Deathwatch Beetle

Bhumibol Adulyadej

Don't think you'll need to assassinate him - just take out his duracell bateries

Or mix up his pills

Thailands royal palace says 87-year-old King Bhumibol Adulyadej has recovered from a lung infection that had required him to be fed intravenously and use a machine to aid his breathing.

http://www.mb.com.ph/thai-royal-palace-says-king-recovers-from-lung-infection/

..... Well fuck.

Who wants to fly with me to Thailand and assassinate the old bastard?

Patience, patience Grasshopper. Remember Cardinal Francis George? The King will soon drop like a ripe piece of fruit.

Thailands royal palace says 87-year-old King Bhumibol Adulyadej has recovered from a lung infection that had required him to be fed intravenously and use a machine to aid his breathing.

..... Well fuck.

Patience, patience Grasshopper. Remember Cardinal Francis George? The King will soon drop like a ripe piece of fruit.

I hope you don't mean he will splat on the ground to be picked over by rats and starlings.....

..... Well fuck.

I hope you don't mean he will splat on the ground to be picked over by rats and starlings.....

No, they seem to think a lot of him in Thailand. I'm sure they'll pick him up.

..... Well fuck.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. There's a law in Thailand where you'll receive a custodial sentence if you speak out about the monarchy. Perhaps it's not that people think highly of him, but more that they're afraid to say what they truly think.

..... Well fuck.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. There's a law in Thailand where you'll receive a custodial sentence if you speak out about the monarchy. Perhaps it's not that people think highly of him, but more that they're afraid to say what they truly think.

Tongue Thai'd?

• Like 2

What happens if you refuse to sing the national anthem?

Interesting - Thailand has a National Anthem and a Royal Anthem. National Anthem still played twice a day I understand. Wiki indicates - though it's a dead link - that a citizen faced lese majeste charges for failing to stand for the Royal Anthem in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sansoen_Phra_Barami

• Like 1

What happens if you refuse to sing the national anthem?

Interesting - Thailand has a National Anthem and a Royal Anthem. National Anthem still played twice a day I understand. Wiki indicates - though it's a dead link - that a citizen faced lese majeste charges for failing to stand for the Royal Anthem in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sansoen_Phra_Barami

Apparently the link didn't stand for the Royal Anthem.

SC

..... Well fuck.

Tongue Thai'd?

possibly, but more shit scared than anything

One of the recent high-profile suspects of violating the lesémajeste law is now dead, suicide by hanging in his cell, or so they say:

http://www.voanews.com/content/suspect-in-thai-royal-defamation-case-dies-in-jail/3021961.html

The second of these three high-profile suspects is dead now:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34764619

Guest droosy

... too bad that people posting in this thread are denied entrance into Thailand...

... too bad that people posting in this thread are denied entrance into Thailand...

Then why did you post?

King Bhumibol Adulyadej makes rare appearance. In television footage released Monday by the palace he is seen swearing in judges at a Bangkok hospital where he has been staying.

_87210932_030576612-1.jpg

Palace officials did not give any further details of the king's health on Monday.

How would they know who's posting here?

How would they know who's posting here?

Big Brother is watching BB.

Well, I guess my following statement will qualify. I don't care. I don't think Thailand's authorities monitor this forum for content offending to their monarch, but should they do, I don't think they'll start legal procedures against foreigners they cannot reach. I don't intend to visit their, it must be said, attractive country.

I don't care about king Bhumibol. I don't love him, I don't hate him, I'm indifferent. I dislike monarchy as a form of government, but that changes little in the way I appreciate ruling monarchs: I care not. As for king Bhumibol's health: may it be as good as can be expected and he live as long as he wishes.

I leave you with the thought that critical of the government is not the same as lese majeste.

• Like 3

Well, I guess my following statement will qualify. I don't care. I don't think Thailand's authorities monitor this forum for content offending to their monarch, but should they do, I don't think they'll start legal procedures against foreigners they cannot reach. I don't intend to visit their, it must be said, attractive country.

I don't care about king Bhumibol. I don't love him, I don't hate him, I'm indifferent. I dislike monarchy as a form of government, but that changes little in the way I appreciate ruling monarchs: I care not. As for king Bhumibol's health: may it be as good as can be expected and he live as long as he wishes.

I leave you with the thought that critical of the government is not the same as lese majeste.

Back in the early ninties when I worked for a certain Nationalised Coal mining organisation we had some Chinese interns with us for a few months and they would spend time with us in the labs. Of course working from British Coal and criticizing the government of the day went hand in hand but this poor Chinese lad used to sit listening to us very nervously watching the door all the time. He later said that he was shocked about how we talked about our Government all the time in critical terms, people who do that in China ( he hesistated looking for the right word) .....disappear.

Made me think about the freedoms we have that we take for granted.

• Like 1

Well what's the worst that could happen to you back then?

There was no pits left to send you down.

Once Cameron abolishes the Human Rights Act and introduces a shoot to kill policy on our streets....well, I'll leave that with you.

Well what's the worst that could happen to you back then?

There was no pits left to send you down.

This was before the coal crisis.

I did get to go down a pit once.

Daw Mill near Coventry on the day Robert Maxwell died