WonderingAboutDeath

Sir Harold Wilson

Sir Harold Wilson, the Labour politician who served as Prime Minister from 1964 to 1970 and 1974 to 1976 is 96. How many people think he'll live until 100? Can we get a health update because I haven't heard what he's doing in a while? He's had Alzheimers since the late 1980's so he can't be that well off.

A Baroness Wilson thread? If we must.

A Harold Wilson thread? No thanks.

A Baroness Wilson thread? If we must.

A Harold Wilson thread? No thanks.

Just thought I'd un-delete this thread, I could do with a laugh :D

• Like 1

Sir Harold Wilson, the Labour politician who served as Prime Minister from 1964 to 1970 and 1974 to 1976 is 96. How many people think he'll live until 100? Can we get a health update because I haven't heard what he's doing in a while? He's had Alzheimers since the late 1980's so he can't be that well off.

I think you've had Alzheimer's since the 1980s...

How's Generalissimo Francisco Franco doing? I'd assume he's still dead but you can never be too sure...

Can we talk about Thomas Tallis's current health in this thread or do I need to start a new one for him?

• Like 1

I heard Ivan the Terrible has syphilis, he can't be in very good health these days.

Worth keeping an eye on?

• Like 1

Wasn't there some bloke called Christ who was nailed to a couple of bits of wood for a few days, then made an amazing recovery? Wonder what happened to him?

Are we sure that this isn't just a Peter Falk-type gag, taken a step further?

Some Roman leader by the name of Caesar keeps harping on about March- could be 1 to watch :smileyd:

Mind you had does have a rather nice salad named after him..........

How's Maggie Thatcher getting on these days?

I imagine her passing may not go unnoticed and then we can all have really good debate about how she dragged down/up our country!

One to keep an eye on might be this big bloke called Goliath. I heard there's a possible fight brewing between him and this kid called David who's actually great with a slingshot. So I think there might be a bit of an upset on the cards.

• Like 1

Abe Vigoda seems like he's worth a punt. The next-to-last-surviving witness to the death of Socrates died a few weeks back, maybe the notability of being the last one will finish poor Abe off.

I read in the paper that Pharaoh Ramesses II of Egypt isn´t feeling well. He may well live another few decades, but I think he´s well worth a punt.

regards,

Hein

This gag is getting old already

Is the gag so old that its likely to pop its clogs anytime soon? possible;e for next year? What's the likelihood of a qualifying obit for any pools?
  • Like 4

Is the gag so old that its likely to pop its clogs anytime soon? possible;e for next year? What's the likelihood of a qualifying obit for any pools?

Dead, I think she will get an obit, Millions of Cats was an incredible book, it even won a Newbery Award.

Did someone really created a thread for a prime minister dead 18 years earlier ? 

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Did someone really created a thread for a prime minister dead 18 years earlier ? 

I refer you to the Elvis Presley thread. 

*shrug*

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I refer you to the Elvis Presley thread. 

*shrug*

There are conspiracy theorists out there who think Elvis is still alive. I doubt Harold Wilson attracts the same kind of mystique. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Joe Haines getting it all out of his system before he pops his clogs.

On my list for next year should he survive.

Lord Bernard Donoghue is another one to watch from that era who is mentioned in this article. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

There are conspiracy theorists out there who think Elvis is still alive. I doubt Harold Wilson attracts the same kind of mystique. 

Look at this stunning devil. There's been a lot of speculation about his private life for a long time. So up he pops again.  :sherlock:

Harold Wilson on Make a GIF

• Like 1