Deathwatch Beetle

Bhumibol Adulyadej

Yeah, it seems suspect to me that an hour later and there's still only one news source reporting it given how major a news story his death would be.

Yeah, it seems suspect to me that an hour later and there's still only one news source reporting it given how major a news story his death would be.

First Tutu, then Chirac, and now Bhumibol. How many more false claims of death will we see.

So far, it's the only source, but in multiple languages. Let's see...

First Tutu, then Chirac, and now Bhumibol. How many more false claims of death will we see.

I heard a rumour joeyruss has left the building!

Anyone know different?

• Like 1

It seems the pages in the languages other than English and Spanish have been deleted on the site.

Update: page is now deleted in all languages

I found a second source. Doesn't seem very reliable though: http://www.dead-people.com/Bhumibol-Adulyadej

That site merely copies Wikipedia's Recent Deaths page, so it is unreliable. Apparently someone edited the page and then commented it out a few minutes later until further confirmation.

• Like 1

Aand the English Euronews page goes to a 404 now, think that settles that.

• Like 1

Aand the English Euronews page goes to a 404 now, think that settles that.

Aye

And I'm out the deposit on the early victory party to mark an HPDP win

This sickly oldster won't tease us forever, mind.

• Like 1

wouldn't it be wierd if Bhumibol, Chirac and Peres all died on the same day !

It wouldn't. They die in threes anyways.

it was never going to happen let's face it ...

• Like 1

it was never going to happen let's face it ...

Aye, but if the King of Thailand tries to attend the funeral the effort will likely kill him

He's either on the mend from a recent respiratory illness or "gravely ill" with blood infections and renal problems, depending on which news story you want to believe. Nice to see such uniformity of news.

At this point, he's basically Schrodinger's Deathlist pick.

• Like 1

He's either on the mend from a recent respiratory illness or "gravely ill" with blood infections and renal problems, depending on which news story you want to believe. Nice to see such uniformity of news.

At this point, he's basically Schrodinger's Deathlist pick.

I'm going to assume the gravely ill option, mainly because there have only been 2 hits since I became a member in May and I'm starting to feel partially responsible! There has to be an 8th hit soon surely !

I wouldn't worry. There was 2 hits in the first five months I spent lurking on the website (to the point I didn't realise for several weeks that the second guy had been a hit!) but this was swiftly followed by 3 hits in a month. Then another dry patch was ended with 7 hits in 80 days. There's no science to it, but the list does tend to reach 10-14 by Hogmanay, by hook or crook.

I wouldn't worry. There was 2 hits in the first five months I spent lurking on the website (to the point I didn't realise for several weeks that the second guy had been a hit!) but this was swiftly followed by 3 hits in a month. Then another dry patch was ended with 7 hits in 80 days. There's no science to it, but the list does tend to reach 10-14 by Hogmanay, by hook or crook.

There's still a chance though that it may become another 2011, but I don't think it's likely. You have people such as Chirac and Adulyadej who could cark it at any moment.

He still not ducking dead

There's still a chance though that it may become another 2011, but I don't think it's likely. You have people such as Chirac and Adulyadej who could cark it at any moment.

And this guy. Still 90 odd dying days until the next start line.

• Like 2

They keep saying positive and negative things about Bhumibol's health. They dealt with some sort of lung infection, but his kidneys are still failing. Can't be too long now

They keep saying positive and negative things about Bhumibol's health. They dealt with some sort of lung infection, but his kidneys are still failing. Can't be too long now

Aye, it's that kind of Russian roulette death in which we're balancing terminal conditions against serious side effects of drugs.

Doubtless somewhere on earth there's a commercially available board game that does the same.

If he survives, I could see some of the top players sneaking him in for their DDP teams

If he survives, I could see some of the top players sneaking him in for their DDP teams

Shh - I was hoping for a unique pick

• Like 10

BBC News Channel reporting live that he is in an unstable condition following haemo-dialysis.

Ah, I see Reuters reported this hours ago.