BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

So another urinary tract infection? He's had them before.

Could go either way, but "getting better" suggests he'll make it.

• Like 1

Just now, The Old Crem said:

I had this argument with a former colleague about the football discussion s that Sky used to hold daily. This sort of speculation is just filling column inches. Look how many pages we have filled without any substantial evidence.

• Like 3

20 pages of bollocks in a week and we find out he’s just got pissy problems again. Godsake.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

So another urinary tract infection? He's had them before.

Could go either way, but "getting better" suggests he'll make it.

The next few days are likely what is going to determine the outcome of this specific incident. If treatment continues to be a success and he doesn't develop any further health problems in hospital, he'll likely survive (for now). But at his age any form of negative reaction to treatment, worsening of the infection or even catching a bad cold could mean the end of him.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Katyusha said:

The next few days are likely what is going to determine the outcome of this specific incident. If treatment continues to be a success and he doesn't develop any further health problems in hospital, he'll likely survive (for now). But at his age any form of negative reaction to treatment, worsening of the infection or even catching a bad cold could mean the end of him.

Totally agree.

If Philip has what I suspect he's suffering from, a urinary tract infection, then it's what my gran died from several years ago. She was improving then came a sudden decline (she was 90). When people are in their 80s/90s the kidneys shrivel up and become like little prunes. They don't work too well and operating on a 99 year old for the sake of replacing one would likely be deemed too risky. If I was to wage my bets, it sounds like he'll survive this infection, but the renal problems won't go away and subsequent related problems will arise in the not too distant future.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Totally agree.

If Philip has what I suspect he's suffering from, a urinary tract infection, then it's what my gran died from several years ago. She was improving then came a sudden decline (she was 90). When people are in their 80s/90s the kidneys shrivel up and become like little prunes. They don't work too well and operating on a 99 year old for the sake of replacing one would likely be deemed too risky. If I was to wage my bets, it sounds like he'll survive this infection, but the renal problems won't go away and subsequent related problems will arise in the not too distant future.

Not too sure he’ll survive it. And if he does in What shape ? Remember the photos of him walking out of hospital in late 2019 ? He was so frail and is now 2 years older so how will he come out of the hospital (if he ever does)

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Totally agree.

I'm still somewhat unsure. It sounds like he's making some form of recovery at the moment, but as you've said, he could easily take a turn. If he continues with his recovery as is, then I could see him leaving the hospital alive. However, he looked like he was a stubbed toe away from turning to dust when he last left the hospital, and I reckon that if he takes any sort of turn in the opposite direction, then he's probably gonna snuff it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I think even if he leaves hospital he'll be gone within the year IMO. 

D'ya think his missus will remarry, go on Tinder or just tough it out from there?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Word is Edward gets the Edinburgh dukedom when his pa snuffs it, so that might explain the crossed fingers.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Word is Edward gets the Edinburgh dukedom when his pa snuffs it, so that might explain the crossed fingers.

Charles gets it first but it's believed he has agreed once he is king he will reassign it to Edward.

20 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Charles gets it first but it's believed he has agreed once he is king he will reassign it to Edward.

Technically, yes.  As a royal dukedom it reverts to the Crown.

• Like 1

It looks like curtains for him. I know of 9 people close to 100 and they all left the hospital with a body temperature well below 37C. 4 of them only lasted a day!

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Totally agree.

Harry has already been on the blower offering a kidney for a return of all their perks.

Mercenary c**t.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Toast said:

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Technically, yes.  As a royal dukedom it reverts to the Crown.

Definitely the case that the Dukedom is intended to pass to Edward after his father's death, that's why he was only created Earl of Wessex when he married Sophie, rather than a Duke like his brothers (and, since, nephews). But yes, it needs to go through Charles first.

37 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Harry has already been on the blower offering a kidney for a return of all their perks.

Mercenary c**t.

Meghan should donate both her kidneys!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Meghan should donate both her kidneys!

Can guarantee at least one of the tabloids would blame her for his death if she refused in this scenario

5 minutes ago, Katyusha said:

Can guarantee at least one of the tabloids would blame her for his death if she refused in this scenario

Doubt they'd even wait for a scenario like that. I reckon at least one of the Mail or the Express will imply that she's at fault in someway 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Definitely the case that the Dukedom is intended to pass to Edward after his father's death, that's why he was only created Earl of Wessex when he married Sophie, rather than a Duke like his brothers (and, since, nephews). But yes, it needs to go through Charles first.

Aren't we forgetting someone?

Just now, Toast said:

Purposefully

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Doubt they'd even wait for a scenario like that. I reckon at least one of the Mail or the Express will imply that she's at fault in someway 

They already written articles linking the two.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I don't think so...? If we're talking Andy then it's nothing to do with him. It looks like what will happen is the Dukedom of Edinburgh will pass to Philip's eldest son, Charles, then when Charles becomes King, the title is the King's to hand to whoever he likes. So Edward would "inherit" it but it would be a new creation. Thing is, given it's a decent chance there'll be at least 3-5 years before Charles gets the throne, I wonder if there's another way to expedite the process, such as the Queen withdrawing the title from Charles and giving it to Edward?