adrian0719

Ian Watkins

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I am trying to figure out how did not get the overwhelming urge to 'shit it out' every moment it was up there.

It's a mere 8cm - maybe the place he hid it has lately been stretched by some of his new friends!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, openviews said:

Paedophile former Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins 'is critically ill after being stabbed in the neck in prison': Pervert serving 35 years for abusing babies 'was taken hostage and attacked by fellow inmates before being rushed to hospital'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12376885/Disgraced-paedophile-Lostprophets-frontman-Ian-Watkins-stabbed-neck-inmates-vicious-jail-attack-rushed-hospital.html

Crossposting

ach well, no great loss

12 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

ach well, no great loss

Don't get my hopes up with ambiguous posts like that.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Don't get my hopes up with ambiguous posts like that.

Sorry

Fucking stupid inmates, can't even do a simple job right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

He's due to be released in 9.5 years from now, but that's nearly a decade for fellow inmates to try and get him again.

Really hoping "second time lucky" is some of these's motto...

If at first you don't succeed, stab stab again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Funeralopolis said:

Injuries are not life threatening. 

First Larry Nassar, now this? What a shame.

How are his bandmates doing, after he destroyed their careers?

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

How are his bandmates doing, after he destroyed their careers?

Stu Richardson and Lee Gaze are struggling on to no significant commercial gain as two thirds of No Devotion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Devotion

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Stu Richardson and Lee Gaze are struggling on to no significant commercial gain as two thirds of No Devotion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Devotion

Might give them a listen.

Is it still PC to blast "Last Train Home" or "Last Summer"?

I never know where the line is with these things. Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2" still gets blasted at a lot of U.S. sporting events. Michael Jackson, R Kelly songs still seem to be okay.

Can one of the more woke amongst you tell me? @TQR?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I never know where the line is with these things. Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2" still gets blasted at a lot of U.S. sporting events. Michael Jackson, R Kelly songs still seem to be okay.

Can one of the more intelligent amongst you tell me? @TQR?

Are you asking if you can separate the art from the artist?

Just now, TQR said:

Are you asking if you can separate the art from the artist?

Yessum.

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Yessum.

Whatever jerks your gherk.

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Can one of the more woke amongst you tell me? @TQR?

There's no rule on this - re Glitter, I'm still partial to the odd blast though - largely - because separating the art from that artist is easy enough with the records. The whole vision for that big sound with the double drum kits and the primal slabs of guitar was the work of producer Mike Leander and most of the building blocks were in place when they hired a jobbing singer who just happened to be a closet nonce. With all due respects to his co-writing credits, Glitter's main job was gurning for TOTP cameras and and running around to wind up the live crowds. 

I struggle listening to something as self-aggrandizing as Michael Jackson's Earth Song.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2023 at 22:11, maryportfuncity said:

There's no rule on this - re Glitter, I'm still partial to the odd blast though - largely - because separating the art from that artist is easy enough with the records. The whole vision for that big sound with the double drum kits and the primal slabs of guitar was the work of producer Mike Leander and most of the building blocks were in place when they hired a jobbing singer who just happened to be a closet nonce.

You've only got to listen to the Glitter Band's singles to hear the difference that Gary made. The Glitter sound was certainly originated by Mike Leander, but it wouldn't have been the same without the Leader and his grotesque presence.

I fuck kidz was his password 

10 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

You've only got to listen to the Glitter Band's singles to hear the difference that Gary made. The Glitter sound was certainly originated by Mike Leander, but it wouldn't have been the same without the Leader and his grotesque presence.

Hmmm, so The Glitter Band were keen to show their musicianship and their records had to sound different to his or there'd have been little point to them. The big sound of the early hits was all in place before The Leader got there. Serious point, they could have hired someone else within reason and might still be out there touring the whole thing. 

I posted that answer in reply to a question about separating art and artist. The one thing I'd give Glitter total credit for is how good he was on stage - only saw him once on the comeback trail, and he was - frankly - awesome.

On 07/08/2023 at 11:23, Toast said:

Might give them a listen.

No Devotion isn't too bad, they're fronted by the lead singer from post hardcore/emo legends Thursday and grindcore band United Nations (Geoff Rickly). No Devotion is more of a post-punk thing with heavy use of synths etc.

• Like 1