888-333

Most Significant Death Of Each Month

25 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

I wonder if there could possibly be a death that could outdo her as death of the month. Maybe Trump? Or the Pope? Or both popes at once.

Putin if he were to go maybe. 

28 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

I wonder if there could possibly be a death that could outdo her as death of the month. Maybe Trump? Or the Pope? Or both popes at once.

A US President (Biden if this month of course) dying in office might, especially if assassinated, going by how prolific such deaths have been in the past.

34 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Atleast to me the Popes wouldn't be as large deaths as QEII. Neither would any other even somewhat expected death. The news here called her the "most known living person alive before she died" and I agree.

The only thing that would "outdo" her as the death of the month for me would be the death of one of the world's top political leaders: Putin, Biden, Xi or Modi. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

I would say that the only deaths that could upstage HRHQE2 would be Putin, Zelenskyy, or the assassination of Joe Biden. 

Neither Xi, Modi nor even Zelenski could outdo her death imo. Zelenski has only came to fame recently, Xi is an important figure but mostly for those interested in politic and I don’t even know Who is Modi tbh. Biden’s assassination, Putin or maybe Trump or Merkel could come close 2nd

Someone like beyonce dying in an accident would be a close call too in term of cultural impact on the younger génération 

edit : maybe DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, jagger or Meryl Streep ? Someone like that you know 

• Haha 2

Madonna doesn't really have a dedicated stan base who will ruin your message inbox if you say anything slightly bad about her.
Beyonce and Britney do though.

Hmm.. maaaaybe Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney. Or somebody kills the Obamas. The Dalai Lama is also going to be big.

But it's very hard to beat her 70 years of being in your living room - across several continents.

Edit: I wonder if China is going to make us "forget" the Dalai Lama.

Oprah Winfrey will be similarly big - in the USA. Madonna and Joanne K Rowling lost some of their star power in recent years.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Hmm.. maaaaybe Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney. Or somebody kills the Obamas. The Dalai Lama is also going to be big.

But it's very hard to beat her 70 years of being in your living room - across several continents.

Edit: I wonder if China is going to make us "forget" the Dalai Lama.

Oprah Winfrey will be similarly big - in the USA. Madonna and Joanne K Rowling lost some of their star power in recent years.

the thing with the Dalai Lama is that it's only a title. He is replaceable. When a Dalai Lama dies, a new one with the same title appears so as big as it will be (because it will be), I doubt it will equal QEII. Also the popes are good contenders but pretty much everyone in daily life has forgotten about Benedict plus we had three differents one since the beginning of the century so people have already witnessed the death of at least one pope and it will miss the "wouah" factor when one of them goes. 

What I'm searching for is someone who has a unique position and condition, who is widely famous, that everyone knows, even if this person is controversial and who will mark history or at least be a shocking event when he or she dies. Maybe Trump or Obama meet these criterias…

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

the thing with the Dalai Lama is that it's only a title. He is replaceable. When a Dalai Lama dies, a new one with the same title appears so as big as it will be (because it will be), I doubt it will equal QEII. Also the popes are good contenders but pretty much everyone in daily life has forgotten about Benedict plus we had three differents one since the beginning of the century so people have already witnessed the death of at least one pope and it will miss the "wouah" factor when one of them goes. 

What I'm searching for is someone who has a unique position and condition, who is widely famous, that everyone knows, even if this person is controversial and who will mark history or at least be a shocking event when he or she dies. Maybe Trump or Obama meet these criterias…

Trump and Obama, for as significant as they are, are just former heads of state now (Yeah, I know Trump can technically still run again, but he's not in office as we speak). The only death that could even try to rival this one would be the sudden assassination/suicide of the three "main" current world heads of state right now: Putin, Pope Francis or Biden. Only then would it be the Hitler/FDR case all over again.

13 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Trump and Obama, for as significant as they are, are just former heads of state now (Yeah, I know Trump can technically still run again, but he's not in office as we speak). The only death that could even try to rival this one would be the sudden assassination/suicide of the three "main" current world heads of state right now: Putin, Pope Francis or Biden. Only then would it be the Hitler/FDR case all over again.

Ah yes,

I vividly remember the heated debates we had in April ‘45 about whose death had more significance that month.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ah yes,

I vividly remember the heated debates we had in April ‘45 about whose death had more significance that month.

This forum did not exist back in 1945 so your brilliant take on that matter was sadly missed. We also have different lists somewhere in this forum about the most significant death for every year dating all the way back to 1900. I know because I helped with one.

9 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Trump isn't just the former head of state: he is under investigation by the House, DOJ, and several states. He is the centre of a Constitutional struggle.
Obama I agree would just break hearts; it wouldn't impact the Constitution.

Queen Elizabeth is easily without question the biggest death of this century. There’s literally nothing that could top it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Banana said:

Queen Elizabeth is easily without question the biggest death of this century. There’s literally nothing that could top it. 

She's pretty clearly the biggest death so far this century. There is still plenty of time left and for all we know the most significant death of the 21st century could end up being someone not even born yet. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Joltin Joe said:

She's pretty clearly the biggest death so far this century. There is still plenty of time left and for all we know the most significant death of the 21st century could end up being someone not even born yet. 

I can't think of anyone living right now who'd even come close.

8 minutes ago, Banana said:

Well if you knew Hitler Two before the world did I'd hope you'd have acted on the pre knowledge! :lol:

53 minutes ago, Banana said:

200 years from now only Royalty or History Buff's will remember Queen Elizabeth,everyone will still know the guy who said  MY WIFE

175452__borat_l_1.jpg&q=60

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Well if you knew Hitler Two before the world did I'd hope you'd have acted on the pre knowledge! :lol:

This is a very underrated point. 

At this point in 1922 do you think people knew anything about landing on the moon, the Holocaust, or even something like Disney World? Saying a death in 2022 is the biggest when we have 70+ years left seems short sighted. 

I'd argue the majority of people alive in 2099 will have had a different monarch for most of their life by that point. Doubt it seems a big deal @Joltin Joe worded it well. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

200 years from now only Royalty or History Buff's will remember Queen Elizabeth,everyone will still know the guy who said  MY WIFE

Peter Falk?

On 08/09/2022 at 21:58, roaming_comrade said:

Prince, err  King Charles dropping down dead unexpectedly in the next couple of weeks perhaps? Otherwise, no. Putin would be the only biggie if anyone. Not The Pope, not Madonna, not even Attenborough or McCartney. And as for Trump... pffft.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2022 at 16:15, Ulitzer95 said:

Hmmm, the man responsible for the end of the Cold War and the fall of the Berlin Wall, or the lady who sang "We go together
like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong". 

Yep, that's a tough one.

Has Gorby ever been seen on rollerskates or entered the Eurovision Song Contest though?

• Haha 1

maybe Carter's death could also have some impact, but probably less than Elizabeth's death of course.

Elizabeth was the more iconic person of the world alive. Poutine, Trump (lol) and even Obama wouldn't be as important as the Queen.

Or maybe a massive death (plane crash of a iconic football player like Ronaldo or Messi, an attack targeting several States leaders at an International Summit ...).

I don't remember if MJ's death in 2009 was more significant than Queen's death ?