the_engineer

Conspiracy Theories

If it's the Yanks then World War Three is heading our way. But the Chinese have other weapons at their disposal...

If this is the Yanks then surely it's cyber attacks and if it's cyber attacks let's not rule out North Korea.

Personally, I'm with the cock up rather than conspiracy mob and China's health and safety record ain't exactly great.

• Like 1

For a communist state, China have regulatory light touch that would make George Osborne cream himself...

For a communist statecapitalist dictatorship , China have regulatory light touch that would make George Osborne cream himself...

FTFY

• Like 1

They certainly don't do small factory explosions.

[Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0rsPcA-58g

I was running a training course in a Chinese hotel about how health and safety rules should be managed in Chinese factories and there was some work being done on the hotel.

I looked out the window and saw no evidence of anyone wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).

However poor H&S is not just an over there thing. I once went to do some work at a factory in Northamptonshire where I had to scramble over pipes and boxes to reach the fire exit. I knew the fire exit was there because I had been to the factory when the previous owner had it. This was not the only failing that I highlighted in my report. They never asked me back.

I was running a training course in a Chinese hotel about how health and safety rules should be managed in Chinese factories and there was some work being done on the hotel.

I looked out the window and saw no evidence of anyone wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).

However poor H&S is not just an over there thing. I once went to do some work at a factory in Northamptonshire where I had to scramble over pipes and boxes to reach the fire exit. I knew the fire exit was there because I had been to the factory when the previous owner had it. This was not the only failing that I highlighted in my report. They never asked me back.

I thought of this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGB1wODkIs

Not sure how the U.K. made out yesterday when the asteroid hit the earth (as predicted), but here in Texas where I am it really wasn't that bad.

SC

(Edit: BUT WAIT!

"There will still be a very huge chunk of this asteroid that will hit (most likely in the Atlantic Ocean). They believe this is the fulfillment of the 6th seal of Revelation that starts the “Day of the Lord”, the final day of Daniel’s 70th week, which will last for one year."
Maybe THAT was the 'earthquake' and tsunami warnings a few days ago!!! IT WAS A TRUE PROPHECY!! The 6th Seal came a few days EARLY, that's all!)

Not sure how the U.K. made out yesterday when the asteroid hit the earth (as predicted), but here in Texas where I am it really wasn't that bad.

At this side of the North Sea we're fine. As far as I know the UK is gone.

• Like 2

You're thinking of after the next Indy ref.....

• Like 1

It seems Manchester survived.

?

It seems Manchester survived.

Not so sure it looks like a devastated post-apocolyptic wasteland.

What do you mean it always looks like that?

• Like 1

Perhaps the bolide was a bit smaller than expected.

360px-Meteorite_Recovery_Antarctica.jpg

• Like 1

I was under the impression a big chunk of rock was heading our way in 2017, called Toutartis, or something similar...

http://echo.jpl.nasa.gov/asteroids/4179_Toutatis/toutatis.html

That link says it made its closest encounter this century back in 2004 at just under a million miles. You must be thinking of summat else.

From Wiki...

On December 12, 2012 at 06:40 UT Toutatis passed within about 18 lunar distances of Earth. On December 13, the Chinese lunar probe Chang'e 2, launched in 2010 on a lunar mission, flew by Toutatis at a distance of 3.2 kilometers and a relative velocity of 10.73 km/s. Toutatis will approach Earth again in 2016, but will not make another notably close approach until 2069.

From Wiki...

On December 12, 2012 at 06:40 UT Toutatis passed within about 18 lunar distances of Earth. On December 13, the Chinese lunar probe Chang'e 2, launched in 2010 on a lunar mission, flew by Toutatis at a distance of 3.2 kilometers and a relative velocity of 10.73 km/s. Toutatis will approach Earth again in 2016, but will not make another notably close approach until 2069.

2069, so what comes first, a close encounter with the asteroid or the death of Zsa Zsa Gabor?

• Like 4

From Wiki...

2069, so what comes first, a close encounter with the asteroid or the death of Zsa Zsa Gabor?

please we all know we'll be dead by the time zsa zsa Gabor corks it

They name a rapper called Ol' Dirty Bastard as one of the most famous people to die in 2004, but not that old, dirty bastard Ronald Reagan?

Gotta love that!

In other news, sometime in 2016 I'll be banging on about a published masterpiece collecting Beatle conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

They name a rapper called Ol' Dirty Bastard as one of the most famous people to die in 2004, but not that old, dirty bastard Ronald Reagan?

Interesting... many Avril Lavigne fans were born after Ronald Reagan was president (if one assumes that her fan base after her breakthrough in 2002 consisted mostly of girls under the age of 13). And probably all of them can't remember the time he was president, so for them, Ronald Reagan was just some old (and demented) guy.