themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2013

Well done MiB and thank you.

Pleased to see I have six unique picks, here's to a bumper year hopefully!

I would like to address the fact that the Grace Jones that I had intended for my theme team (Britain's oldest woman) has been mixed up with the singer Grace Jones. While I did seem to leave out the fact that I meant the old, 113-year-old one in my e-mail *facepalm* it would be totally stupid to have a Jamaican woman in a British Isles theme team (hence don't think I'm pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here). Thought this was the most appropriate place to put this. APOLOGIES.

Superb. TMIB, Ill be in touch but Judy Agnew and Mary Bird are both dead. Agnew died last year and Bird in 2011 but Illl check when. Shocked to check the history and find that Im second only to DDT in the all-time rankings. Didnt think I was that high

Superb. TMIB, Ill be in touch but Judy Agnew and Mary Bird are both dead. Agnew died last year and Bird in 2011 but Illl check when. Shocked to check the history and find that Im second only to DDT in the all-time rankings. Didnt think I was that high

Oh God! Why didn't anyone say anything about Agnew? She died in June! No obit though, which explains why. With Mary Bird its hard to tell as there was barely anything about her.

I would like to address the fact that the Grace Jones that I had intended for my theme team (Britain's oldest woman) has been mixed up with the singer Grace Jones. While I did seem to leave out the fact that I meant the old, 113-year-old one in my e-mail *facepalm* it would be totally stupid to have a Jamaican woman in a British Isles theme team (hence don't think I'm pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here). Thought this was the most appropriate place to put this. APOLOGIES.

No, that'll be me. Yes, its a coincidence that the singer has come in at the same time as the oldie, but that can be sorted with a slight adjustment to the picks database...

No, that'll be me. Yes, its a coincidence that the singer has come in at the same time as the oldie,, but that can be sorted with a slight adjustment to the picks database...

Much appreciated! Thank you, MIB!

Right, more awake now. Mary Bird.. I am positive when I sent you a photo for her a few years back, that I discovered she had died and I thought I'd sent an email. But after Googling, and checking my emails, I can't find it. I think it's like Trudy Endersby, probably dead but without the proof, keep them on.

I'll email you in a minute but the one thing I had noticed - not major (or actually it is a Major)- is that the picture of Bill Guarnere is that of the late, great, Major Richard Winters.

Cheers TMIB. A great job again. Do you want/need details for those F1 drivers?

Can't believe I didn't get a unique for Barry Elliott. Probably won't die anyway but still disappointing. On the other hand, a potential unique-joker with Surtees for the theme team, although he seemed pretty reasonable at the Autosport International Show this weekend

Guest Pedro

Great work TMIB.

Gobsmacked to have Elaine Strich as a unique pick on my theme team, conidering she made the DL50 this year.

Yep, great work TMIB. Thanks for getting the teams up so dam quickly. Top man.

Glad to see I have one Unique. Kim Kyong-hui (daughter of the former leader of North Korea, Kim Il-Sung.)

Another small point, the pic of Sally Kellerman is actually Loretta Swit.

I'm amazed Mrs DDT has managed to get Lord McAlpine as a unique pick. He was supposed have been on my team, but I forgot about him, so I persuaded her to pick him instead - at the expense of Pete Doherty, I think. I thought he sounded at absolute death's door when interviewed late last year. He admitted to having "a very dodgy heart" and, going by the weak, rasping gasps emanating from him, it seemed to have almost stopped beating altogether.

• Like 1

In terms of my uniques I'm surprised Tony Sheridan's one. When doing research I saw something on Twitter saying he was hospitalized, and the linked article mentioned him as being seriously ill. However the latest news is that he's improving, which was mentioned after the new year began.

And for my theme team, I wouldn't have thought Nabors would've been a unique. Turns out he wasn't on a team since 2008!

Hi TMIB,

I've noticed that the formatting of the Jimmy Young entry is a bit screwed up.

TTFN

I had to chuckle at Leading To(o) Dead's brave pick of Ivan Christian, the former mayor of Pitcairn Island.

Despite Wikipedia still listing him as alive, as a bit of an expert on that part of the world and a friend of one of his grandchildren, I'm sorry to break the news that Ivan Christian died....in 1991.

That's being sorted. For some reason my excel load doesn't transfer all the characters to the notes section. Insists on a 255 limit, even though you can add more manually, which I have done. In the next update, it should be back to normal...

I had to chuckle at Leading To(o) Dead's brave pick of Ivan Christian, the former mayor of Pitcairn Island.

Despite Wikipedia still listing him as alive, as a bit of an expert on that part of the world and a friend of one of his grandchildren, I'm sorry to break the news that Ivan Christian died....in 1991.

I think I'll quietly do a bit of a substitution...

I'm amazed Mrs DDT has managed to get Lord McAlpine as a unique pick. He was supposed have been on my team, but I forgot about him, so I persuaded her to pick him instead - at the expense of Pete Doherty, I think. I thought he sounded at absolute death's door when interviewed late last year. He admitted to having "a very dodgy heart" and, going by the weak, rasping gasps emanating from him, it seemed to have almost stopped beating altogether.

Did you have a stethoscope glued to the TV DDT? :)

I've got 7 uniques, but these days for me it's all about the sport...

After failing to pick any unique, erm, picks last year I've done rather well to find three this year: Roberta Cowell (Britain's first male to female transexual who is currently a 94 year old "lady"), 3-2-1 regular Eli Woods, and Joni Mitchell who is (or very possibly isn't) apparently dying of Morgellons disease. Nasty illness if it's real. If it's not, nasty imaginary illness.

I wound up with 5 unique picks. Thatchers cabinets are dropping like flies recently, so I tried thinking outwith the regular suspects for Jopling and Edwards, Kirwan (who I'm surprised is unique) has been in poor health for a while, and Mark Eden (best known from being hit by a tram in Corrie, possibly) is starting to show his age - 85 in February - so is a punt pick.

Former TV director/actor Derek Martinus on the other hand would do very well to see the year out. In very poor health (v frail with Alzheimers and other stuff) and a cert to get an obit due to his Doctor Who connection.

Another small point, the pic of Sally Kellerman is actually Loretta Swit.

Aha! It's the wrong Hotlips Houlahan!

Surprised I have a unique pick. Len Goodman of all people.

He just got married and keeps going on about looking after old people (i,e, Not Him)