Spade_Cooley

Only Fools And Horses

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Sounds like they thought he had cancer elsewhere, had the full scan and caught it in the lungs instead? COPD for years plus a lung cancer scare. Gone in 18-24 months tops imo.

That is what I have concluded.The lesions obviously looked suspicious so could well still turn nasty.He said also interestingly he would be dead now months later had they not found the cancer suggesting it was a very aggressive form of cancer.Was formerly a heavy smoker  so quite possibly squamous cell carcinoma.

Patrick Murray announces he has been cured of lung cancer,* and his liver cancer is shrinking.

*yes, yes, Sir Creep, his word, not mine.

• Like 3

On 22/05/2022 at 13:57, msc said:

Patrick Murray announces he has been cured of lung cancer,* and his liver cancer is shrinking.

*yes, yes, Sir Creep, his word, not mine.

i still think it would be a fine theme team ‘people who have beaten cancer’ (of course their quotes would need to be maintained).  I no dae it so y’all welcome to it.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11628681/Only-Fools-Horses-star-Patrick-Murray-diagnosed-cancer-second-time.html

Patrick Murray has had half his liver removed due to primary liver cancer.Regretting not picking him for this years DDP now.

He was a unique pick for me last year. I dropped him for this year. Fux ache.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11628681/Only-Fools-Horses-star-Patrick-Murray-diagnosed-cancer-second-time.html

Patrick Murray has had half his liver removed due to primary liver cancer.Regretting not picking him for this years DDP now.

Oh dear. It doesn’t sound like he will be around for 2024. 

On 12/01/2023 at 18:46, TQR said:

He was a unique pick for me last year. I dropped him for this year. Fux ache.

He wouldn’t have been this year as the team ‘Now That's What I Call Emeli Sande's In Memoriam’ has picked him and has him as a unique. 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2023 at 18:42, Sean said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/only-fools-horses-star-patrick-29794486
Says it has spread all over now but it might be kept a bay for months and even years. If he alive for 2024 the main list should consider him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A stage IV relapse lung cancer spread to the lymph nodes and bones. With on top COPD. He ain't seeing Christmas.

• Like 2

Can we cross reference Trevor Francis here as he was mentioned in the theme tune? We never did find out who the "Mush in Shepherds Bush" was. 

In any event, Francis dying in his 60s is yet another sign of an OFAH death curse. 

• Like 2

Reading through his X (formerly known as Twitter) feed to get a handle on his cancer, Patrick Murray has some of the weirdest politics known to man. It's 50% "woke snowflakes fuck off I'm going to eat bacon in a mosque" and 50% "lock Trump up, Biden2024".

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Reading through his X (formerly known as Twitter) feed to get a handle on his cancer, Patrick Murray has some of the weirdest politics known to man. It's 50% "woke snowflakes fuck off I'm going to eat bacon in a mosque" and 50% "lock Trump up, Biden2024".

It's always the way, most folk don't have black or white views.

It's the same with the most avid foaming at the mouth Brexiteers who trip down their local football club to cheer on their players from Europe on the pitch.

While I can't bring myself to pick Mr Murray for anything, I hope he is well.

On 24/04/2023 at 13:51, msc said:

A stage IV relapse lung cancer spread to the lymph nodes and bones. With on top COPD. He ain't seeing Christmas.

Reliable as ever, @msc;):lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Reliable as ever, @msc;):lol:

I refer you to all those DDP wins of mine. :D

• Haha 2

Just watched the 1982 OFAH episode "No Greater Love" and quiet surprised that the actress who played Rodney's love interest (Gaye Brown) and the actor who played her violent husband (David Daker) are both still alive aged 82 and 88 respectively. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/only-fools-horses-star-lands-31873921
Patrick Murray gets a heavy fine for bad car parking. 

Well, you haven't focused on the main bit of interest to us:

his cancer had returned. Sharing the tragic news with his fans, he said: "Despite all the wonderful efforts by the medical and nursing teams at Medway, Guys, and Kings College hospitals, the lung cancer has returned. I thought I had a painful groin strain a couple of months ago, unfortunately that turned out to be the cancer getting into my pelvis and leg bones."

He added: "It has also entered my lymphatic system. What about the good news? I had radiology treatment last week and my oncologist is fairly confident this will stop the leg pain, and I will be up and about again. Another positive is my consultant. He is confident that the chemo will keep things in check for months and even years

I'm getting Linda Nolan vibes here...

• Like 1

It was a private parking ticket issued by one of those cowboy firms FIVE years ago, so it's a non-story.  Those can usually be cancelled by the store manager if you can justify your actions.

GGtyt9QWEAAM-IC.jpg

£150? Fucking hell.

Although the same company has numerous other meet and greets with OFAH cast members scheduled later in the year, and Murray isn't booked on any of them, so maybe that's him announcing a life-expectancy? Instead, you can spend £25 to meet the guy who played the doctor that was meant to give Del Boy a vasectomy in that episode where Cassandra miscarried.

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

GGtyt9QWEAAM-IC.jpg

£150? Fucking hell.

Although the same company has numerous other meet and greets with OFAH cast members scheduled later in the year, and Murray isn't booked on any of them, so maybe that's him announcing a life-expectancy? Instead, you can spend £25 to meet the guy who played the doctor that was meant to give Del Boy a vasectomy in that episode where Cassandra miscarried.

This time next year at those prices, Mr Murray will be a millionaire.

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

This time next year at those prices, Mr Murray will be a millionaire.

b5f22140-121f-4c83-bd27-a00fe16683c5_text.gif

• Haha 2