Death in Vegas

Time Added

Scottish footballer Willie Callaghan has died aged 56. He played for several clubs in the 80s and 90s including Cowdenbeath and Livingston and is from a footballing family with his father, also Willie a legend for Dunfermline and still living as is his Uncle Tom who played for Dunfermline and Celtic.

• Like 1

Eddie Colquhoun the Scottish centre back who played around 400 games for Sheffield United and capped 11 times for Scotland has died aged 78

A unique pick for me in my team of Scottish footballers.

Qualifying Obit Blades legend dies

• Like 2

Pavlo Shkapenko was a Ukrainian footballer who died at the age of 50, he played for Metalurh Zaporizhya, Dynamo Kyiv, Torpedo Moscow, Tom Tomsk, Kuban Krasnodar and the Ukrainian national team

image.jpeg.fe0b8cafa2c678aeaa370156c375aa1c.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Luis Marquez, Spanish player for Real Betis dies at only 51 after a cancer battle:

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/7890645/luis-marquez-dead-real-betis-cancer/

A great, gifted footballer, but he was an amazing human being.

Rest in Peace, Luis Márquez. :(

• Like 2

Vadym Shevchenko was a former Soviet Union footballer who played for FC Veres Rivne and FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih. After performing as a player, Shevchenko became a football referee. born in what is now Azerbaijan, died on April 18 at the age of 66

https://focus.ua/amp/sport/561423-umer-futbolist-i-arbitr-vadim-shevchenko-chto-izvestno-o-vospitannike-kievskogo-dinamo

5a5f11b1-ca16dee08fec588f4a1ee275411142f3.png?v=6962_1

Josep Maria Fuste, a legendary former player of Barcelona and member of the Spain squad that won the European Championship in 1964 has died aged 82.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/football/first-team/news/3216186/death-of-josep-maria-fuste-fc-barcelona-legend-of-the-sixties

Finally took the plunge and joined the chain of users also doing this. I haven't blocked anyone on here before and the sense of freedom is bringing relieved tears to my eyes.

image.png.932e9d9dcef508b19fbbf9b8a6d97054.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Finally took the plunge and joined the chain of users also doing this. I haven't blocked anyone on here before and the sense of freedom is bringing relieved tears to my eyes.

image.png.932e9d9dcef508b19fbbf9b8a6d97054.png

I think Diego means well.

They are not aggressive or argumentative and has shown a willingness to be advised about what people want from their posts. They have stopped liking almost every post.

I am on a Live & Let Live approach.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

They are not aggressive or argumentative and has shown a willingness to be advised about what people want from their posts. They have stopped liking almost every post.

I agree Biblio. Same approach from me as I do genuinely think he means well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I aspire to have your level of patience sir!

I simply cannot read another one of his posts. I know they are meant to be in English but they're formatted so poorly I feel like I'm having some sort of seizure whenever I read them. May as well not be in English at all. He's still liking my old posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going to stick up for Diego here. In his posts, he actually gives context to the death (from Wiki recent deaths) and a photo .

Then compare that to The Old Crems posts above. Also copied from Wiki recent deaths but with no information about the player other than a link. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 17/01/2023 at 16:10, Perhaps said:

Nick Anderton's bone cancer is more aggressive than previously thought according to a club statement on 14th December.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/nick-anderton-update/

It has also spread according to his GoFundMe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65348031
Retires from football.  Sounds like he is becoming a coach. 

42 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

A corpse more like.

Well he thinks he will recover from the cancer.