Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Bad ass mofo from the movie Bruce Lee "Enter the Dragon" Jim Kelly died at 67.jim-kelly-enter-the-dragon.jpg

• Like 1

Rowdy Roddy Piper and Ric Flair have participated in an episode Celebrity Wife Swap which is due to be screened this Sunday on ABC

Did Flair's marriage endure for the duration of the shoot?

Presumably. I may tune in to watch.

It must have been done a while ago, I can't imagine Flair would have been up for it of late, bearing in mind recent events

For the episode it was his current girlfriend who traded with Piper's wife. Both wrestlers seemed in good health, although if anything was to be taken from it, Flair is most likely to end up flat broke if he carries on spending the way he does. All of it seems to be in order to maintain his image, but I think a few money problems will surface very soon.

Rowdy Roddy Piper and Ric Flair have participated in an episode Celebrity Wife Swap which is due to be screened this Sunday on ABC

It must have been done a while ago, I can't imagine Flair would have been up for it of late, bearing in mind recent events

For the episode it was his current girlfriend who traded with Piper's wife. Both wrestlers seemed in good health, although if anything was to be taken from it, Flair is most likely to end up flat broke if he carries on spending the way he does. All of it seems to be in order to maintain his image, but I think a few money problems will surface very soon.

He's been having money problems for years, it emerged in 2005 that he owed $800,000 in back taxes to the IRS, plus maintenance payments towards 3 or 4 ex-wives. He's a 64 year old adolescent basically

He's been having money problems for years, it emerged in 2005 that he owed $800,000 in back taxes to the IRS, plus maintenance payments towards 3 or 4 ex-wives. He's a 64 year old adolescent basically

Well it hadn't put much of a curb on his spending. He still goes through at least $50k on a personal housekeeper, now to mention how much it costs to hire a nanny for his kids and he rarely eats at home.

Well it hadn't put much of a curb on his spending. He still goes through at least $50k on a personal housekeeper, now to mention how much it costs to hire a nanny for his kids and he rarely eats at home.

Pretty much what I expected, it's like he has to be the Nature Boy 24/7

RIP JIM,I wonder if he did notice?

RIP JIM,I wonder if he did notice?

Nah!

He was too busy looking good!

RIP Jim.

Marty_Jannetty_and_Doink.jpg

This was the last picture taken of Borne while he was alive. Lookin' good! And get a load of who's standing next to him!

Excellent piece in Deadspin today on Diamond Dallas Page's attempts to get fellow wrestlers off their addictions, most notably dead men walking Scott Hall and Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

He has done wonders really . He needs to get chyna and sunny (if she is not too busy posing in bed with her fans) on board.

The wwe should send wrestlers DDP rather than rehab .

Article missing a section where the journalist asks DDP: "So, when your wife and Eric Bischoff's wife used to lez out in hotel rooms with you two jacking off over them, what was all that about?"

I still hope that DDP Yoga works twice as well if you partake in it while wearing a joker's cap.

Corey Maclin, one of the 50,000 people who claimed a right to ownership of the Memphis Wrestling federation name/video library, and a long-time promoter/commentator/personality in the territory, dead in a car accident at 43.

Kurt Angle

Arrested for another DWI,his 4th in the last 6 years. Now checking himself into rehab.

Could see him dying in another 5-10 years.

Irish wrestler Johhny Howard, known as Rasputin, The Mad Monk has died.

He was a World of Sport regular back in the good old days.

See him in action

IWS-MS founder and general all round sod, Ian Rotten, has stomach cancer. Obit chances approx 0%, unless he really goes crazy.

I recently watched a brief documentary (could have been Bryant Gumbel) with Scott and Jake Roberts living with Dallas Page in rehab (No Nash). They claimed Jake Roberts should have died sixteen times but he seemed very well. Scott Hall was drinking vodka for breakfast but now is doing yoga.

I recently watched a brief documentary (could have been Bryant Gumbel) with Scott and Jake Roberts living with Dallas Page in rehab (No Nash). They claimed Jake Roberts should have died sixteen times but he seemed very well. Scott Hall was drinking vodka for breakfast but now is doing yoga.

Yeah that's been going on for a while, has achieved real results with both of them is amazing

IWS-MS founder and general all round sod, Ian Rotten, has stomach cancer. Obit chances approx 0%, unless he really goes crazy.

Ian Rotten saying he has stomach cancer is a very different thing for him actually having stomach cancer. Look forward to 90 benefit shows in the next year.

According to what Ric Flair said in a podcast Nick Bockwinkel (78) has Alzheimers

Obit chances I would think are probable cause he was one of the 2-3 biggest stars in North America during his heyday and was elected to the WWE Hall Of Fame despite never wrestling for the company.

This is a few days old now, but since no other DLer who likes (or used to like.....) wrestling has posted it, I thought someone should mention the fact that Jim Ross - yes, good old J.R. - has, uhhh... "retired" from WWE.

or, in reality, the former best commentator ever, J.R., has been been fired from his ceremonial/honorary/get paid just for being that awesome guy who used to shout "STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD" role in WWE because he failed to control a drunken Ric Flair at some WWE promotional evening for their latest videogame. Apparently he (Flair) went off on a massive drunken ramble and mentioned something about how John Cena "never drank before he met me but now he drinks a six-pack a day". I guess Flair must have violated some rule where it's against policy to suggest John Cena might do anything interesting or fun ever. And hence, J.R. has paid the price.

Surely this can only be good for J.R.'s health. Having to pretend to be interested in the goings on in the moribund world of WWE for the purposes of his blog/maintaining good relations with Vince must have been so unpleasant that it was probably stressful. I really hope he goes and works for TNA now and perhaps resumes his role as a talent scout. Or just takes some kind of other backstage role. I know it's pretty long odds but if anyone's influence can turn TNA into a better show and start rescuscitating the world of professional wrestling, it's his.

This is a few days old now, but since no other DLer who likes (or used to like.....) wrestling has posted it, I thought someone should mention the fact that Jim Ross - yes, good old J.R. - has, uhhh... "retired" from WWE.

or, in reality, the former best commentator ever, J.R., has been been fired from his ceremonial/honorary/get paid just for being that awesome guy who used to shout "STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD" role in WWE because he failed to control a drunken Ric Flair at some WWE promotional evening for their latest videogame. Apparently he (Flair) went off on a massive drunken ramble and mentioned something about how John Cena "never drank before he met me but now he drinks a six-pack a day". I guess Flair must have violated some rule where it's against policy to suggest John Cena might do anything interesting or fun ever. And hence, J.R. has paid the price.

Surely this can only be good for J.R.'s health. Having to pretend to be interested in the goings on in the moribund world of WWE for the purposes of his blog/maintaining good relations with Vince must have been so unpleasant that it was probably stressful. I really hope he goes and works for TNA now and perhaps resumes his role as a talent scout. Or just takes some kind of other backstage role. I know it's pretty long odds but if anyone's influence can turn TNA into a better show and start rescuscitating the world of professional wrestling, it's his.

Though WWE may not be awe-inspiring very often these days, it remains highly profitable. Hardly what I'd call 'moribund'. TNA on the other hand...

Though WWE may not be awe-inspiring very often these days, it remains highly profitable. Hardly what I'd call 'moribund'. TNA on the other hand...

I meant moribund in terms of entertainment on offer. I know they somehow make money from it.... you don't need to remind me, I've sent numerous letters to CERN asking them to investigate how that's actually possible.