Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I reckon he might last until after the May elections at this point.He has lots of arse lickers surrounding him and even if it is said in the Sue Grey report that he attended several parties and misled the House of Commons I doubt it would change anything as his MP`s know as do all of us that that was the case a few weeks back.

Even the May elections might be a false dawn for them. The Tories only hold about 1 in 3 seats up for grabs in May, and surely most of those must be safe seats. If it was the 2023 elections (when they have fucking shitloads of councils, not just seats, with little between them and second place) it would be a massacre. They need someone competent in charge by then as that'll likely be the big signpost before the next general election. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1556143/lloyd-russell-hoyle-pmqs-boris-johnson-mad-hatter-liar-vn

Funny you get told off for calling someone a liar in the commons but can lie to the commons  at the despatch box brazenly then just claim you didn`t and nothing is said or done. We do live in a ridiculous country.

I wish Skinner was still in the commons.He would have got chucked out again for saying what we are all thinking.

• Like 2

deleted

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My understanding was the animals were evacuated via private aircrafts, no? 

Yes, they were.  It was a privately funded plane which carried the animals in the hold. Passenger space was to be made available to anyone who needed to be evacuated.  Permission for the plane to land was denied until the end, by which time there was nobody left in the airport to take up those seats.  It was all very badly handled.

40 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I have no idea anymore. Living in a world of make believe at the moment.

All it demonstrates is that Johnson told another bare faced lie. And could those aircraft have been used to save human lives? I dunno.

I suggest you do some proper research into this.  I followed the story from the beginning and a lot of lies have been told.  The plane was to carry over 60 Nowzad staff and their familes, with the rest of the passenger space freely offered to anyone else needing to get out. 

In the event the Afghan staff - who had been granted UK visas - were refused entry to the airport.  They were successfully evacuated about a month later overland into Pakistan and are now in the UK.

• Like 1

In BlowJo`s defence being ambushed with a cake is essential work when you are a clown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just going back to the Nowzad thing, they have been used as a political football throughout, and I see that snake Wallace is now accusing them of lying.

This is a fair summary of what happened.  I'll put it in spoiler tags to save space.

Spoiler

Operation Ark – The Truth

1. OperationArk was never, ever about putting animals over desperate human lives. From the very start Pen made it clear he did not want to leave Afghanistan without his NOWZAD staff and their dependents.

2. People are not allowed to travel in the holds of planes. Animals are. The animals were NOT taking up valuable space that people could use.

3. OperationArk was created to bring Pen, his staff and their dependents + animals (because there was going to be an empty hold = space for the animals.) to the UK.

4. The use of a plane was PRIVATELY donated. Funds to use it were raised by supporters of NOWZAD - all costs of OperationArk were bought and paid for independently with no request for British tax payers money.

5. It was suggested that critical supplies for those in Afghanistan could be brought INTO Afghanistan with the plane at no cost to the taxpayer.

6. An extra 100+ seats were made available by OperationArk to the British government (at no cost) to save MORE Afghans from that hellhole.

7. The British government had already issued visas for all of the NOWZAD staff.

8. DEFRA supported OperationArk with the agreement to process the animals once in UK.

9. Spaces for all animals to spend their quarantine had already been secured.

10. Pen did NOT want to queue jump. He never asked for that. He was happy to wait his turn. He just wanted his flight code so he could work on a timescale to get everyone safely to the airport.

11. The British Government delayed giving Pen a security code to land the plane. This is why people, including me, started speaking more loudly - he was effectively being blocked. And the Defence Secretary started telling the world that OperationArk was about putting 'pets before people" - this was absolutely NOT the case.

12. Eventually when Pen arrived at the airport with his team and the animals (as he was advised to by the British Government). He was told that only he, without his staff, could go through. The reason? Biden had just changed the rules that those eligible to go to the US could only travel if they had a valid passport. The Taliban then extended that rule to British travellers. Even though Pen's Afghan staff all had eligible UK visas.

13. Pen had vowed he wouldn't leave his staff behind. So he returned to his rescue plot with the staff and animals.

14. Because of the delays by the British Government not giving the code, and then Biden changing the rules, leading to the Taliban adopting those rules for British travellers, the situation turned critical for Pen. As a Royal Marine of 22 years service he would be likely to be executed by the Taliban after the deadline. Pen STILL did not want to leave his staff. His staff asked him to leave, and if he could, to take the animals too.

15. The British Government then did a u-turn and requested Pen to come forward with the animals. Which he did.

These are the facts as I know them, from watching Pen's live broadcasts and Dominic Dyer's along with the Defence Secretary's interviews - if I have anything wrong, I'm more than willing to amend...

No one was expecting to leapfrog anyone else. No animals were taking precedence over people.

If we can save animals alongside people, without taking precious space for those people, then why wouldn't we? Animals who have served our forces, animals who have been a lifeline to OUR soldiers out there...why not??

Author: Cora Parrotte

ETA - and Nowzad have issued a statement.

https://www.nowzad.com/news/article/statement-on-leaked-emails-reference-operation-ark

• Thanks 1

(Stephen Flynn, SNP, Aberdeen South)

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

FFS, just because parliament is riven with rotters we don't have to let our standards slip. It's Sue GRAY!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, time said:

(Stephen Flynn, SNP, Aberdeen South)

SNP clowns. 

• Like 1

On 25/01/2022 at 10:13, YoungWillz said:

Cressida Dick receives information from the Cabinet Office enabling her to begin investigations by the Met into various rule breaches at Downing Street.

*Speaking to London Assembly now*

11 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Oh aye, and...PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence apparently in the hands of Sue Gray

_123005138_mirror-nc.png

The issue with the police investigation isn't so much the idea they'll find these parties broke the regulations, if they did there'll be Fixed Penalty Notices - it was fines, not prison for breaking Covid rules. Where they could get in more trouble is if there's proof they've tried to cover up the truth or destroy evidence. That becomes Perverting the Course of Justice and is definitely a potential prison offence. It was what did for Chris Huhne and his speeding fine. On another note, proof he lied in Parliament would break the Ministerial Code and require his resignation (but since nothing else seems to matter, I'm not sure why breaking the Ministerial Code would change his mind).

5 hours ago, Sean said:

I reckon he might last until after the May elections at this point.He has lots of arse lickers surrounding him and even if it is said in the Sue Grey report that he attended several parties and misled the House of Commons I doubt it would change anything as his MP`s know as do all of us that that was the case a few weeks back.

I wouldn't be so sure just yet. I know it feels like the threshold would've been crossed by now if it was going to be but that may not be the case. The whispers are lots of backbenchers are reserving judgement until the Sue Gray report, while others are apparently just waiting for the formality of the report being published (regardless of its contents) to submit their letters. The Met's investigation and the possibility Johnson has officially broken the Ministerial Code would also, conventionally speaking, make his position untenable.

But this is Boris Johnson. Who knows what the brazen charlatan will choose to do.

26 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

The issue with the police investigation isn't so much the idea they'll find these parties broke the regulations, if they did there'll be Fixed Penalty Notices - it was fines, not prison for breaking Covid rules. Where they could get in more trouble is if there's proof they've tried to cover up the truth or destroy evidence. That becomes Perverting the Course of Justice and is definitely a potential prison offence. It was what did for Chris Huhne and his speeding fine. On another note, proof he lied in Parliament would break the Ministerial Code and require his resignation (but since nothing else seems to matter, I'm not sure why breaking the Ministerial Code would change his mind).

I wouldn't be so sure just yet. I know it feels like the threshold would've been crossed by now if it was going to be but that may not be the case. The whispers are lots of backbenchers are reserving judgement until the Sue Gray report, while others are apparently just waiting for the formality of the report being published (regardless of its contents) to submit their letters. The Met's investigation and the possibility Johnson has officially broken the Ministerial Code would also, conventionally speaking, make his position untenable.

But this is Boris Johnson. Who knows what the brazen charlatan will choose to do.

Indeed, the current events are summat of a get out of jail card for the more cautious backbenchers because they can present an argument that says they're loyal to their leader(s) but proof said leader(s) mislead the house is a red line. Crudely, "it's nothing personal, I'm a loyal Tory - gimmee a place on the front bench once you've sacked his no-talent cabinet!"

Sue Gray's inability to submit a report on deadline is reminiscent of my entire university career. 

She must've been pissed to put all that work in and the endless re-drafts only to find a photograph of Boris with wine at the bitter end....

• Haha 1

Well, as big a c**t as he is, I am not so sure he actually gave the green light to having a charter plane get Mr Farthing & Co out of Afghanistan.

Yeah, he was keen to get them out but I'm not sure he actually said ' Charter a plane to get them out' or similar. I suspect that the decision to actually do it was taken purely on the basis that he was keen on the idea of getting them out without actually giving  his staff the green light to actually do it.

The problem is that he has been caught out so many times now we tend to think that anything he denies means that he is lying, with justification, to be fair.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well, as big a c**t as he is, I am not so sure he actually gave the green light to having a charter plane get Mr Farthing & Co out of Afghanistan.

Yeah, he was keen to get them out but I'm not sure he actually said ' Charter a plane to get them out' or similar. I suspect that the decision to actually do it was taken purely on the basis that he was keen on the idea of getting them out without actually giving  his staff the green light to actually do it.

The problem is that he has been caught out so many times now we tend to think that anything he denies means that he is lying, with justification, to be fair.

Problem is, when you've been shown to have lied time and time again, who's going to believe you when you are actually telling the truth? And that, at the heart of it, is the problem.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The plane was chartered by Pen Farthing's charity and paid for by donors.  I chipped in a tenner myself.

It had nothing to do with the Government.  All they needed was a slot at the airport for the plane to land.

Eventually, right at the end, it was allowed to land and PF loaded it himself with the help of a few US servicemen. 

There was nobody left to take up the spare seats on the plane, which were wasted.  More people could have been evacuated if the Nowzad plane had been allowed in earlier.

It's absolutely scandalous that misleading information is still being spread about this by people who haven't checked the facts.  Ministers, journalists, rentamouths.  The reputation of a genuine charity is being destroyed for the sake of scoring political points.

• Like 1

This was sent to Joe Lycett

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

seweronline-e1637224439948.jpg

Guess we know now why Dick hasn't been fired. 'sue gray report won't be published in full' but be heavily redacted after met police intervention. The met police are no longer impartial but actively helping the government cover up it's criminal behaviour.

23 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Guess we know now why Dick hasn't been fired. 'sue gray report won't be published in full' but be heavily redacted after met police intervention. The met police are no longer impartial but actively helping the government cover up it's criminal behaviour.

no-shit-sherlock.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Do try to keep up.

• Like 2

The political landscape is going to change, the conservatives will split to become the We had a party party, still celebrating Brexit and everything it brings” and the traditional type of old school Conservatives. The former will be remembered for their delusions of competence and integrity the latter to deal with the clean up. Perhaps Labour could compete against the We Had a Party party but I doubt it.

Sue Gray report will be grey, unclear, redacted and not assigning blame. There will be offloading to the police who will decide it is not in the best interest of the Country. 

Joke the whole thing.

41 minutes ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

The political landscape is going to change, the conservatives will split to become the We had a party party, still celebrating Brexit and everything it brings” and the traditional type of old school Conservatives. The former will be remembered for their delusions of competence and integrity the latter to deal with the clean up. Perhaps Labour could compete against the We Had a Party party but I doubt it.

Sue Gray report will be grey, unclear, redacted and not assigning blame. There will be offloading to the police who will decide it is not in the best interest of the Country. 

Joke the whole thing.

If you want to see Tories split and in pieces I give you Plymouth City Council. Tories have a majority but the infighting has led to a load becoming independent. Then they suspended the leader over inaction on A38 and his reaction to a female murder over Christmas. Naturally when it came clear that by suspending the leader they had no majority thus Labour would be back in control surprise surprise he was unsuspected. 

Roll on May. It could be the shortest administration in my proud Cities history. 

• Like 1