Deathwatch Beetle

Bhumibol Adulyadej

Pun time: I think a good one is the King of Die-Land

The King is dead. Long live the king. RIP King Bhumibol.

9th hit for my personal DL.

• Like 1

7th hit for my DL. RIP my dignity for not being the holy Jesus death list.

Headline: "Ah, Phuket"

I'll drink to that. I'm having a MBai-Tai.

This fella is hanging by the skin of his teeth and has been for years, I doubt he will be included in next years list as most peeps don't know him but I live in Thailand and he can't last much longer he's got every illness under the sun. Please don't tell anyone my name or they will come for me in the middle of the night and ship me off to the Bangkok Hilton for etnerity!

I'm a bit worried about the thread starter actually. He never did post again after that day...

This fella is hanging by the skin of his teeth and has been for years, I doubt he will be included in next years list as most peeps don't know him but I live in Thailand and he can't last much longer he's got every illness under the sun. Please don't tell anyone my name or they will come for me in the middle of the night and ship me off to the Bangkok Hilton for etnerity!

I'm a bit worried about the thread starter actually. He never did post again after that day...

It was the shame of mis-spelling "eternity" that did it.

October 14th.

And don't forget to congratulate the winner of our sweepstakes, who was one day off of the correct date.

I'll Thai this to the news of Bob Dylan today for my pun.

"A Hard Reign's Gonna Fall".

• Like 1

RIP Bumhole Adultparty.

Burn in hell.

Well, this is my 10th Shadow List hit, and my 8th DDP hit - coming with an Unlucky 13 bonus!

• Like 1

If the queen dies of shock (stroke/heart), it'll be the end of another monarchy, technically it already is now. Doubt the son will do good.

King is dead, yet Zsa Zsa lives.

wouldn't it be wierd if Bhumibol, Chirac and Peres all died on the same day !

2 down, one to go ! any news about Chirac ?

R.I.P. King Bumble.

Hope the new boy doesn't cause too much trouble.

R.I.P. King Bumble.

If he does, they might just do away with the monarchy altogether (along with its highly anachronistic lèse-majesté laws) like they did in Nepal. (It'd be a good opportunity to do so since the new King is relatively unpopular, like Gyanendra was in Nepal.)

R.I.P. King Bumble.

Might as well hope that a bear defecates in a superloo. This isn't going to be a pretty few years for Thailand.

• Like 1

Argh, went for the 12th and just my luck he bit the shit on the 13th.

RIP Bhumibol.

Great, my 8th hit.

Considering he has had to live with the guilt his whole life, not only of accidentally killing his older brother, but also seeing 3 innocent people get executed for it, I'm quite surprised he made it this far.

Interesting times ahead for Thailand I guess. I kind of wanted him to live longer, so he'd achieve some kind of longevity record among monarchs. But Elizabeth II is an even better candidate for that.

Interesting times ahead for Thailand I guess. I kind of wanted him to live longer, so he'd achieve some kind of longevity record among monarchs. But Elizabeth II is an even better candidate for that.

Lizzy II is a much better candidate. She's in good health, had a mum who was a centenarian and she's still remarkably active. The only thing I don't know is whether Phil the Greek's death would erode her spirits.

Bhumibol was long overdue, you could see the senile look in his eyes, he was wheelchair-bound, had renal failure and persistent lung problems --clearly he couldn't linger on for much longer.

Headline: "Ah, Phuket"

I'll drink to that. I'm having a MBai-Tai.

Years ago I came across a man whose name was Phat Phuc. I still chuckle over it.

• Like 1

We should be grateful at least we don't have an ageing unpopular crown prince waiting to take over.........

• Like 3