The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2014

Six suggestions for next year :

1) Luise Rainer (b.1910) - double Oscar Winner who looks extremely frail and is wheelchair bound.

2)Sir Nicholas Winton (b.1909) - "British Schindler "guaranteed numerous UK obituaries appeared lucid but slumped back in his chair with the One Show`s Dan Snow recently.

3)Dora Bryan (b.1923) of Last of the Summer Wine fame has had severe Alzheimers disease for several years.

4)John Bardon (B.1939)- has been paralysed since a major stroke six years ago and was taped in bed looking very frail in a Documentary presented by his former Eastenders co-star June Brown.

5)Daniel Von Bargen (b.1950) -American actor who shot himself in the head last year.Aside from that has severe diabetes which has lead to amputations

6)Sue Townsend (b.1946) Author of Adrian Mole is now registered blind is wheelchair bound and has suffered a heart attack and stroke as well as kidney failure resulting from type 1 diabetes - was quoted earlier this year as saying "I won`t make old bones".

Damn it, a lot of people better die this year so we can cram all of these + Muhammed Ali + Queen Fiabola + Everyone else on the brink of dying into next years list, then again we could leave Vera Lynn and Olivia De Havilland off the list for just one year considering how they don't seem to be going anywhere.

Only half the list can return for next year regardless of how many die. If we're talking DeathList terms most of those names would be good fits, especially Bryan and Rainer, but certainly not Von Bargen who's rather minor as an actor and probably more well known for his suicide attempt than he is for his acting.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Just heard David Jacobs last show on radio 2. Reminds me of Patrick Moore in hi s final months.Could hardly make out what he was saying.Definately not long for this world judging by what I heard :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2388475/Ill-die-dignity--lots-Dom-Perignon-Actress-Sally-Farmiloe-reveals-shes-worst-possible-news-cancer-thought-shed-beaten-returns.html - Actress and model Sally Farmiloe is being treated for stage four breast cancer which has spread to her bones and liver!Judging by this article it seems unlikely that she will make it until next year but if she does she would be a dead cert for next year !

Arsene Wenger losing his marbles,gonna top himself???

http://www.dailymail...en-returns.html - Actress and model Sally Farmiloe is being treated for stage four breast cancer which has spread to her bones and liver!Judging by this article it seems unlikely that she will make it until next year but if she does she would be a dead cert for next year !

I had to check this out to see who she was but the Archer link makes it more significant.

I didn't watch Howard's Way.

Yes she is probably only suitable for the DDP upon reflection-She is guaranteed a few UK obits but it won`t be a top story on the evening news which is probably the criteria expected during The Death List`s selection process.

I was last here in 2004. What happened to Richard O'Sullivan. He has to be a contender for 2014 n'est-ce pas ?

http://www.dailymail...cognisable.html

Somewhere, Tony Blackburn is having a good laugh about this

Checking up on a baseball pick of mine, Chris Graham , who if he dies in the same time frame as his mum will go late this year/early next, a recent update gives a couple more possibilities.

"

Michael Weiner, executive director of baseball's player union, was diagnosed last summer to have an inoperable glioblastoma. Speaking at a luncheon with baseball writers before last week's All-Star Game, Weiner said he no longer has movement in his right side and has been confined to a wheelchair.

Former Phillies catcher Darren Daulton underwent surgery earlier this month for the removal of two glioblastomas. Four others who also played for the Phillies in the 1970s -- Tug McGraw, John Vukovich, Johnny Oates and Ken Brett -- have succumbed to brain cancer. "

Reports on the footie forums that ex Forest star and Martin O'Neills right hand man, John Robertson has had a heart attack .

I'm sure its not his first and he enjoyed a ciggie or ten, might be one to have an eye on.

Hope he makes a full recovery right nuff.

Article in today's Observer discussing cutting edge cancer treatment features wing commander (i.e. guaranteed Telegraph obit) Brian Liversidge. The man would have been dead without a new and highly effective drug treatment, but he's one of a number of guinea pigs for this treatment and he wouldn't be in the article, or this position, unless his prognosis had been really bleak to start with.

Uh-oh, really dodgy territory (so obviously I'll name names). Huff Post and The Sun are amongst those getting in a right state about the misfortunes of Marilyn Massie. Beaten up and robbed but she's been named and photographed in the tabloids (probs in the hope of someone grassing the criminal responsible). All of which brings her into our orbit because she's a 63 year old great-gran who is terminally ill, and there's a marginal chance the follow up to the current story might involve reporting her death when it happens. Personally, I'm dubious - given the way Rachel Jones and her ilk are discussed when alive and make local headlines only on death - but I thought I'd, like, mention it.

I have a hunch Bali Death Row's newest inmate won't be executed this year, or next, but she's probably worthy of debate until we know she's safe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21137649

Appeal rejected..

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23894761

I have a hunch Bali Death Row's newest inmate won't be executed this year, or next, but she's probably worthy of debate until we know she's safe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21137649

Appeal rejected..

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23894761

Remember kids, you can only pick her for the DDP on the basis of death other than execution...

Remember kids, you can only pick her for the DDP on the basis of death other than execution...

She could always top herself, or get fatally shanked...

She could always top herself, or get fatally shanked...

Or develop any one of a number of life-threatening conditions because of the poor accomodation and high-stress lifestyle currently foisted on her.