Death in Vegas

Time Added

Gordon Howard, director of Kidderminster Harriers, killed in house fire in Bermuda, Tuesday night.
  • Like 1

Francisco Varallo, the oldest ex-World Cup player and the only surviving player from the 1930 World Cup (and indeed the final) has died aged 100.

Such a breaking news sotry that it appears the website hasn't even updated the words for the article!

Selected on the DDP for a number of teams, I think.

Francisco Varallo, the oldest ex-World Cup player and the only surviving player from the 1930 World Cup (and indeed the final) has died aged 100.

Such a breaking news sotry that it appears the website hasn't even updated the words for the article!

Yes for three:

Ball Kicking Bucket Kickers

Death Can Be Funny

The Terry Fenwick Benefit Select Second XI

Such a shame that he's gone although that gives me my first 4 picks on the family draft pool to have died in order. All I need now is Johannes Heesters to go next and I'll collect another bonus point

His son-in-law according to that report and also the widower of his daughter who died of cancer. The one consolation being that when one couple gets so much bad luck it ever-so-slightly reduces the chances for the rest of us.

Couple of deaths to report:

Ex-Portugal player and national team manager Jose Torres.

Ex-Newcastle Fairs Cup-winner Jackie Sinclair.

Danish international Brian Laudrup is being treated for a mild case of lymphoma.

This might be the first sign of a mild case of death.

regards,

Hein

Charlie Adam doing a bit of deadpool scouting via his goal celebration today:

Former Burnley and Preston defender Gary Parkinson "in critical condition"

Former Celtic and Bristol City midfielder Evander Sno has suffered a heart attack during a game for the Ajax reserves.

Spurs legend Bobby Smith, aged 77. 176 goals in 271 appearances. 15 England caps, 9 goals, then went to Brighton.

Spurs legend Bobby Smith, aged 77. 176 goals in 271 appearances. 15 England caps, 9 goals, then went to Brighton.

That's two Bobby Smiths in one year...

Probably not the right thread (Fringes of Fame perhaps, mods, feel free to move it), but its football related...

The man who broke the crossbar after Scotland's 2-1 victory over England at Wembley in 1977 has died.

Alex Torrance has died aged 54 after a long battle with alcoholism.

Scarborough Athletic manager Brian France is in hospital having suffered a brain haemmorhage, shortly after he was hit on the head by a football. He also suffered a broken sternum and three broken ribs when he blacked out at the top of a flight of stairs later that day.

Croydon Athletic chairman David De Cluse has done what any sensible person would do after realising they're spending their working day in Croydon, and shot himself in the skull aged 44. Croydon Athletic were allegedly being used to launder Asian gambling operation profits, if you believe the paperz.

Croydon Athletic chairman David De Cluse has done what any sensible person would do after realising they're spending their working day in Croydon, and shot himself in the skull aged 44. Croydon Athletic were allegedly being used to launder Asian gambling operation profits, if you believe the paperz.

Strangely, in Pakistan, there was a huge wave of betting that he'd commit suicide today...... :lol:

Strangely, in Pakistan, there was a huge wave of betting that he'd commit suicide today...... :lol:

May I refer the strange case of Bob Woolmer's death at this time? Betting games gone wrong?

Tlhoriso James "Hitler" Sobi

Founder member of South Africa's Orlando Pirates FC has died aged 86. Following the death of Sam "Baboon Shepherd" Shabangu three years ago, he was the last surviving founder member. Not a well known name over here, but I just thought how refreshing it is to see such nicknames as opposed to "Wazza", "Lamps", "Stevie G" and "Carra".

I'm not being funny, but John W Henry does have cancer, right? Nobody looks like that naturally, surely?

Former Welsh international defender Mel Hopkins dead at 75.

He played 219 games for Spurs and was capped 34 times between 1956 and 1963.

Ronnie Clayton

The former Blackburn Rovers and England great has died aged 76. He captained the national side for 5 games.