Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

He’s a useless cunt.

If he wasn’t so ugly he could’ve had a career in theatre.

We've had the chat on this thread a week or so back, I wouldn't rule out panto (apart from owt else he'd save them on makeup if he played a villian) 

FKcxFp3XEAQVJee?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Seeing the videos of her yesterday she was either drunk or has serious neurological issues.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Seeing the videos of her yesterday she was either drunk or has serious neurological issues.

..and yet if that had been Diane Abbott she'd have been ripped to pieces on social media. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tomarse said:

..and yet if that had been Diane Abbott she'd have been ripped to pieces on social media. 

Most people on social media were taking the piss.Difference with her and Diane Abbott is that the media were only to keen to get in on the piss taking whereas Nadine and others get a pass.

image.png.b0dcb89ad9f322b89ae6ec025d67b6a0.png

• Haha 3

Another MP calls on him to go and has submitted a letter.

• Like 2

Nadine Dorries’ hand having a moment of clarity in Commons:

C3194AC4-D08F-4A50-8E6F-6845139D8D00.thumb.jpeg.b1630abe84ee4452d1225c1174c087bd.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TQR said:

Nadine Dorries’ hand having a moment of clarity in Commons:

C3194AC4-D08F-4A50-8E6F-6845139D8D00.thumb.jpeg.b1630abe84ee4452d1225c1174c087bd.jpeg

She does seem to have a bit of a fetish for Boris Johnson.  She doesn't castigate him as an arrogant posh boy who doesn't know the price of milk  like she did with David Cameron and George Osborne. 

14 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

She does seem to have a bit of a fetish for Boris Johnson.  She doesn't castigate him as an arrogant posh boy who doesn't know the price of milk  like she did with David Cameron and George Osborne. 

Very true, and this even predates him promoting her to the cabinet. Further proof (heh, as if any was needed) that she’s so dense, light bends around her.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sean said:

Bit of a goldmine, this Wiki page of hers. My mate sent me this:

E9E2F719-CAE1-4CB6-B3C2-26C5C262BED2.thumb.jpeg.4b76743dd494b5a630fcac047fb3bfea.jpeg

• Haha 1

Oh no! I hope it doesn’t shit all over the badly shaven gerbil Gove’s Levelling Up* launch.

*Whatever in fuck’s name that is

As someone not from the U.K, seems surprising he is still in office.

He clearly violated his own rules, while spewing lies to the general public. If the standard for an elected official hasn't been violated....what is the standard?

(Obviously as someone from the U.S I can't criticize, but I hold the European countries to a much higher standard than us).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

He clearly violated his own rules, while spewing lies to the general public. If the standard for an elected official hasn't been violated....what is the standard?

(Obviously as someone from the U.S I can't criticize, but I hold the European countries to a much higher standard than us).

I very much feel like this in the UK too :( 

The Gov website should just be this:

9D55C5D3-CA6C-47E8-9BF8-BC47613C0E4A.jpeg.345289b233d2e0a51802602b415b6600.jpeg

E0FD586D-033A-4622-BD2F-BF6BE6B4DA2F.jpeg.886c3d88d8d0d63ca98cfb70a0b668af.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

From an Irish perspective, it is certainly strange to have something of the moral high ground when it comes to Government resignations. It has always seemed that British politicians would be forced to resign for indiscretions which would have been accepted elsewhere. While in Ireland the rogue politician was not so much accepted as celebrated. 

However we lost a Minister for Agriculture and a European Commissioner over one golf function during lockdown, while Johnson seems to get away with weekly parties in No.10 itself. 

(I know that there is stuff coming out now about a party in the Department of Justice, but it looks like the Minister may not be affected)

With our history of politicians (see Charlie Haughey or  Bertie "I won it on the horses" Aherne",  it says an awful lot about the current stench in UK politics when the standards in public office are  higher in Ireland. 

• Like 3

So, four of the lies told by Johnson in PMQs today:

1) His favourite, “We have the fastest growing economy in the G7” - This is wilfully misleading; whilst our 12 month record closes the gap, in the last quarter we were considerably behind France, Italy, Germany and Canada.

2) “There are more people in work now than before the pandemic” - Simply not true. By almost 600k.

3) “There are more staff working in the NHS than in 2020” - Not quite true. We saw a 40k increase in NHS staff between Sep 2020 and Sep 2021, but that’s still over 70k fewer than Jan/Feb 2020. Still, at least he didn’t claim to have built 40 new hospitals, another of his favourite lies.

4) “Youth unemployment is at a record low” - Another untruth. It has gone down, but is higher now than in 2018.

PMQs started with Speaker Hoyle reinforcing that no members should accuse others of lying or wilfully misleading parliament. Johnson then went ahead and lied and wilfully misled parliament. Again. Without consequence.

• Angry 1