weatherman90

Nancy Reagan

To be fair they are of the generation where you could easily have 40 or 50 cousins. So it's less impressive.

Aye, but a lot are only known as time passes.Guaranteed you'll find out about a few extra cousins in the next decade or so.

What's the stat for grandparents? Even money that one isn't the one you call 'gran'/'gramps' I think.

I assume you mean of Clive Dunn and Gretchlen Franklin, unless I've got some seriously bizarre family secrets... :scratchhead:

Nah, was meaning you :) , no slur intended.There really was a study done re DNA tests on grandparents and it was around evens one out the four isn't who you think they are (that gives 2 generations to have played away, a chance).

Think I was 15-16 when an uncle became a cousin , funerals are good for that. Plus the real uncle that was getting planted that day.....a copper fae Inverness turned up and took a cord :lol: , that one was down to the milkmaid apparently.

One funeral, two extra cousins.

So your parent's brother was actually a parent's siblings son? Weird.

Sorry for the cynicism but you do have a source for this - the stat? I'm 99% certain it wouldn't apply in my case, but the stats interesting.

Regarding the bit in italics - can you translate it to English?

'Took a cord' ? It's when they lower the coffin down, relatives usually get the gig of lowering it with ropes. Cunt nobody had heard of before turned up at funeral and was given one. Farming uncle had got the milkmaid up the duff 50 years ago, drop of cash and a 'fuck off'. Think it was prevalent type of thing back then for the God botherers.

Stat was from a radio prog a couple of years back, I've never looked for it but I would imagine it to be fair enough. It came about from the surge in family tree research and the sheer volume of folk getting a shock

To be fair they are of the generation where you could easily have 40 or 50 cousins. So it's less impressive.

Aye, but a lot are only known as time passes.Guaranteed you'll find out about a few extra cousins in the next decade or so.

What's the stat for grandparents? Even money that one isn't the one you call 'gran'/'gramps' I think.

I assume you mean of Clive Dunn and Gretchlen Franklin, unless I've got some seriously bizarre family secrets... :scratchhead:

Nah, was meaning you :) , no slur intended.There really was a study done re DNA tests on grandparents and it was around evens one out the four isn't who you think they are (that gives 2 generations to have played away, a chance).

Think I was 15-16 when an uncle became a cousin , funerals are good for that. Plus the real uncle that was getting planted that day.....a copper fae Inverness turned up and took a cord :lol: , that one was down to the milkmaid apparently.

One funeral, two extra cousins.

So your parent's brother was actually a parent's siblings son? Weird.

Sorry for the cynicism but you do have a source for this - the stat? I'm 99% certain it wouldn't apply in my case, but the stats interesting.

Regarding the bit in italics - can you translate it to English?

'Took a cord' ? It's when they lower the coffin down, relatives usually get the gig of lowering it with ropes. Cunt nobody had heard of before turned up at funeral and was given one. Farming uncle had got the milkmaid up the duff 50 years ago, drop of cash and a 'fuck off'. Think it was prevalent type of thing back then for the God botherers.

Stat was from a radio prog a couple of years back, I've never looked for it but I would imagine it to be fair enough. It came about from the surge in family tree research and the sheer volume of folk getting a shock

A lot of that could've been down to shitty family research or confusion. I've got relatives a few generation back who are all clustered around a similar area to a different family with the same surname, if you don't have full access to the records (which you have to pay for) you can often make assumptions that XXX of unrelated family is XX of your family. Most people can't afford to order the birth certificates so jump to these conclusions.

someone is surely going to die in the lead up to election.

George Bush snr

Jimmy Carter

Nancy Reagan

who else is out there and tettering on the brink

Bob Dole

Henry Kissenger

Walter Mondale

George P Schultz

Barbara Bush

Well that's one...

Reckon at least one more will die before November 8th.

Jimmy's cancer must've weakened him, Daddy Bush looks like a corpse already. And there's a bunch more in their 90s like Kissinger, Dole, etc.

My 3rd hit on the DDP. just when I thought I was in for a quiet year.

Classy lady. RIP.
Chose her last year as hit #7 or summat. Since then I kinda thought she was safe till next year.

SC

This is ridiculous. My second pick from last year, along with Pahlavi, that I removed just in time for their death.

Of all of the responses to Trump from within the Republican Party, Nancy Reagan's has been the best.

http://nationalreport.net/nancys-reagans-last-words-not-vote-donald-trump/

As much as I don't symphatize with Trump, and agree that he lacks both the decency and the mental faculties necessary for the job he aspires to, the allegation that his behaviour (during the primaries) might have hastened Nancy's death seems a bit... ridiculous.
  • Like 2

Of all of the responses to Trump from within the Republican Party, Nancy Reagan's has been the best.

http://nationalreport.net/nancys-reagans-last-words-not-vote-donald-trump/

As much as I don't symphatize with Trump, and agree that he lacks both the decency and the mental faculties necessary for the job he aspires to, the allegation that his behaviour (during the primaries) might have hastened Nancy's death seems a bit... ridiculous.

Article has been deemed a hoax. Although I still think it's possible that her demise could have been hastened by a feeling of all hope lost.

In some cases you've had the current GOP forerunners bickering amongst each other over whose policies are in the spirit of Ronnie while it's obvious to all those watching that none of them have anything in common (with the exception that they are Republicans) with Ronnie Reagan.

• Like 1

Should be some good form studying. Carter and HW will almost certainly want to be there so a no show would be significant. Bob Dole, Henry Kissinger and the rest of the American Establishment.

• Like 3

Wonder if they'll mention the following:

1. Her rep as the blowjob queen of Hollywood.

2. How much money the US taxpayer paid in taxes for her to maintain her lifestyle choices.

3. Her record on HIV/AIDS and minority rights.

None of the above, I'm sure.

• Like 3

2. How much money the US taxpayer paid in taxes for her to maintain her lifestyle choices.

What amused me on the BBC Obit was how she 'gained a new purpose' after her husband's death 'promoting the use of stem cell research in the bid to find cures for diseases such as Alzheimer's.'

Amazing how many of these conservatives are utterly opposed to these things their entire lives, but when it can directly help their own then suddenly they become converts...

• Like 1

What amused me on the BBC Obit was how she 'gained a new purpose' after her husband's death 'promoting the use of stem cell research in the bid to find cures for diseases such as Alzheimer's.'

Amazing how many of these conservatives are utterly opposed to these things their entire lives, but when it can directly help their own then suddenly they become converts...

Actually Nancy Reagan disagreed with her husbands anti abortion pro life stance and said so in numerous interviews quite near the time. Stem cell research looking for cures or more realistic better treatments for certain conditions didn't really become a viable live issue until 1998-1999 a decade after the Reagan's left office.

But as I said Nancy was never anti abortion so she's not really exhibiting double standards.

Actually Nancy Reagan disagreed with her husbands anti abortion pro life stance and said so in numerous interviews quite near the time. Stem cell research looking for cures or more realistic better treatments for certain conditions didn't really become a viable live issue until 1998-1999 a decade after the Reagan's left office.

But as I said Nancy was never anti abortion so she's not really exhibiting double standards.

I stand corrected. I can find internet evidence supporting your point from the '90s. Though she was anti-abortion, she was also pro-choice (and no Republicans, that's not a contradiction - you can personally disapprove of abortion but believe it is not your job to decide for all women - imagine that!)

• Like 1

Nancy was another one of the many fab lasses who made the 80s so good to live through

Let's face it though she can't really compete with the #1 in our hearts:

Margaret-Thatcher-in-a-British-Bikini--1

Guest Guest

Barbara Bush was the only current or former first lady not to attend Nancy Reagans funeral today. Can we deduce anything significant from that?

Barbara Bush was the only current or former first lady not to attend Nancy Reagans funeral today. Can we deduce anything significant from that?

She seems to be in fine health recently, and I know she was on the guest list as was George H.W. Bush.

I'm sure an official statement will be released soon.

If she could drag her old, saggy ass across South Carolina to campaign for Jeb even though it was fucking pointless cause nobody voted for him, then she can sit down for a fucking funeral.

I reckon it's cause Barb never liked Nancy, from what I heard.

According to People magazine, the '43s' (aka W and Laura) 'represented the family'. I'd say it was because HW has taken a turn for the worse, but he was throwing baseballs from his wheelchair last week. Both have been seen in public more than once since the turn of the year. Hard to imagine there was anything wrong with Barbara though, but as the link suggests, she was never intending to come. I'd be inclined to agree that it is as RadGuy suggests but it seems a pretty big and public middle finger that doesn't sound like the move of a career politician, even if they are now long since retired.

Full People article: http://www.people.com/article/first-ladies-nancy-reagan-funeral

Guest John

I've only just found out about her death. I thought she had died about ten years ago!

Guest Attaboy

So sick and tired of hearing about her "love affair" with her dearest Ronnie. Now they can lay and decompose together. Now the "love affair" can continue as the rot!

• Like 1

Just out of interest.

Her sister in law, Patricia Davis, died back in February: https://www.inquirer.com/obituaries/patricia-davis-nurse-nancy-reagan-obituary-20210226.html

And now her brother (and husband of the aforementioned Patricia), Richard A Davis, has died: https://www.inquirer.com/obituaries/richard-davis-neurosurgeon-brain-operate-professor-golf-president-first-lady-20210514.html

• Like 2