I seem to be living in a parallel universe where Shirley Anne Field has never been picked for the DDP! Saturday Night And Sunday Morning, The Entertainer (with Olivier!) and My Beautiful Laundrette!!!! For gawd's sakes!

Always a pleasure to see, a British large and small screen icon. RIP, at least I'll miss you!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I seem to be living in a parallel universe where Shirley Anne Field has never been picked for the DDP! Saturday Night And Sunday Morning, The Entertainer (with Olivier!) and My Beautiful Laundrette!!!! For gawd's sakes!

Always a pleasure to see, a British large and small screen icon. RIP, at least I'll miss you!

Quite surprising she has never been selected. British actors over 80 are rarely totally missed,

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Quite surprising she has never been selected. British actors over 80 are rarely totally missed,

I considered her a couple of years ago. It seems she was a couple of years older than her Wiki suggested.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

British actress Margaret Whiting seems to be dead on Wiki, anyone know anything that might validate?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Whiting_(actress)

Someone previously edited her article by adding the date of death of the singer with the same name, and this information was also muddled on Google

Screenshot_20240106-145212_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ccb264a6b12ffd604dc9cf138fbe5506.jpg

36 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Someone previously edited her article by adding the date of death of the singer with the same name, and this information was also muddled on Google

Screenshot_20240106-145212_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ccb264a6b12ffd604dc9cf138fbe5506.jpg

How is this related?

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

How is this related?

It's not.

This, however is, from her son on X:

Screenshot_2024-01-06-14-41-25-23_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Widow of that great character actor Colin Blakely who died in 1987.

• Shocked 1

Any list like this now has to include the wonderful Colin Jeavons ….95 this year  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SovietJohnny said:

Any list like this now has to include the wonderful Colin Jeavons ….95 this year  

And David Lawton  - 101 this year. (Crossroads, When the Boat Comes In, Z-Cars, Maigret, Compact, etc etc)

6 hours ago, The Watcher said:

And David Lawton  - 101 this year. (Crossroads, When the Boat Comes In, Z-Cars, Maigret, Compact, etc etc)

Indeed….Bernie Booth! On the list as well.

• Like 1

Georgina Hale obituary.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Shocked 1

On 11/12/2023 at 16:31, YoungWillz said:

Shirley Anne Field being reported dead. Links to follow along with tribute.

Pictures from today's memorial service for Shirley Anne Field, courtesy of Jess Conrad's Xwitter.

ImageImage

L-R Charles Dance, Jess Conrad, Kenneth Cranham. My money's on Conrad outliving the other two.

• Like 4

A group photo from 1983. Quite a few of them ares till with us including John Alderton, Pauline Collins, Liza Goddard, Maureen Lipman, Tom Courtenay, Tom Conti, and Julia Mckenzie.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-21_at_9_06.23_PM.png

• Like 5

Alma Cogan’s sister and character actress Sandra Caron popped up on an old Crystal Maze. According to IMDB, still alive at 88 and seemingly never mentioned here? Still having issues getting internet connected!

Anyway, thought I would mention it in case anyone knows owt.

On 12/01/2024 at 17:53, time said:

Pictures from today's memorial service for Shirley Anne Field, courtesy of Jess Conrad's Xwitter.

ImageImage

L-R Charles Dance, Jess Conrad, Kenneth Cranham. My money's on Conrad outliving the other two.

Conrad is 87, Cranham 79 and Dance 77. I agree that Conrad looks comfortably the best of the three and I expect him to make it well into his 90s. He looks at least ten years younger than he is. Cranham is a well known hell-raiser and has done well to make it this far. None of them look especially unwell in fairness. 

Their cheery grins won't deter the Reaper. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deathrace said:

I agree that Conrad looks comfortably the best of the three

Is it the Botox though?

• Like 1

Actor Richard Howard has died aged 79. Better known for theatre, but has his fair share of TV credits, including 20 Emmerdale episodes, three in The Bill and a Poirot.

• Like 1

Seen a couple of reports of the death of part actor Les Conrad on 27 January: 

Star Wars work, various minor roles in Doctor Who, The Avengers, Blake’s 7 and the film Scum.

His sons played Romulus and Remus in The Twin Dilemma for Doctor Who.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0175687/

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Ian Lavender reportedly dead aged 77. He was the last surviving cast member of Dad’s Army. This is the only source at the moment, but seems well connected and reputable.

No.

Fucking.

Way.

Awful if true. And that's your "find a death now" in amongst the coverage.

They were all brilliant. Still thought he had years in him. 

• Like 1