maryportfuncity

Widow(er) Shopping

Coulda put her under philanthropists, but here goes...

Alice Probasco Lupton, Chattanooga's "quiet philanthropist" who worked to help the community's children and young people, has died at age 90.

Her decades of civic work included service on the boards of many child care organizations, including what's now the Chambliss Center for Children, as well as community welfare organizations such as United Way and the American Cancer Society.
Lupton's husband was Coca-Cola magnate John T. "Jack" Lupton. Her father, Scott L. Probasco Sr., founded American National Bank, which became SunTrust Banks under her brother, Scotty Probasco.

SC

• Like 1

Lady Veronica Bingham of Lucan, widow of vanished and declared dead Earl John Bingham of Lucan, was found dead in her home at age 80. 

Edit: Apparently there's a thread for Lord Lucan that I missed and this was posted these a couple hours back, but I think it also fits here, so not deleting it.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, RishCast said:

Lady Veronica Bingham of Lucan, widow of vanished and declared dead Earl John Bingham of Lucan, was found dead in her home at age 80. 

Edit: Apparently there's a thread for Lord Lucan that I missed and this was posted these a couple hours back, but I think it also fits here, so not deleting it.

Yes, but :clivedunn: is due.

• Like 1

Enoch Powell's widow Pamela died Saturday, aged 91.

On 12/07/2008 at 11:35, Octopus of Odstock said:

Lady Gertrude Bliss, widow of Sir Arthur. (The Telegraph obituary).

Bette Hill, widow of Graham.

Dolores Hope, widow of Bob. (The Telegraph, The Guardian, Daily Mail, BBC obituaries).

All three should get UK obits, no question.

Bette Hill, widow of Graham Hill, has died aged 91. She received obituaries from The Independent and The Times

20 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Bette Hill, widow of Graham Hill, has died aged 91. She received obituaries from The Independent and The Times

Nowt in the obit about any deathbed confession in which she finally outed Graham Hill as the man who flew Lord Lucan out of the country, then

Riletta Cream, widow of Jersey Joe Walcott, has died aged 91.

Contained within the article is the revelation that Jersey Joe's real name was, apparently, Arnold Cream. Very educational this deathlisting!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Max Jaffa's widow, Jean, has died aged 91. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimes-uk/obituary.aspx?n=jean-jaffa-gluckstein&pid=187599600

For those who don't know who Max Jaffa was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Jaffa

No shit - the name on his birth certificate was Jaffa

And he lived long enough to see it violated by being adopted as a slang term for anyone who's had a vascetomy

I was surprised that nobody had these two  famous widows on their death lists. (Joan is technically just an ex-wife though). Ethel Kennedy will celebrate her 90th anniversary in April, and Joan will be 82 in September.

Bildergebnis für ethel kennedy 2017 

Lois Sieff OBE, widow of former M&S Chairman & VP of the British Zionist Federation, Lord Teddy, dies aged 94. In 1973 Teddy was attemptedly(?!) assassinated by Carlos the Jackal, she called the police.

How about a widower?

Bill Bombeck, whose wife, Erma, gained  national acclaim for her books and columns, died Friday.

Bombeck, 90, died at his home surrounded by family members.

SC

I wanted to know what became of Jack Lemmon's widow, the actress Felicia Farr (Born 1932). I wasn't able to find new photos & had the impression she vanished from the face of the earth. 

I found out, that she is leasing her beautiful beach house in Malibu for $12,500 per month.

http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/la-fi-hotprop-jack-lemmon-20140821-pictures-photogallery.html

There is also a photo from November 2016 on Twitter: 

CwpI_xZUAAA4Lbd.jpg

Mehr

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm assuming this thread is for widows and widowers or does the latter require its own thread? 

The former.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

The former.

Aye, I'll second that, and I started this thread - ONE thread for all surviving partners of more famous stiffs.

A mod could - like - change it to Widow(er) Shopping

Or summat

• Like 4

I think it was all widows until I went and Fekked it up with Erma Bombeck's husband.  :o

• Like 1