Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

If I outlive these POS people that get posted am I better than them.  God says yes, SirC, I want you around longer than that hot garbage DNA.  Thank you God for choosing ME over anyone who died before reaching 60.  I’m awesome!

SC

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It's pride month, which is a great time to show solidarity and support. It's a fabulous time when we recognise diversity, and embrace the beauty of who we are. Of course, it can also bring out the very worst in people, and I decided this year that if I am going to have to witness the horrible comments, I might as well make a game out of it. I present to you bigotry bingo. Feel free to play it yourselves, if you so wish.

Pride bingo.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Master Obit said:

It's pride month, which is a great time to show solidarity and support. It's a fabulous time where we recognise diversity, and embrace the beauty of who we are. Of course, it can also bring out the very worst in people, and I decided this year that if I am going to have to witness the horrible comments, I might as well make a game out of it. I present to you bigotry bingo. Feel free to play it yourselves, if you so wish.

Pride bingo.jpg

For a laugh, I once read one of these "celebs you didn't know were gay" articles. It had Elton John as No.1.

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, TQR said:

For a laugh, I once read one of these "celebs you didn't know were gay" articles. It had Elton John as No.1.

Ahahahaha, who did it have as #2? Julian Clary?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Master Obit said:

It's pride month, which is a great time to show solidarity and support. It's a fabulous time when we recognise diversity, and embrace the beauty of who we are. Of course, it can also bring out the very worst in people, and I decided this year that if I am going to have to witness the horrible comments, I might as well make a game out of it. I present to you bigotry bingo. Feel free to play it yourselves, if you so wish.

Pride bingo.jpg

Bingo already :shock: I walked for 6 hours yesterday and find myself desperately wanting to touch grass again. It's worse now than in 2016. Call me triggered all you want.

Do I qualify as a bigot if I respectfully ask why this gets a whole month while every other section of the community that merits recognition only gets a day?

Mothers, fathers, veterans, teachers, Robert Burns, etc.  Apparent;y today is National Cancer Survivor’s Day.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Do I qualify as a bigot if I respectfully ask why this gets a whole month while every other section of the community that merits recognition only gets a day?

Mothers, fathers, veterans, teachers, Robert Burns, etc

Teachers? Is there a day? I fucking hope not. As for mothers and fathers,. Spare me. When I find out who they are, they are meat. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

Mothers, fathers, veterans, teachers, Robert Burns, etc.  Apparent;y today is National Cancer Survivor’s Day.

Yeah it's a great shame that being a teacher is illegal in so many countries, and you should see the looks I get when I mention I support Robert Burns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

To give a more thorough answer to this:

Pride month is about celebrating diversity, and accepting who we are. It's very important for a lot of people because there are still so many places where they are discriminated against, and many have been rejected for simply loving who they love, or having the confidence to identify as who they are. It's obviously marvellous that we've got mothers, fathers, veterans, teachers, and even Robert Burns fan clubs, but in terms of the magnitude of historical (and current) oppression, I'm not sure they're quite so in need of a month to stress the message of the importance of tolerance. Nobody is taking away from their importance, or the right of an individual to feel proud of the work they do or the contribution they have made to society, but while we still have colossal discrimination on a global scale against people for simply loving someone or identifying how they feel, it is so vital that there is devotion to putting forth the message of tolerance.

Pride month doesn't mean you can't still be a teacher, a Robert Burns fan, or even a Homes Under the Hammer watcher. It's a time to keep in mind that being yourself, and being allowed to be yourself, is paramount. 

Also, the very idea of a whole month of people singing that fecking Auld Lang Syne has made all the milk in my fridge curdle in horror.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Toast said:

Having just finished mowing my lawn after No Mow May you would at least think the LGBTQ+ community deserve almost as much* as  bunch of shiftless insects who don't even pay tax

* May is of course one day longer than June

1 hour ago, Master Obit said:

To give a more thorough answer to this:

Pride month is about celebrating diversity, and accepting who we are. It's very important for a lot of people because there are still so many places where they are discriminated against, and many have been rejected for simply loving who they love, or having the confidence to identify as who they are. It's obviously marvellous that we've got mothers, fathers, veterans, teachers, and even Robert Burns fan clubs, but in terms of the magnitude of historical (and current) oppression, I'm not sure they're quite so in need of a month to stress the message of the importance of tolerance. Nobody is taking away from their importance, or the right of an individual to feel proud of the work they do or the contribution they have made to society, but while we still have colossal discrimination on a global scale against people for simply loving someone or identifying how they feel, it is so vital that there is devotion to putting forth the message of tolerance.

Pride month doesn't mean you can't still be a teacher, a Robert Burns fan, or even a Homes Under the Hammer watcher. It's a time to keep in mind that being yourself, and being allowed to be yourself, is paramount. 

Also, the very idea of a whole month of people singing that fecking Auld Lang Syne has made all the milk in my fridge curdle in horror.

Aha, so it's for straight people as well?  That's good to know.

42 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Having just finished mowing my lawn after No Mow May you would at least think the LGBTQ+ community deserve almost as much* as  bunch of shirtless insects who don't even pay tax

I've just done mine too. 

However I have a different approach. I designate various tracts as No Mow Spring and Summer, and mow wide paths around and among them, creating little islands of wildness.

As long as the paths are kept mown short, it doesn't look untidy, just interesting.  And it takes a lot less time than mowing the lot.

At the beginning of autumn it all gets strimmed down, except one little patch for the critters.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

No we have taken the unanimous decision to ban straight people this year. Sorry. 

As part of this, we're renaming Homes Under the Hammer to Homos Under the Hammer for the month of June, and it's going to show particularly kinky BDSM scenes instead of auctions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

All my straight friends loved going to Pride. One of them even managed to pull a person of the opposite gender, thus leading them to leave early.

I, on the other hand, have never pulled at Pride. Had fun though, and even worked a couple of events.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

All my straight friends loved going to Pride. One of them even managed to pull a person of the opposite gender, thus leading them to leave early.

Plenty of Bis at Pride!

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Which box am I ticking off bingo for this, btw: "When's straight pride?" or "Proud to be STRAIGHT"?

Tell you what, have a straight pride month when my husband-to-be and I don't have to check what the local LGBT+ laws & attitudes are if we want to visit a foreign country we've not yet been to. Not trying to get shirty, just saying like.

• Like 3

I thought the bingo box thing was a wee bit disingenuous really, possibly as with others of this type many of them are for humourous purposes.

It just seems to list everything that might be said, that doesn't necessarily mean it's invalid though, merely that it might be said.

The implication is that by being listed it is invalid which I think is unproven.

Still it was quite amusing nonetheless.

Also, I've no idea of the proportion of any sexual subset in society, but there seems to be a high correlation of non-straight, attracted to deathpooling simply because the posters on this site of non (normal? straight? cis? whatever word) seem to me to be way higher than I meet in genpop.

Though of course there may be any number of things influencing that, not least that genpop doesnt wear badges.

Before I get jumped on this is merely a curiosity really, not a complaint (find that in your boxes :)).

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I thought the bingo box thing was a wee bit disingenous really, possibly as with others of this type many of them are for humourous purposes.

It just seems to list everything that might be said, that doesn't necessarily mean it's invalid though, merely that it might be said.

The implication is that by being listed it is invalid which I think is unproven.

Still it was quite amusing nonetheless.

Also, I've no idea of the proportion of any sexual subset in society, but there seems to be a high correlation of non-straight, attracted to deathpooling simply because the posters on this site of non (normal? straight? cis? whatever word) seem to me to be way higher than I meet in genpop.

Though of course there may be any number of things influencing that, not least that genpop doesnt wear badges.

Before I get jumped on this is merely a curiosity really, not a complaint (find that in your boxes :)).

1) It's a bit of fun, in no way intended to be a seriously competitive game. However, it's quite sad that you could near enough get a full house very easily.

2) Definitely appears to be, as with a couple of other communities I frequent. However, it may also be confirmation bias at play.

3) If you want to get jumped on, I'm sure it can be arranged. 

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Having just finished mowing my lawn after No Mow May you would at least think the LGBTQ+ community deserve almost as much

That's a fair point.

I promise not to run over any gay people with my lawnmower for the entire month of June.

But be warned - come July 1st, its open season!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

you would at least think the LGBTQ+ community deserve almost as much as  bunch of shirtless insects who don't even pay tax

Also, that is a touch harsh!

Image result for image prince william topless

Prince William Shirtless: Photo 232931 | Prince William, Shirtless ...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Toast said:

You are many things, Toasty, but a bigot is not one of them. List of month-long observances

As you can see, the month of June represents many other things. I don't believe the creation of observances is regulated. Today you could cook a rotisserie chicken in honour of National Rotisserie Chicken Day, and gift:tomatododge: give it to your dentist in honour of National I Love My Dentist Day. Bloody dentists. They're already in the middle of National Smile Month. Don't they get paid enough already?

I don't think there's anything wrong with people from these communities celebrating something near and dear to them every year. What I do have a problem with is the disjointed, soulless pandering of multinational companies.

Supporting Pride a decade ago was a bold stance. Same-sex marriage wasn't fully legal in the UK or the US, and public opinion was divided. Nowadays, it does more harm than good. The small minority of raging homophobes flock to M&S's uncaptioned Facebook photo of an intersectional flag, and spew hate. I can say from experience that they treat their queer employees pretty well and allow them to have blue hair. The problem is that the social media manager follows orders from head office to post a pride flag like all the other FTSE 100 companies, and they have nothing else to say. Saying "I support queer people!!" doesn't garner applause.

It annoys me, too, when companies use queer people for advertising then throw them under the bus when bigots abuse the person online and threaten to boycott the company. See the whole Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light debacle. Bud Light sent Dylan a single can with her face on it, then failed to address claims that they were putting her face on all their cans to further the trans agenda. This year they haven't rainbow-ified their profile picture. Good. I wish more companies would stop lying about being wonderful allies.

• Like 3

Fair points, Clorox, and thank you for your kind words.

Also for drawing my attention to July being National Ice Cream Month.  Now that is something to celebrate.

• Like 2

Who cares? If the mothers want a Mothers Day, let them.  If the fathers want a Fathers Day, let them.  If the cancer beaters want a Cancer Beaters Day, let them.  If the gays want a Gays Day, let them.  If the pancakes want a Pancake Day, let them.  If you (a general ‘you’, not anyone specific) are not one of the people the particular day is aimed at, it probably has absolutely no effect on your life on that day, so what does it matter?  

• Like 7

Just about to board a plane at Heathrow to Vienna for work

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Just about to board a plane at Heathrow to Vienna for work

They can't get enough of those ezee -roll-castors in Austria.

No worries about the runway not being long enough this time though.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2024 at 00:16, Toast said:

Fair points, Clorox, and thank you for your kind words.

Also for drawing my attention to July being National Ice Cream Month.  Now that is something to celebrate.

Why do sweet toothed people get a whole month. I don't like ice cream. When is National Crisps or savoury snacks month? 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1