Spade_Cooley

Bollywood Stars

You'll have to wait a little longer for the points as I'm just about to upload the latest update...

Good pick, Spade. I considered him, but ruled him out mainly on age grounds, but also I had a tiny concern about an obit, which of course, was folly. Boy, have I learnt my lesson about notability this year.

Jagdish Raj, who played a police officer in enough Bollywood films to hold the Guinness world record for most typecasted film actor, has died.

Manna Dey

Beloved playback singer of more then 6 decades and 3,000 songs dies at age 94

CR Simha, Indian theatre and screen actor best known for either a) his Shakespeare adaptations or B) your recent google searches for "terminal cancer", dies aged 72.

Guest Zorders Mum

I really like that Om Puri fella.

Zohra Sehgal, who played the old dear in "Bhaji On The Beach" and "Bend It Like Beckham" in addition to a long career in her native India, dead at 102. She was also, for the nerd birds among you, the first Dr Who actor to become a centenarian.

Guest Guest

Zohra Sehgal, who played the old dear in "Bhaji On The Beach" and "Bend It Like Beckham" in addition to a long career in her native India, dead at 102. She was also, for the nerd birds among you, the first Dr Who actor to become a centenarian.

She was but how many are there now?

My goodness! If you remove the cake from the picture, it looks like Zohra is about to stab someone. :24087468:

gWngQbp.jpg

One Olaf Pooley.

One Olaf Pooley.

Is on my team. Sehgal was on my team. So I'll probably miss out on him too...

Is Dilip Kumar currently the oldest living Bollywood star? How is his health nowadays?

I can't say I care about the twins one way or another. I do think that 5 years for killing one and injuring four in a hit-and-run while pissed, seems right, perhaps rather lenient. A friend of mine, who is a public prosecutor, got a main jailed for 6 years for manslaughter after a fatal DUI accident (so a hit-without-run).

I can't say I care about the twins one way or another. I do think that 5 years for a killing one and injuring four in a hit-and-run while pissed, seems right, perhaps rather lenient. A friend on mine, who is a public prosecutor, got a main jailed for 6 years for manslaughter after a fatal DUI accident (so a hit-without-run).

We're a little more harsh here in Scotland. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32590061

Former Bollywood star and now Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, J Jayalalithaa may be worth keeping under observation. She has missed several public engagements recently and rumours abound that she may require a liver or a kidney transplant, although this is strenuously denied by her spokespeople.

Bollywood music composer and singer Aadesh Shrivastava who was battling a relapsed cancer (multiple myeloma) passed away from the illness at a private hospital on Saturday. According to The Times of India, Shrivastava, 51, died at the Kokilaben Ambani Hospital in Mumbai after his condition worsened over the course of the past week.

SC

http://www.inquisitr.com/2394235/bollywood-music-composer-aadesh-shrivastava-dies-of-cancer-a-day-after-his-birthday/#QDDQcOI3RLe7kpIk.99

Veteran actor Manorama, who was affectionately called as ‘Aachi’ (granny) by her fans, died of multiple organ failure in the city late on Saturday. She was 78. A Padma Shree awardee, Manorama is survived by her son, Boopat

SC

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/regional/legendary-tamil-actress-manorama-dies-at-78/