shortly after his death in 1928. She returned to the stage aged 101 to read some of Hardy's poetry in a charity performance in 2007.

More here.

Founding member of the New Hardy Players Norrie Woodhall has died, aged 105.

She was the last surviving member of the original Hardy players, which disbanded shortly after his death in 1928. She returned to the stage aged 101 to read some of Hardy's poetry in a charity performance in 2007.

More here.

Points! And almost a unique bloody pick for me :lol:

A man on the fringes of the fringes, Genette Tate's dad John, has appealed to her likely killer Robert Black to spill the beans because he's dying of cancer, or thinks he is.

It's because I think I haven't got long to go. And I'd like to get this out of the way before I die

Always on the look out for the least famous person possible to pick for your dead pool side, the "best friend" of The Only Way Is Essex "stars" Sam and Billie, Jerri Turko, is battling cancer of the lymph nodes. The Daily Star, with typical restraint, opts for "TOWIE GAVE ME CANCER" as a headline.

Fitness trainer Angie Dowd, who featured on ITV's The Biggest Loser, has reportedly fallen or jumped to her death from Beachy Head.

Fitness trainer Angie Dowd, who featured on ITV's The Biggest Loser, has reportedly fallen or jumped to her death from Beachy Head.

She was probably fired from the show. If I remember correctly she was caught cheating in the last series by putting her fatties on an extreme crash diet.

She was probably fired from the show. If I remember correctly she was caught cheating in the last series by putting her fatties on an extreme crash diet.

She was given 'a back seat' for most of the fourth series, but according to this, was set to appear in the fifth next year.

The Argus report also says she split from her 'lesbian partner' earlier this year (though why the Argus, the local newspaper of the self-proclaimed gay capital of the UK, needs to specify the sexual orientation of the people involved is beyond me).

If it was suicide, it was just as likely to be the thought of another series with Davina than anything else that drove her to it.

A few papers over the last week have mentioned the death of Diane Stevenson, mother of Sarah, World Tai Kwan Do champion. I had the elder Stevenson down on the long-list for DDP action next year. Felt sure she'd get a point-worthy mention.

Baroness Trumpington - an 89 year old member of the House of Lords: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16283295

She has become quite well known recently due to her two-fingered-salute in the Lords.

Will she 'fade away' in 2012?

Baroness Trumpington - an 89 year old member of the House of Lords: http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-16283295

[snippage]

Will she 'fade away' in 2012?

I don't think so. ISTM she's a tough old boot.

That clip linked, at the end, to an

(go to 0'18'' to skip the commercial) she gave about her code breaking work at Bletchley Park. She did more to win the war than many a soldier. Respect.

regards,

Hein

Fred Winter's daughter

Very sad, this. I never met Joanna, but I was acquainted with David who was a top bloke.

Heres a heart-swelling story... The pregnant Jenni Lake forgoes cancer treatment to save life of baby. She dies shortly after giving birth, aged 17.

....And she is famous for what, exactly?

• Like 1

Guest Est... Mobile

I thought this was the most appropriate thread. But she's slightly famous now anyway.

I thought this was the most appropriate thread. But she's slightly famous now anyway.

She's not a celeb, she doesn't count.