Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

31 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

David Davis , sir Graham Brady , sir Desmond Dwayne , Steve baker I hope these are the choices for leader rather than , Patel , sunak , gove ,hunt and the rest of the pro covid restrictions ,pro lockdown anti-freedom wankers. A back bench PM is needed.

Can Sir Graham Brady run if he's the chairman of the 1922 committee?

Don't think he's remotely interested (after the last abortive attempt). That said, you're making a good point - part of the Bojo problem is that whilst he lacks anything you might call Johnsonism as a clear political philosophy he has united a hugely divided party to the point they've got a thumping majority. A back bench leader risks them going the way of labour under Jezza, one of those already running but undeclared risks them getting behind a clear philosophy that distances a significant bunch of the existing party and current support and hanging onto Bojo risks more chaos. If he survives the dreaded vote their own rules pretty much give him a year unchallenged and fuck knows how far they could sink if he offered up a year of the same "leadership" (or maybe leadershit is a better word). 

If you park any concerns about the country, economy or lives lost it's top-line entertainment

• Like 3

Covid cases have risen the last three days in England (and tomorrow will likely be the first week on week rise if it continues) so Boris might not get as much positive headlines out of dropping masks as he would have liked. When the luck on things like that doesn’t happen your PM ship is over 

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Covid cases have risen the last three days in England (and tomorrow will likely be the first week on week rise if it continues) so Boris might not get as much positive headlines out of dropping masks as he would have liked. When the luck on things like that doesn’t happen your PM ship is over 

Aye, it's enough to drive you to the wine fridge, eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Or the wine suitcase.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hopefully the wine cellar . If While he's in there if they could chain and lock it behind him, that would be great.

Has the actions of the Johnson regime damaged UK democracy?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Yes  although it was already pretty damaged.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Yes, but not the ones you're talking about. Practice what you preach and lead by example. Boris said in the House of Commons he takes full responsibility for what goes on in his government. On that measure alone, he should resign.

• Like 3

The daily Mail, express and the Sun  are strongly backing Boris today and there are also reports  that letters have been withdrawn. Looks like he might survive for quite a while longer. 

With WW3 possibly coming he might still have his chance to be a proper wartime leader.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Toast said:

Yes, he's a total toothbrush.  An utter face flannel. 

(Still waiting for someone to explain why Americans use "douche bag" as an insult.)

I can always say Boris is a cunt. 

Douche bag came to my mind at that moment haha. 

7 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

The daily Mail, express and the Sun  are strongly backing Boris today and there are also reports  that letters have been withdrawn. Looks like he might survive for quite a while longer. 

With WW3 possibly coming he might still have his chance to be a proper wartime leader.

Aye, the support borders on the surreal: if he stays and keeps on dragging us into a very Boris Johnson state of affairs it'll be entertaining to see how long these papers can keep reinventing reality to support him. They'll manage it though. 

_122905552_dailymail-nc.png

• Facepalm 2

Yeah, soon we shall be seeing them looking back on Jimmy Savile and declaring that, even though he was one of the most prolific paedophiles, necrophiliacs and all round sexual offenders the country has ever had, we shouldn't  forget about all the millions he raised for charity and, without him, Stoke Mandeville's would still be a lump of derelict land. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Worth pointing out that china will absolutely move on Taiwan if there's a full blown war in Ukraine, it's the perfect distraction. 

We could be back in lockdown for different reasons come later in the year. I fully believe Russia will invade Ukraine, in all honesty I just hope the UK doesn't respond.

An alternative is Russia sends in soldiers disguised as rebels again and that would mean Russia gets their invasion and the west doesn't have to respond. Big chunks of Ukraine are already under russian control ,maybe splitting Ukraine into two countries could be a peaceful solution. Russian majority areas and Crimea one country west Ukraine another.

5 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Worth pointing out that china will absolutely move on Taiwan if there's a full blown war in Ukraine, it's the perfect distraction. 

We could be back in lockdown for different reasons come later in the year. I fully believe Russia will invade Ukraine, in all honesty I just hope the UK doesn't respond.

An alternative is Russia sends in soldiers disguised as rebels again and that would mean Russia gets their invasion and the west doesn't have to respond. Big chunks of Ukraine are already under russian control ,maybe splitting Ukraine into two countries could be a peaceful solution. Russian majority areas and Crimea one country west Ukraine another.

I disagree. Russia is almost certain to move into Ukraine in some form or another. President Biden said as much yesterday during his press conference 

China v Taiwan is a whole other beast and not nearly as simple. Geopolitics is a hobby of mine. I'd be willing to discuss why I think so if you're interested, it's something I've done plenty of research on. 

• Facepalm 1

So if China or Russia start WW3 Daily Mail happy as long as Boris Johnson stays in charge.Think Boris Karloff would make much better leader

On 20/01/2022 at 08:36, MortalCaso said:

I disagree. Russia is almost certain to move into Ukraine in some form or another. President Biden said as much yesterday during his press conference 

China v Taiwan is a whole other beast and not nearly as simple. Geopolitics is a hobby of mine. I'd be willing to discuss why I think so if you're interested, it's something I've done plenty of research on. 

The world would be better off without Biden,  

Dumbass. 

• Facepalm 3

On 20/01/2022 at 15:36, MortalCaso said:

Naturally you'd think that the west would be distracted by Russia and wouldn't interfere on behalf of Taiwan, the UK already sent many millions in military AID to Ukraine could it afford to do the same to Taiwan and resupply both?  China would be willing to lose millions of men for Taiwan infact it would be advantageous to lose Millions of soldiers. China has 30 million more men than women and that could spell societal unrest in mainland China when 30 million men can't get laid or have kids. They've a male dividend and can lose 30m in wars, they'd naturally spend some of that on recapturing Taiwan.  Maybe Russia and China have both agreed to go in at once. China will move on Taiwan in the next few years , it won't wait because it's population is dropping and getting older. Plus Xi is under pressure at home due to harsh covid restrictions and economic uncertainties, a war would be perfect. The pieces are falling into place , I just hope the UK doesn't want a piece of the action.

I know these are human beings we're speaking about but leaders of countries are psychopaths they don't think like you or I, humans are numbers on a spreadsheet or pawns on a chess board to them.

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

Naturally you'd think that the west would be distracted by Russia and wouldn't interfere on behalf of Taiwan, the UK already sent many millions in military AID to Ukraine could it afford to do the same to Taiwan and resupply both?  China would be willing to lose millions of men for Taiwan infact it would be advantageous to lose Millions of soldiers. China has 30 million more men than women and that could spell societal unrest in mainland China when 30 million men can't get laid or have kids. They've a male dividend and can lose 30m in wars, they'd naturally spend some of that on recapturing Taiwan.  Maybe Russia and China have both agreed to go in at once. China will move on Taiwan in the next few years , it won't wait because it's population is dropping and getting older. Plus Xi is under pressure at home due to harsh covid restrictions and economic uncertainties, a war would be perfect. The pieces are falling into place , I just hope the UK doesn't want a piece of the action.

I know these are human beings we're speaking about but leaders of countries are psychopaths they don't think like you or I, humans are numbers on a spreadsheet or pawns on a chess board to them.

This is my opinion on the matter. 

The Western media (as usual) is very biased in its reporting on foreign affairs. Which is why most think World War 3 is on the horizon. 

1. Russia and Ukraine

Russia has already annexed parts of Ukraine (Crimea) while supporting insurgents throughout the eastern half of the country. Russia, justly or not, does not want the West/NATO on its doorstep. That was the whole reason satellite countries existed for the U.S.S.R. Russia is very unlikely to take control of the entire country of Ukraine, mainly because they don't need to. The eastern half is an easy fight for them and leaves the other half as a messy country that will never join NATO. Take notice of Georgia from 2008. 

Russia has calculated they can invade Ukraine with little consequence. They are correct. No one will send soldiers besides Balkan states (maybe) and Ukraine themselves. What doesn't get talked about in media is the giant oil reserve that was recently found off Ukraine's eastern waters. That oil itself will more than pay for any sanctions imposed on them by U.S/West. Keep in mind as well most of Europe gets natural gas from Russia and they can't afford to anger them over it. This doesn't even mention the need for clean water in Crimea. 

Conclusion: It is a matter of if, not when Russia invades. When they do little will be done to stop it and no serious harm will come of it. It gets more severe for them if they invade the entire country (they won't).

2. China and Taiwain 

Western states and specifically the U.S have sworn to protect Taiwain from invasion. They have not done this for Ukraine. Only hinted at it. Taiwan is also a major producer of semiconductors. Which the U.S needs badly. They won't let China cut off their supply or even threaten it. Taiwan requires a sea based invasion which will last a very long time. Taiwan has been preparing for it. China would also have a split front as Tibet, Hong Kong, Macoa are currently not "in the fold" of China just yet. They still rebel and China has been slowly breaking their resolve. They won't acquire a new territory until the one's they already have are under control. That being said, China wants Taiwan badly...one day. Your comment about China wanting to kill its citizens is....odd. China does not have the iron grip of its country as we like to think. If they purposely sacrificed millions for a needless war I doubt the country would survive. They don't want to lose millions for an island. 

Conclusion:

China may take the opportunity of Russia invading to further inflict control on Hong Kong and Tibet. They won't make a move on Taiwan for decades. That being said, one day they will invade. Just not anytime soon

Russia and China

They aren't allies. They are nervous partners. Russia does not want to be under China's control. Look what happened with Germany. They have common interests, but not allies. Certainly not working together for world domination as Western media portrays. 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 2

I predict the opposite. Russia will invade very soon and the UK will consider nuking as will America. By thr spring the nukes will be used.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I predict the opposite. Russia will invade very soon and the UK will consider nuking as will America. By thr spring the nukes will be used.

If a nuke is used the world will end. 

That won't happen. You are free to your belief though

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Well, I'm sure it will be a comfort to Her Majesty when the nuke kills her before her Stage IV cancer does... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

FFS, that would take all the skill out of dead pooling and how are we fixed in the HPDP if all our picks die at the same time?

• Haha 3

On 22/01/2022 at 22:42, MortalCaso said:

This is my opinion on the matter. 

The Western media (as usual) is very biased in its reporting on foreign affairs. Which is why most think World War 3 is on the horizon. 

1. Russia and Ukraine

Russia has already annexed parts of Ukraine (Crimea) while supporting insurgents throughout the eastern half of the country. Russia, justly or not, does not want the West/NATO on its doorstep. That was the whole reason satellite countries existed for the U.S.S.R. Russia is very unlikely to take control of the entire country of Ukraine, mainly because they don't need to. The eastern half is an easy fight for them and leaves the other half as a messy country that will never join NATO. Take notice of Georgia from 2008. 

Russia has calculated they can invade Ukraine with little consequence. They are correct. No one will send soldiers besides Balkan states (maybe) and Ukraine themselves. What doesn't get talked about in media is the giant oil reserve that was recently found off Ukraine's eastern waters. That oil itself will more than pay for any sanctions imposed on them by U.S/West. Keep in mind as well most of Europe gets natural gas from Russia and they can't afford to anger them over it. This doesn't even mention the need for clean water in Crimea. 

Conclusion: It is a matter of if, not when Russia invades. When they do little will be done to stop it and no serious harm will come of it. It gets more severe for them if they invade the entire country (they won't).

2. China and Taiwain 

Western states and specifically the U.S have sworn to protect Taiwain from invasion. They have not done this for Ukraine. Only hinted at it. Taiwan is also a major producer of semiconductors. Which the U.S needs badly. They won't let China cut off their supply or even threaten it. Taiwan requires a sea based invasion which will last a very long time. Taiwan has been preparing for it. China would also have a split front as Tibet, Hong Kong, Macoa are currently not "in the fold" of China just yet. They still rebel and China has been slowly breaking their resolve. They won't acquire a new territory until the one's they already have are under control. That being said, China wants Taiwan badly...one day. Your comment about China wanting to kill its citizens is....odd. China does not have the iron grip of its country as we like to think. If they purposely sacrificed millions for a needless war I doubt the country would survive. They don't want to lose millions for an island. 

Conclusion:

China may take the opportunity of Russia invading to further inflict control on Hong Kong and Tibet. They won't make a move on Taiwan for decades. That being said, one day they will invade. Just not anytime soon

Russia and China

They aren't allies. They are nervous partners. Russia does not want to be under China's control. Look what happened with Germany. They have common interests, but not allies. Certainly not working together for world domination as Western media portrays. 

Just my 2 cents. 

No coincidence.

https://news.sky.com/story/china-flies-39-warplanes-towards-taiwan-as-tensions-with-island-rise-12524148

• Sad 2