DevonDeathTrip

The Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Thread

This revival of the thread reminded me, I meant to post the death of UFO witness Lonnie Zamora a couple of months back.

Was just off to bed to catch some ZZZZZZ's as this thread caught my eye.

First Z name to enter my head was Lena Zavaroni.

WOW..that name is a blast from the past i thought. Wonder what she is up to now? Let's have a see what wiki says.

Lena died from Anorexia in 1999. She was also caught stealing a 50p pack of Jelly early in 1999. If she had got away with that act of theft she may have eaten the jelly and be with us today.

She may also have got together with her childhood friend Bonnie Langford and remade Lena & Bonnie

Goodnight.

Was just off to bed to catch some ZZZZZZ's as this thread caught my eye.

First Z name to enter my head was Lena Zavaroni.

WOW..that name is a blast from the past i thought. Wonder what she is up to now? Let's have a see what wiki says.

Lena died from Anorexia in 1999. She was also caught stealing a 50p pack of Jelly early in 1999. If she had got away with that act of theft she may have eaten the jelly and be with us today.

She may also have got together with her childhood friend Bonnie Langford and remade Lena & Bonnie

Goodnight.

Bonnie Langford - now there is one for a "wish list"

One worthy mention would be former mid-card wrestler Tom 'Z-Man' Zenk, who wrestled for the WWF and WCW in the 80s and early 90s. Retired in 1996 now aged 52, worth keeping in mind due to the high mortality rate among wrestlers, believe he was among those subpoenaed to testify at Vince McMahon's steroid distribution trial in 1994...

Though imagine it is rather unlikely his passing would generate any UK media coverage, apart from maybe in the Sun

Guest stud guy

Sad to report the death of a good friend of my mum's, the author Louise Cochrane, who packed a hell of a lot into her 93 years, but was probably most well-known for writing the stories for Rag, Tag and Bobtail, a BBC kids programme from before all of us, even Godot, were born. Amongst about a million other things, as the obit makes clear; the sort of person that makes me rather ashamed of my own pitiful efforts at enhancing the experience of my fellow man. Ahem, so far.

And no, I didn't pick her for any deadpools.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Some plausible Z picks

http://www.sampsonia...ro-leon-zapata/

Pedro Leon Zapata born 1929

Venezuelan artist, Cartoonist and satarist in Venezuela who has been working with the El Nacional newspaper since 1967

Possibly could get a UK Obit because he recieved some international attention a decade ago for his criticism of Chavez

http://www.pabloziegler.com/

Pablo Ziegler born 1944

Argentina/NY Based Latin Grammy Winning Composer

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0957976/

China Zorilla born 1922

Uruguay's most celebrated actress

Is on a stamp in her country

a possibility for consideration the 80 odd year old Zizi Jeanmaire who was the love interest in Danny Kayes Hans Christian Anderson...to be honest I had thought Zizi was her surname but decided to mention her in this thread anyway.

a possibility for consideration the 80 odd year old Zizi Jeanmaire who was the love interest in Danny Kayes Hans Christian Anderson...to be honest I had thought Zizi was her surname but decided to mention her in this thread anyway.

You talk like Marlene Dietrich

And you dance like Zizi Jeanmaire

Your clothes are all made by Balmain

And there’s diamonds and pearls in your hair

- Peter Sarstedt, Where Do You Go To My Lovely

You talk like Marlene Dietrich

And you dance like Zizi Jeanmaire

Your clothes are all made by Balmain

And there’s diamonds and pearls in your hair

- Peter Sarstedt, Where Do You Go To My Lovely

This was number 1 44 years ago today!!

• Like 1

How about George Zimmerman now he has been acquitted , I'm guessing there will be alot of angry black people out to get him.

I haven't really followed the case closely so i don't know if many black people will think he is innocent too though.

American Olympic athlete and WWII POW Louis Zamperini, currently aged 92, would get American obits, but not likely British ones.

Dead at 97. I assume the changing face of online journalism and the movie they've made of him in the past five years will safely see him get the Daily Mail obit.

Here's a few.Billy Zane an American actor apparently, Helmut Zacharias who wrote the theme music for the Tokyo Olympics and of course Zager and Evans,famous for the song about 2525. Thereis also a bloke called George Zamfir who played the musical pipes

American Olympic athlete and WWII POW Louis Zamperini, currently aged 92, would get American obits, but not likely British ones.

Dead at 97. I assume the changing face of online journalism and the movie they've made of him in the past five years will safely see him get the Daily Mail obit.

Hell, Radio Four's two main news bulletins tonight featured him. Dead pool points easily achieved, assuming anyone had him, then.

Mail? Independent!
  • Like 1

Darrell Zwerling Charecter actor who played Faye Dunaways husband in Chinatown

Died at 86 back in April but it is just being reported in the last week

Ian Ziering?

Hans Zimmerman?

Zach Braff?

Zachary Quinto?

Zach Galifianakis?

Do the count?

Typeface designer Hermann Zapf

Children's writer and editor Charlotte Zolotow

Out of the two Zapf is probably more famous.

Hermann Zapf reported dead, 96. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1307403978/the-hermann-zapf-sketchbook-project/posts/1253557?ref=backer_project_update

Edit: And he gets a BBC mention here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/entertainment-arts-32934715

Ian Ziering?

Hans Zimmerman?

Zach Braff?

Zachary Quinto?

Zach Galifianakis?

Do the count?

Yeah but given all their ages they might not be relevant to deathpools of any kind for decades.

George Zimmerman has decided to sell Confederate flag artwork to help pay legal fees for himself and a Florida gun store owner who recently declared his business a "Halibut-free zone".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33979927

George Zimmerman has decided to sell Confederate flag artwork to help pay legal fees for himself and a Florida gun store owner who recently declared his business a "Halibut-free zone".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33979927

But otherwise a non-racist.