He has as much chance as catching it as all of us so don't get your hopes up too high

He has as much chance as catching it as all of us so don't get your hopes up too high

:blink: With no immune system, his chance encounter would be a deadly one. ;)

:blink: With no immune system, his chance encounter would be a deadly one. ;)

Just a question, didn't you have the bird flu and the swine flu mixed up?

Yep yep, I meant swine flu. :ghost3:

Guest Charles Chadwick

Hey, just curious: What stage is his cancer in? Pancreatic cancer has a survival rate of less than 10%, so he's doomed.

Not looking too good, or maybe it is, depending from which angle you are looking.

Patrick Swayze's cancer is now spreading. This doesn't look good. :ghost3:

Check the source -- it's none other than The National Enquirer.

The always reliable National Enquirer has constantly hyped up Patrick Swayze's imminent death. This is probably the fourth or fifth time that the Enquirer claims that Swayze is in his "brave last days" (or some variation of that, e.g. "he only has days to live"). It's gotten to the point where The Enquirer seems to have something against Swayze and is rooting for him to die.

Don't believe it. He probably isn't doing that great, but considering that he's lasted some 18 months ever since he was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, he deserves nothing but admiration and respect for battling this deadly disease for so long. He really is an inspiration and a true fighter.

The always reliable National Enquirer has constantly hyped up Patrick Swayze's imminent death. This is probably the fourth or fifth time that the Enquirer claims that Swayze is in his "brave last days" (or some variation of that, e.g. "he only has days to live"). It's gotten to the point where The Enquirer seems to have something against Swayze and is rooting for him to die.

Don't believe it. He probably isn't doing that great, but considering that he's lasted some 18 months ever since he was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, he deserves nothing but admiration and respect for battling this deadly disease for so long. He really is an inspiration and a true fighter.

The National Enquirer has actually been quite accurate in the past year or so. They're no longer going for the sensationalist headlines that were widely inaccurate as they did in the past.

A lot of people seem to believe that Swayze is in his last few days and then he bounces back and goes to a baseball game or something.

It was, of course, the National Enquirer that originally broke the story.

The problem with Swayze - from a DL point of view - is that his life almost certainly is being prolonged by the experimental treatment he is receiving. There's quite alot in the news at the moment about this newfangled "Cyberknife" thingy, the latest big thing in tumour zapping. Swayze was one of the first people to be, er, cyberknifed and it does seem to have at least slowed down the spread of the disease. Maybe he will see in 2010.

Death watchers have cause to be concerned about some of the recent advances in treating cancer. Increasing survival rates and longer life expectancy after diagnosis threaten to bring about the deadpooling equivalent of a credit crunch.

The problem with Swayze - from a DL point of view - is that his life almost certainly is being prolonged by the experimental treatment he is receiving. There's quite alot in the news at the moment about this newfangled "Cyberknife" thingy, the latest big thing in tumour zapping. Swayze was one of the first people to be, er, cyberknifed and it does seem to have at least slowed down the spread of the disease. Maybe he will see in 2010.

Death watchers have cause to be concerned about some of the recent advances in treating cancer. Increasing survival rates and longer life expectancy after diagnosis threaten to bring about the deadpooling equivalent of a credit crunch.

So you reckon its back to picking old farts in the future?

Hes looking a bit healthier in this Daily Mail pic. (Yes, I know some people have the opinion that The Daily Mail is no more reliable than the National Enquirer!)

You're absolutely right. As I have discussed with some posters earlier, breakthroughs in medical treatment have allowed individuals to live much longer than before. And in general, the life expectancy for individuals just continues to climb. Although Swayze deserves credit for showing strength and dignity in the face of this debilitating disease, there is no doubt that he's still very much alive today thanks to the experimental cyberknife procedure. I believe he's one of the very first individuals, if not the first American, to be receiving this treatment.

So you reckon its back to picking old farts in the future?

This is an interesting topic. I will say that at least by celebrity standards, I can see 90 years old being "the new 60." Even as recently as 10 years ago, you seldom see any celebrity still active after he/she reaches 80 years old. Nowadays, it's not uncommon for actors to be well in their mid to late 80s and even their 90s and still maintain an active career particularly in the entertainment business. Some examples include Eli Wallach, Kevin McCarthy, Ernest Borgnine, Christopher Lee, Betty White, Robert Byrd (politics), James Karen (actor), Cliff Robertson, Charles Durning, etc.

I wonder if there are any actuaries reading this site. This is hard research from the frontline that would be very useful to them.

I think he is probably waiting for the Jacko hype to go down before he croaks, so he can get his full aknowledgment and not the secondary treatment that Farrah received.

I think he is probably waiting for the Jacko hype to go down before he croaks, so he can get his full aknowledgment and not the secondary treatment that Farrah received.

Fawcett got at least 4 hours coverage on the news before MJ died, you can't be too greedy.

:lol: That is kind of funny. But lets hope he dies peacefully, I feel sorry seeing him get so thin. :ghost3:

have i been deleted
have i been deleted

No, you have been moved to a more appropriate thread.

sorry but can someone explain what that means

have i been deleted
have i been deleted

It means your posts have been moved to a thread that is more appropriate for them than here, which Lady Grendel has graciously included in her post.

To do this, click the underlined text, which is a hyperlink, to go to that thread. To achieve this, you will need to move your pointer on the screen to the underlined word by using your mouse or other computer user interface hardware.

You most probably have to move this device using a combination of hand and arm movement.

Once your pointer has moved to the link, use a finger to press and release your primary click button with a combination of flexing and relaxing the muscle in said digit.

Your browser should then correctly determine that you wish to navigate to the URL identified in the hyperlink, and issue an HTTP get request, which through the magic of the internet, is sent via your ISP to the super secret server room at DL-Towers, where the enigma machine transcodes it to sheet music notation and is hand delivered by Oompaloompahs to GR himself. Using little more than a paper punch, GR chisels out a deck of punched cards that are run the through the Difference Engine, which interfaces seamlessly with DL's ZX81, HAL 9000 and Cyberdyne servers, which then post the HTTP request back to be subsequently rendered by your web browser. Once it has completed that operation, you must then move your eyes and head, and focus on the appropriate part of the screen. At that point, you may wish to begin reading, taking in the text from left to right, top to bottom.

I hope that helps.

If you need any more explanation than that, then I suggest you return your computer to the shop for the full f'uckwit refund, kick your old headmaster in the balls, and slap your parents.

Guest Bob Loblah

25Jul09

God bless Patrick Swaize.

May he live to be a hundred. If so, he can do another RoadHammer movie again.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

have i been deleted
have i been deleted

It means your posts have been moved to a thread that is more appropriate for them than here, which Lady Grendel has graciously included in her post.

To do this, click the underlined text, which is a hyperlink, to go to that thread. To achieve this, you will need to move your pointer on the screen to the underlined word by using your mouse or other computer user interface hardware.

You most probably have to move this device using a combination of hand and arm movement.

Once your pointer has moved to the link, use a finger to press and release your primary click button with a combination of flexing and relaxing the muscle in said digit.

Your browser should then correctly determine that you wish to navigate to the URL identified in the hyperlink, and issue an HTTP get request, which through the magic of the internet, is sent via your ISP to the super secret server room at DL-Towers, where the enigma machine transcodes it to sheet music notation and is hand delivered by Oompaloompahs to GR himself. Using little more than a paper punch, GR chisels out a deck of punched cards that are run the through the Difference Engine, which interfaces seamlessly with DL's ZX81, HAL 9000 and Cyberdyne servers, which then post the HTTP request back to be subsequently rendered by your web browser. Once it has completed that operation, you must then move your eyes and head, and focus on the appropriate part of the screen. At that point, you may wish to begin reading, taking in the text from left to right, top to bottom.

I hope that helps.

If you need any more explanation than that, then I suggest you return your computer to the shop for the full f'uckwit refund, kick your old headmaster in the balls, and slap your parents.

25Jul09

God bless Patrick Swaize.

May he live to be a hundred. If so, he can do another RoadHammer movie again.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

I don't know who this Patrick Swaize is that you refer to, but the only other road movie Swayze could make would have to be called Roadkill.

PS there's no need to tag your posts with the date, as your posts are automatically tagged with the date and time, same goes for your member ID.