Vinegar Tits

Wilko Johnson

Got a couple of Dr. Feelgood albums. Good band...

A Trigger's broom band these days though.

So are a lot of bands when they've clocked up 30+ years. The Dubliners finally split up recentky and they had none of the original members left!

• Like 1

So are a lot of bands when they've clocked up 30+ years. The Dubliners finally split up recentky and they had none of the original members left!

None of the originals alive even. Though I suppose you must have a hit if your band keeps going six months after the last of the founding members dies...

None of the originals alive even. Though I suppose you must have a hit if your band keeps going six months after the last of the founding members dies...

In classical orchestras this is perfectly normal, so why not in pop bands?

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

Classical orchestras are just cover bands, mostly.

• Like 1

Classical orchestras are just cover bands, mostly.

Certainly, but that doesn't invalidate my point. One philosophical view on Theseus' paradox suggests that a Trigger's broom band is also mostly a cover band.

regards,

Hein

I suspect we will not be having this conversation about the Sugababes in 30 years time...

• Like 1

I suspect we will not be having this conversation about the Sugababes in 30 years time...

Who?

Wilko Johnson's Solid Send-Off

I went to the Final Farewell gig at Koko in Camden on Sunday night and it was a wonderful celebration of the man and his music. He even played the Chuck Berry song 'Bye bye Johnny' as an encore and got the audience to wave him goodbye! There was no sadness...even at the end when he said goodbye. He still looks fit and strong, although he looks like he's lost some weight and he's even cheekily slipped two more gigs in on the 15th & 16th in Guernsey.

Here's a review -

http://www.theartsdesk.com/new-music/wilko-johnson-koko

Wilko Johnson's Solid Send-Off

I went to the Final Farewell gig at Koko in Camden on Sunday night and it was a wonderful celebration of the man and his music. He even played the Chuck Berry song 'Bye bye Johnny' as an encore and got the audience to wave him goodbye! There was no sadness...even at the end when he said goodbye. He still looks fit and strong, although he looks like he's lost some weight and he's even cheekily slipped two more gigs in on the 15th & 16th in Guernsey.

Here's a review -

http://www.theartsde...ko-johnson-koko

Bye Bye Johnny if I remember was a popular cover by Dr Feelgood back in the day.

BBC Four are showing Oil City Confidential (Feelgood's movie) tonight. Highly recommended, I'll bet the online blurb if you click the information button is top-knotch as well!

Wilko has had to cancel two shows recently as his health takes a further battering.

I've also had word that Wilko's replacement in Dr. Feelgood, Gypie Mayo is also currently suffering from some serious health issues.

An update on Gypie Mayo's health.

He says "there is light at the end of the tunnel. Last week, in an op, my spine was strengthened with rods and lifted off my nerves. For the first time since Nov, I am free of awful pain. I hope to be home in 2 weeks. Then 6 wks bed rest and I will start to feel more normal."

Although things were a bit more completed and commencing this week, he's undertaking a 6 week course of radiotherapy, 10 sessions daily

Wilko has added a new gig. He'll be playing the DV8 Festival in York on July 14th.

Two new dates added. Fuji Rock Festival Japan..27th & 28th July

Wilko's recording a farewell album with Roger Daltrey.

Roger, wilko!

• Like 1

Two more gig dates added. He'll be playing KOKO in Camden Town, London on the 13th and 14th October 2013.

Hang in there Wilko...

Is Dr Hook the source of the famous line: "so, Caroline Aherne, what first attracted you to millionaire Peter Hook" or am I getting my media quotes mixed up

When he comes offstage after the last of his currently scheduled gigs there's less than 80 days to the start of next year's dead pools. Surely, he's in serious danger of making everyone's team!

Wilko's successor in Dr Feelgood, John "Gypie" Mayo has died at the age of 62

• Like 1