themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2013

Taking risks with obscure picks is part of the fun of deadpooling. The BBC are very hit and miss with their obituaries, loads of deserving candidates might miss out. Don't do it, TMIB :(

Not really.

Obscure picks tend to undermine the point of a celebrity dead pool because they're not 'proper famous' like Pat Butcher.

For the record, Jo Bryant was betrayed by the media...

I suppose I might have derived more enjoyment than you this year because I took the right risk :ph34r:

In the ddp-site, why does it say that Princess Lilian was still active in the Swedish royal family, when she's struggled with Alzheimer's for a long time? Btw, she's my second hit for this year.

She was still active whenever she was first picked on DDP

Yes a few entries could do with updating as the Queen is described as not a popular pick but she must be heading for the drop forty in the next two years.

There's well over 3000 names chosen, lots of whom are new this year. Perhaps someone will volunteer to go through them and identify which need updating, write the updates and edit the site. In the meantime, perhaps the rest of us should just shut up bitching.

No bitching was intended. I realise the enormity of the task and we are all grateful to TMIB for all his hard work.

The incongruity of the description with the then long list of picks rather made me smile.

I'm guessing the post wasn't intended as me as much as you but I do hope I didn't come off as bitchy either. Was moreso just answering Roibot's question.

My ire was primarily directed at Roibot, After I posted I realised I was being rather hypocritical as I've had a bitch or two in the past (oo-er) (most recently about the spelling of Roobarb).

Perhaps I should have been less hasty.

Then again, ...

Look, it's not just about updating information that's changed during the past year. Princess Lilian had been ill for a VERY long time, at least 6 years. Not having time to update 6-10 year old information isn't an excuse.

l bet she hadn't been active in decades...Since l'm Swedish, l gotta protect our reputation and stuff like that :)

TMIB,

What do the decisions of the Telegraph & The Sun going behind a paywall mean for future obits for the DDP? May it mean a change of sources in the future as I am sure other papers will follow suit?

From what I understand you will be able to view so many articles for free before charging kicks in so we may have to arrange an obit rota so we can all use our free access to make sure that the online papers are always checked.

I'm already taking a Liverpool-esque "there's always next season" approach to this year's DDP.

Ironically enough...

There's the Hillsborough parent most of us were hoping for :ph34r:

Mrs T gives me my first ever points in the DDP.

Won't make any difference to my ranking though as I think just about everyone else had her as well.

Now maybe I'm a complete idiot (entirely possible), but I can't find any reason why Maggie is listed as being worth 8 points on the DDP homepage. She was between 80-89, which only merits 6, and she didn't die on the 13th, her birthday, a holiday, or of unnatural causes.

Now maybe I'm a complete idiot (entirely possible), but I can't find any reason why Maggie is listed as being worth 8 points on the DDP homepage. She was between 80-89, which only merits 6, and she didn't die on the 13th, her birthday, a holiday, or of unnatural causes.

She isn't, it was an error, it will be changed in the next update...

She was my Joker though :smileyd:

She was my Joker though :smileyd:

It's only a mistake on the front page. The scoreboard has the actual points scored...

I beg to differ:

• Like 1

Has Thatcher paid out any theme team points yet? She's joker on one of my theme teams and I'm currently showing 2 hits (Chavez, Nkomo) on that team.

Has Thatcher paid out any theme team points yet? She's joker on one of my theme teams and I'm currently showing 2 hits (Chavez, Nkomo) on that team.

All will be revealed in the next update...

To make up for previous comments where criticisms were levelled for some information on candiadtes not being updated. I was flicking through yesterday when I came across the David Blaine entry.

That is quality.

Keep up the good work.

To make up for previous comments where criticisms were levelled for some information on candiadtes not being updated. I was flicking through yesterday when I came across the David Blaine entry.

That is quality.

Keep up the good work.

I can't claim credit for that one. That was written up by Rude Kid or Siegfried Baboon, wherever they are...

That is quality.

Keep up the good work.

I can't claim credit for that one. That was written up by Rude Kid or Siegfried Baboon, wherever they are...

Hahaha.

I might have to put him on my list for next year just to guarantee that stays there.

Among descriptions new this year, I gotta say I got a good kick out of the Tommy Wiseau one

Dennis James (Lord Mayor of Swansea)

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Tributes-Lord-Mayor-Dennis-James-dies-aged-68/story-18838094-detail/story.html#axzz2Rsg8fDPp

Dead - no obituary yet, but there's a chance BBC Wales might cover it in the next 48 hours. Be a good hit for Bertie boy if it happens, and a brave one. I dropped James as I didn't think he'd get the obit.

I know he's only worth 5 points, by when is Allan Arbus going to be mentioned?