Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

15 hours ago, bladan said:

Got it. And since life is a sexually transmitted disease, we are all fucked.

This conversation is a bit fucked up.

Vader hasn't updated twitter in a while... tweets from earlier indicate he was hospitalized, and received bad news. 

The great khaki returned . He done a backstage promo and he looks grey/ ashen looking . Also a bit confused. He also had a tumour removed in 2012 , seriously one to keep an eye on. Might be a bit of a gamble for next year but certainly doesn't look like someone with another 5 years in him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04SLmVeiq14

Ric Flair in hospital with "heart related issues". His PR team say not to worry. He's 68 now, coming rapidly close to my "he wont see 70" line.

Flair was apparently taken to an ICU after being admitted by his family but his management team hasn’t confirmed the details.

Flair’s rep released a brief statement:

“Yes, Ric is checked into a hospital for some routine monitoring. No, there is no reason to panic. Yes, we’d like to thank his fiancé & the incredible hospital staff who are providing the best care. No, we cannot answer any personal questions. Yes, Ric would want you to go out and have a great weekend … Nature Boy style!”

There's a lot of "prayers for..." and "you're not gonna let this beat you" tweets from wrestling figures for this if it's a routine procedure...

Yeah, tweets from his PR have gone from "nothing to worry about" to "please pray" very quickly.

PWinsider states that there is a lot of concern in the wrestling industry over Flair’s condition, and that different stories about Flair’s health being passed around, but nothing that has been confirmed. Flair suffers from Alcoholic cardiomyopathy, a condition caused by excessive, prolonged alcohol abuse that can lead to heart failure. When one suffers from the condition, the toxic effects of alcohol on the heart’s muscle can lead to a situation where the organ is unable to pump blood efficiently. (411mania)

If he gets through this, he is one of the half dozen American pro-wrestlers who feel Deathlisty. In a world where Jake the Snake made the list, of course, that number might be somewhat higher.

Jimmy Van @jimmyvan74

@FightfulOnline I'm told from sources close to the situation, as of this morning Ric Flair was in a medically induced coma.

8:44 am - 14 Aug 2017

I blatantly haven't a clue how to embed tweets. It's not as easy as their how to makes it look. Anyhow, induced coma for Flair.

Nevermind 

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Nevermind 

Sorely tempted to reply "Saw it, Roey", but I'm not that mean.

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Will he make it to Summerslam?

If he does, he'll see next year, imo. Or we'll have a pretty good idea of his prognosis.

Shades of Carrie?

I am not an expert on wrestling but who are the greatest former wrestlers still alive today ?

Well, jeez, Shaun, you'd probably get a different list off Spade or Chorizo, but imo, the greatest living retired wrestlers over the age of 60 are:

1931 – Dick "The Destroyer" Beyer,

1935 –  Bruno Sammartino

1940 – The Iron Sheik, Adrian Street,

1941 – Abdullah the Butcher (has Hep B), Pat Patterson, Dory Funk Jr

1942 –  Pedro Morales, Johnny Saint,  Ole Anderson, Mean Gene Okerlund

1943 – Antonio Inoki, Harley Race, Superstar Billy Graham

1944 – Jimmy Hart, Terry Funk, Rocky Johnson, Bobby Heenan,

1945 –  Vince McMahon

1946 – Gerry Brisco, Kendo Nagasaki

1949 –Ric Flair, Jerry Lawler, Bob Backlund, Stan Hansen, Don Muraco,  Paul Orndorff (said to be in very poor health now)

1950 – Greg Valentine

1951 – Jesse Ventura

1952 – Puppy Killing Jim Ross

1953 – Ricky Steamboat, Hulk Hogan

1954 – Ted Dibiase

1955 –,Vader, Jake "the Snake" Roberts

1956– DDP

1957 –  Bret Hart

Flair's widely considered the Greatest Of All Time, though I'd argue Terry Funk. Lawler's also a massive legend (ever seen the film Man on the Moon? If not, you should) and also no sold dying a few years ago, brought back after massive heart attack, refers to himself as the world's best zombie.

All would get QO obits these days.

• Like 3

Update on Ric Flair - condition critical, multiple organ problems.

He's flaring up!

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

I never saw Flair living to a ripe old age, he may pull through yet but he's never known where to draw the line. Like he always had to be The Man

Is it appropriate to start sweepstakes for Flair?

If so, 21st.

I say tomorrow, though realistically, he's probably already dead after the organ issues...

• Like 2

I'll say it's appropriate. I'm saying August 19th

On 14/08/2017 at 20:00, Shaun of the Dead said:

I am not an expert on wrestling but who are the greatest former wrestlers still alive today ?

Volk Han and Don Leo Jonathan.

I feel much the same as when news came out about Gerry Rafferty being on life support: saddened but not surprised in the slightest. Like Rafferty, Flair is a mercurial but flawed genius in his own art.

On the basis of wrestlers tendency to linger in this state, if this is the end for Flair, I'd say circa August 31st/start of September. Which would bring him close to the 9th anniversary of Killer Kowalski.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Volk Han and Don Leo Jonathan.

Damn, I knew I should have put "bet Spade says DLJ" into print because I had a feeling you'd name him.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Oh and New Jack.

:lol:

Ric Flair is out of coma. He may really survive this.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Ric Flair is out of coma. He may really survive this.

I hadn't realized he was in a coma. Heard he was in ICU. Last report I saw was that his health had "slightly improved".

• Like 1

Saw this on a wrestling forum.Bobby Heenan pulled out of an autograph signing event.

"

Unfortunately Bobby Heenan will not be able to join us for Totally Awesome Weekend. Bobby is currently immobile and unable to travel 1f641.png:( Please send out your prayers and positive vibes to him and his family.

And i would like to take this time to remind everyone how unique of an opportunity you have at events like ours. It's not everyday you get to meet a childhood hero, a legend, or someone you have been a fan of for years. Events like Fanboy Expo give you a shot at telling that story, shake that hand or take that cool picture. We are constantly reminded how fragile life is (even for a celebrity). So take advantage of it! You'll be so glad you did."

• Like 2