Dr. Zorders

Stupid/funny/cool/outrageous/scary/weird/crazy Stuff You Read/saw In The News/on The Internet

Nostradamus’ 2024 predictions are trending hard right now. The predictions - or, rather, the interpretations of his 470-year-old quatrains - include a scandalous new pope, an arseload of civil unrest, a huge Chinese naval war in the Indian Ocean, more climate disaster and the rise of a new “King of the isles” who’ll drive the old one out by force.

Interestingly, Nostradamus’ 2023 predictions included a scandalous new pope, an arseload of civil unrest (but “Rouen would not fall to the King”), World War III possibly caused by China joining in with ongoing conflicts, more climate disaster and the rise of cannibalism.

27 minutes ago, TQR said:

Nostradamus’ 2024 predictions are trending hard right now. The predictions - or, rather, the interpretations of his 470-year-old quatrains - include a scandalous new pope, an arseload of civil unrest, a huge Chinese naval war in the Indian Ocean, more climate disaster and the rise of a new “King of the isles” who’ll drive the old one out by force.

Interestingly, Nostradamus’ 2023 predictions included a scandalous new pope, an arseload of civil unrest (but “Rouen would not fall to the King”), World War III possibly caused by China joining in with ongoing conflicts, more climate disaster and the rise of cannibalism.

There are no "2024 predictions".  Nostradamus's quatrains are not dated and not in order. 

The one about the King of the Islands has always been interpreted as referring to Edward VIII.  Forced to abdicate because it was not acceptable in those days for a King to marry a divorcée.  Replaced by a man who was not expected to succeed to the throne, ie his brother George VI.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

There are no "2024 predictions".  Nostradamus's quatrains are not dated and not in order. 

The one about the King of the Islands has always been interpreted as referring to Edward VIII.  Forced to abdicate because it was not acceptable in those days for a King to marry a divorcée.  Replaced by a man who was not expected to succeed to the throne, ie his brother George VI.

Well, you know that, I know that, but it’s an entertaining read all the same.

The interpretations are hilarious of late. These people will raise your George VI with a certain Henry IX, a sure fire way of getting the clicks and snarls from the GBeebies mob.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

The interpretations are hilarious of late. These people will raise your George VI with a certain Henry IX, a sure fire way of getting the clicks and snarls from the GBeebies mob.

I know. To them I say <Lardy's avatar>  :P

1 hour ago, Toast said:

The only Nostradamus I care about is the Bulgarian pretender, Baba Vanga:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/301033960/baba-vanga-the-nostradamus-of-the-balkans-made-some-terrifying-predictions-for-2024

"File photo: A semi-literate blind woman who died in 1996 thinks 2024 is the year humanity will cure cancer."

Only on Stuff.

On 31/12/2023 at 18:22, Clorox Bleachman said:

The only Nostradamus I care about is the Bulgarian pretender, Baba Vanga:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/301033960/baba-vanga-the-nostradamus-of-the-balkans-made-some-terrifying-predictions-for-2024

"File photo: A semi-literate blind woman who died in 1996 thinks 2024 is the year humanity will cure cancer."

Only on Stuff.

Baba Vanga is as accurate in predicting world events as Nathan Rao is in predicting the weather.

As I may have mentioned before, I have a t shirt that has these two lines with the (green, naturally) Wombling Free logo beneath them.

• Like 4

Love this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ain't no massive cock like the evacuation zone for the moving of an unexploded bomb in Plymouth. :lol:

Map shows route Plymouth bomb will be taken to detonate at sea as  homeowners are warned their houses could be DESTROYED in the process |  Daily Mail Online

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Surely, having visited there a few times, would just improve the area. if they blew it up on site!

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Saw this today on social media. No idea if this has been posted on the forums before, probably, but interesting for sure.

sevenes.thumb.jpg.a4616bfc3f2d3a1b2d59f09b8d5fc686.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, arghton said:

Saw this today on social media. No idea if this has been posted on the forums before, probably, but interesting for sure.

sevenes.thumb.jpg.a4616bfc3f2d3a1b2d59f09b8d5fc686.jpg

Interesting. Of the 20, 16 survived the 70s and 9 are still alive today.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TQR said:

Interesting. Of the 20, 16 survived the 70s and 9 are still alive today.

Also, none of them died between Lennon in 1980 and Harrison in 2001.

• Like 1

Spot the incredible typo:

1573509079_Image26-02-2024at08_49.thumb.jpeg.8d5ae531f3f9455dc8e6a6418016e943.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Actually @Death Impends would I be allowed to have the typo as my ‘rank’ thing? :D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TQR said:

Actually @Death Impends would I be allowed to have the typo as my ‘rank’ thing? :D

You sure would be!

• Thanks 1

• Haha 3

Only Brits and Aussies realise that this is a glowing compliment:

1884033764_Image05-03-2024at16_47.thumb.jpeg.804a5369c23595533969f650377df741.jpeg

Let's hope you don't win big on a scratchcard: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13161893/Lottery-scratchcard-winners-forced-wait-weeks-money.html

Yes, the new operators have installed rules which prevent you getting your cash, as the Post Office won't pay you and the company have rules about providing ID.

It's the next scandal. I have no photo ID for example in any form. Not that I play the scratchcards mind you. 

Kansas City Chiefs fans amputated and died because of the cold after attending/watching a game !

For world poetry day, I must share another gem from my fave, Brian Bilston.

IMG_9410.thumb.jpeg.61fa043b37b5ce5744e386fcb5873c08.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm trying to figure out who this statue looks like. Torn between Frank Skinner & Stan Laurel. Not Harry Kane though. (Also, is he waiting for a train?)

The statue of Harry Kane shows the footballer sat on a green bench with a football on his knee

40 minutes ago, time said:

I'm trying to figure out who this statue looks like. Torn between Frank Skinner & Stan Laurel. Not Harry Kane though. (Also, is he waiting for a train?)

The statue of Harry Kane shows the footballer sat on a green bench with a football on his knee

Waiting for Spurs to win a trophy, like waiting for a train in a closed station where all the tracks have been ripped up

• Like 1