Windsor

The Dead Of 2013

Actor Jon Finch has died. He'd played all sorts of luvvie actory roles but I mainly know him for being the rather smarmy producer who turns Hazel O'Connor into a complete sell-out in Breaking Glass. RIP.

Was once tipped for big things but it never quite happened

Sounds like that was from his own choice. Like Handrejka, I vaguely remember him as being quite fit - from something or other he was in when I was much younger.

I googled some pics of him and realised that he has been in Horror films too. Was he one of the regulars on those Hammer horror films?

Yeah, was a good looking fella.

I googled some pics of him and realised that he has been in Horror films too. Was he one of the regulars on those Hammer horror films?

Yeah, was a good looking fella.

Think he was in a few, but by no means synonymous with them. Was in the first episode of Hammer House of Horror, which still appears regularly on satellite reruns

Guest Deadly Doug

Ah've bin away for a while, like, but now ah'm back.  I marked yer cards with Phil Drabble, Reg Gutteridge and others.  Here's a few poor buggers that are knocking on death's door:

Doug Ellis

Viktor Korchnoi

Arthur Garfunkel

I thank you

Deadly Doug

Garfunkel (paralysed vocal chords and nearing slap-head level of baldness but...) what's threatening his life, then?

Probably hinting at the history of depression. Didn't turn up for a gig or two a few weeks back. Smoker and bit of an alchy (I think) in the past too

Definite depressive history where Garfunkel is concerned, he blames it for stalling his career in the eighties and links most of it to the somewhat thoughtless act of suicide committed by Laurie Bird in the apartment she shared with Garfunkel in New York.

I admit to occasionally peeking at Art Garfunkel's website to see what he's been reading (Garfunkel has listed every book he's read since June 1968). Perhaps worryingly, his list, usually frequently updated, hasn't be added to since September.

I admit to occasionally peeking at Art Garfunkel's website to see what he's been reading (Garfunkel has listed every book he's read since June 1968). Perhaps worryingly, his list, usually frequently updated, hasn't be added to since September.

He read 50 Shades of Grey !!!!! and what's worse, marked it as a favourite !!!!! :lol:

• Like 1

He read 50 Shades of Grey !!!!! and what's worse, marked it as a favourite !!!!! :lol:

In fairness it's probably what passes as a sexual thrill for him nowadays

• Like 1

Nagisa Ôshima

The Japanese director of "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence" has died aged 80. Was discussed here in last year's possibilities thread.

Nagisa Ôshima

The Japanese director of "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence" has died aged 80. Was discussed here in last year's possibilities thread.

So far 2 internationally acclaimed foreign film directors in their 80s have died in January and neither one was on my theme which consists of mostly geriatric acclaimed foreign directors. :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Uconfirmed reports that Noel Edmonds has been killed in a helicopter crash in central London.Don't know if its just a malaiccous rummour though.Just off to watcfh the news...

Guest Guest

Diff'rent Strokes pa Conrad Bain won't be outliving Todd Bridges.

That's pretty much the whole lot of them dead now isn't it

Uconfirmed reports that Noel Edmonds has been killed in a helicopter crash in central London.Don't know if its just a malaiccous rummour though.Just off to watcfh the news...

Sadly it was Pete Barnes the pilot. He was friendly with my hubby and hubby has been in a 'copter with Pete when he was younger when he worked at Castle Air.

Hubby in pieces having just seen the news.

Apart from Todd Bridges whom Death Impends mentioned above

What you talkin bout, troll?

Charlotte Rae is also still around, albeit she was only in the early episodes

Also looking at it, Norman Lear has outlived a shitload of stars on the shows he's produced

My first hit of the year. :D

Charlotte Rae is also still around, albeit she was only in the early episodes

Also looking at it, Norman Lear has outlived a shitload of stars on the shows he's produced

They're both on my list, too.

Would've been a result for the tabloids, mind. The Sun could have run another headline reading: Gotcha!