Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Michael Fabricunt

I can't believe that creature is real.  Still less that people have voted for it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

I can't believe that creature is real.  Still less that people have voted for it.

8 times no less. :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, six feet blunder said:

Pretty sure Sunaks wife will be able to find the money to pay his fine

But she cannot buy back his political  credibility or now thwarted chance of being Prime minister in future. 

Sunak has blown his chance to be a future  Prime minister . MPs have lost faith,  the damage to  his reputation , appeal and credibility is permanent and he knows it. 

• Like 1

What measley undisclosed fine have they paid? Also these cunt's will probably claim it back in expenses anyway!:angry:

• Like 1

Ok, he is a genuine, 100% cunt.

At this moment, there are no credible rivals for his replacement.

There are also, sadly, a bunch of inept tossers in opposition so, any hope we had of changing the government for another, better one, is a forlorn hope.

However, at the other end of his cuntishness, he appears to be the only leader, even if it is an ego trip, to be arming the Ukrainians to the hilt.

The rest, Biden, Macron et al are proving themselves to be more talkers than doers.

I think he will hang on until the war is over or an election comes first.

Either way, his party will have him out before he is a 100% liability to an election campaign, maybe....

14 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

There are also, sadly, a bunch of inept tossers in opposition so, any hope we had of changing the government for another, better one, is a forlorn hope.

However, at the other end of his cuntishness, he appears to be the only leader, even if it is an ego trip, to be arming the Ukrainians to the hilt.

The rest, Biden, Macron et al are proving themselves to be more talkers than doers.

Either way, his party will have him out before he is a 100% liability to an election campaign, maybe....

Well, yeah - they have two and a half years before they HAVE to go for an election and Bojo's approval ratings were shite before this fine. The one safe prediction being we'll have a suitably fat and untidy Bojo thread full of u-turns and contradictions by then - a fitting tribute when he does go!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, yeah - they have two and a half years before they HAVE to go for an election and Bojo's approval ratings were shite before this fine. The one safe prediction being we'll have a suitably fat and untidy Bojo thread full of u-turns and contradictions by then - a fitting tribute when he does go!

A hugely talented man, such as yourself, could bring the story to the stage.

Something like 'Bo Jo' The Musical, has to be a consideration for the future!

Matt Lucas could play Boris and that woman who played Witchiepoo in Puff n Stuff, if she is still alive, could bring the full evil of Carrie Johnson to the public.

Just an idea.:)

15 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Back in 2008-9, when Gordon Brown was in power and folk were saying how they wanted a change of government, I used to point out that Cameron was an inept tosser (I think history proved me right there btw) but their response tended to be they didn't care, they wanted rid of THIS government anyway.

I understand better how they felt these days.

Anyhow, aye, I think he'll hold on until the next general election. The big danger for him is the locals NEXT YEAR, in which a shitload of Tory seats won under the nadir of Corbyn are up for grabs at council level in marginals, and that'll be after a year of bills going up/etc. People don't like shitface politicians, but really its the economy that murders governments.

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Back in 2008-9, when Gordon Brown was in power and folk were saying how they wanted a change of government, I used to point out that Cameron was an inept tosser (I think history proved me right there btw) but their response tended to be they didn't care, they wanted rid of THIS government anyway.

I understand better how they felt these days.

Anyhow, aye, I think he'll hold on until the next general election. The big danger for him is the locals NEXT YEAR, in which a shitload of Tory seats won under the nadir of Corbyn are up for grabs at council level in marginals, and that'll be after a year of bills going up/etc. People don't like shitface politicians, but really its the economy that murders governments.

Your last paragraph is largely true but one election that bucked that rule was 1997.  The conservatives lost badly I'm a Labour landslide yet most of the economic  indicators at that point were healthy and on trajectory  to continue to improve 

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Your last paragraph is largely true but one election that bucked that rule was 1997.  The conservatives lost badly I'm a Labour landslide yet most of the economic  indicators at that point were healthy and on trajectory  to continue to improve 

Yeah but tbf the economy in 1970 was better than in 1968, in 1964 better than 1962-3, and in 2010 better than 2009 (well it could hardly be worse!) but basically once the economy fucks you, the public rarely seem to forgive you afterwards even if you try to sort out your own mess. 

But its not the only reason governments fall. As 1997 showed, there can be many reasons and sometimes, its ALL OF THEM. At once! :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

Yeah but tbf the economy in 1970 was better than in 1968, in 1964 better than 1962-3, and in 2010 better than 2009 (well it could hardly be worse!) but basically once the economy fucks you, the public rarely seem to forgive you afterwards even if you try to sort out your own mess. 

But its not the only reason governments fall. As 1997 showed, there can be many reasons and sometimes, its ALL OF THEM. At once! :D

Lots of people never forgave them for Black Wednesday in  the autumn of 1992. That would be the only economic  slant I could  come up with that their reputation  for economic competence  was gone  and that was decoupled from how the economy was performing in 1997. 

The chronic underfunding of public services  with no sign of change was one of the main things  I had people moan about in the lead up to 1997 election  rather than the economy  itself.

The Sun and the Mail are certainly trying their best to save Boris. 

• Like 1

This Ukraine war is like a wet dream for Boris. He gets to play at being Churchill (Winston), whereas normally he is about as competent as Churchill the insurance dog. 

It gives him a get out of jail card for turning up to that party.

He was basically a war leader in search of a war and now he has one. He probably hopes it will continue up until the next election at least.

• Like 1

Hint for everybody:

WE ARE NOT AT WAR.

Clear enough?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Redrumours said:

What measley undisclosed fine have they paid? Also these cunt's will probably claim it back in expenses anyway!:angry:

£50. Would'nt buy a round at the bar.

I see that Russia has banned Boris Johnson and his gang from entering Russia.

Can we please ban them all from the UK too?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

Apparently they can't find a big enough tent.:D

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Toast said:

We could just send them to Rwanda... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Excellent thread of analysis and prediction from political economist Richard Murphy here, outlining why it’s likely Johnson is finally fucked and pondering candidates to replace him.

• Like 1

I think yesterday was the day the threat became real for Johnson and not even because of Party Gate wholly. Following the Owen Patterson scandal it appears many MP`s had a case of deja vu.

It beggars belief anyone can honestly say he did not mislead the house knowingly. He said the rules were followed at all times when he himself broke the rules and has admitted he did by accepting his fine. There is so much evidence on camera of him explaining the rules which he claims he is too stupid to have understood or remembered.

The fact though that the whips knew they couldn`t get a majority to stop the Parliamentary enquiry is what is telling though. They knew they had lost control of events which is bad enough but when the events you have lost control of regard whether the Prime Minister should be investigated for what amounts to a resignation matter then it becomes hard not to see it as an implicit vote of no confidence. Clearly they don`t want to defend him and do not believe him.

I agree Hunt is the most likely candidate to take over as PM. I definitely think it wont be someone in the cabinet as they have clung on for so long they will go down with the ship at this point. I do think other former Ministers can`t be counted out such as Mark Harper and Tobias Ellwood. Wouldn`t surprise me if Sir Graham Brady resigned a chairman of the 1922 committee  ran for leader and won as  a unity candidate.

Truss and Raab will definitely go for the leadership but they will fall flat on their faces and mess up their campaigns spectacularly and swiftly.

• Like 1

I also predict Cummings or whoever is holding onto the hundreds of photos will release some either just before or after the Local elections for maximum effect.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I also predict Cummings or whoever is holding onto the hundreds of photos will release some either just before or after the Local elections for maximum effect.

Before would have the maximum effect IMO.